HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Right to host in February?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
39forever

PostSubject: Right to host in February?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering, 2 years ago, TV girls won the right to host regionals, but because of the pond hockey, all the hotels were booked up so they were made to move it to Hartland. Barring a major upset in A girls, John Caldwell will win the right to host this year. I made a couple of phone calls to check on availablility for that weekend, and it is the same story again, hardly a motel room available for an hour in any direction, and this is only December! Do you suppose they will make JC do the same thing they made TV do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Right to host in February?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 pm

39forever wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering, 2 years ago, TV girls won the right to host regionals, but because of the pond hockey, all the hotels were booked up so they were made to move it to Hartland. Barring a major upset in A girls, John Caldwell will win the right to host this year. I made a couple of phone calls to check on availablility for that weekend, and it is the same story again, hardly a motel room available for an hour in any direction, and this is only December! Do you suppose they will make JC do the same thing they made TV do?

I do believe TV hosted in Hartland because their gym was booked for pond hockey festivities. Not because they were made to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Right to host in February?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Dug Sea wrote:
39forever wrote:

I do believe TV hosted in Hartland because their gym was booked for pond hockey festivities. Not because they were made to?

I was not aware of that. If that was the case, then my bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Right to host in February?   Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm

39forever wrote:
Dug Sea wrote:
39forever wrote:

I was not aware of that. If that was the case, then my bad.

However some place in the miramichi was scheduled to host a provincial volley ball championship a few years back but there was a lack of accomodations because of a ringette tournament in the region. The volley ball tournament was forced to move, so you still may have a legitimate question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right to host in February?   Today at 10:59 am

Back to top Go down

Right to host in February?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1