HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coach 07

PostSubject: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:52 pm

AA - Girls --Well, well, oh where do I begin...first congrats to Tobique Valley for a game well played. Devon didn't know what to do against the triangle and two,(told ya would be a good defense to use) your big girls controlled the key and the two guards kept upton and gillis in control..and when she went to drive there was always a big girl to double on her in regards to the triangle...played it well. Oulette, oulette ...made the difference in this game, yes everyone that played did their part but outlette kept this game with a 20 point spread and when she got fouled out or was sitting was when Devon started plugging back, which was a good effort on thier part but fortunatly TV was able to hold on to the finish. Again my deepest congrats, and I cheered you on. THey've worked hard on thier program and it shows, I have a good feeling you will be there again next year as well

AA boys -- the best game of the final 8 as far as i'm concerned, no big point spread, well played by both teams..each had thier opportunity to take control but in the end was Sugarloaf..congrats!! I am curious though, how many 3 pt shots did they actual score cause man or man that was amazing. I have never seen a team shoot and make that many 3's.

AAA girls - kinda boring actually, with that big of a point spread, it doesn't make for a very intense game. Though congrats to Riverview, but like it wasn't a really big surprise. I was impressed with # 8 off of KV though, good little hustler.

AAA boys -- a bit dissapointing, the first 3 quarters where good but the forth, well not good. I was rooting for Wsk since I'm from Carleton County and all but in the forth FHS just plain and simple played the better game. They moved the ball well, and always found that open man. TFHS deserved to win, they played better I just wish they didn't whine so much as it kinda takes the attention away from their great play and more on complaining.

So was another interesting year and now it is finally all done but the crying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Despite my complete inability to predict things effectively I thought yesterday was a great day. Both AA games were hard fought and well attended. The AAA girls final was great basketball despite the score disparity. The AAA boys final was nuts, I can't recall last time I saw a crowd that big at a AAA final.

COngrats to all the teams on a memorable finish to the year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Great Games !!!!!!! Grat Fan Support !!!!! Well Done AITKEN Group !!!!!
AAA Boys : Great effort by Woody . They got in foul trouble early and just could not D up good enough . Good game played by FHS showed there depth.
AAA Girls : Can you say unstopable !!!!!!
AA Boys : Game of the day. Two great teams . Put on a shooting clinic .
AA Girls : DP has the best player in the conference Tobique has the best TEAM .
Tobique moved the ball using all five players on the floor and dominated the boards on both end . They were well prepared with a new defencive structure . Tobique pressured there guards who where unable to find Gillis . DP's late run was very impressive and they had a fantastic year . The tobique twin towers used each other effectively and dominated the game . With nine of there ten returning they will be very tuff again next year . Congrats TV , Sugarloaf , Riverview and FHS . Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Coach DJR, you are right about the crowd. Woodstock pays the bills for NBIAA with that crowd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm

I totally agree that the basketball Saturday was excellent. The same can't be said for some of the crowd or the organizing committee. Let me be more specific...the FHS crowd. I'm not sure how many people saw it but there was almost a major incident at halftime of the WHS and FHS game. The FHS "supporters" literally blocked the way of the WHS players when they were leaving the court and then went as far as physically contacting them. Coach Jones was livid and came back from the changing room twice to voice his displeasure. Of course FHS didn't have to worry about that as they had the luxury of using a "nicer" dressing room on the other side of the AUC. I hope Saint John does win the bid to host!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

wow...is that true?

I wouldn't mind seeing it at Harbour station next year too...not because of FHS fans, The Fredericton AC committee has doen excellent work with that event for all the years they have done it...they would be a tough act to follow...but moving the event around would be good for basketball in the province , I think...wouldn't it ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Have to agree with Rudas, some crazy things happening near the floor. Look out for the sugarloaf cheerleaders!!
Back to top Go down
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Yes it's true. I was sitting nearby. Some of the Woodstock supporters (fathers?) saw it too and made their way down to the area. Thank God Corby and a couple of others showed up to try to move the idiots out of there. It was very tense for a while and easily could have ended up in a major fight. During the warmup the vulgar language and trash talk directed at the Woodstock players was unbelievable. The WHS players showed a lot of class I thought by ignoring them. The ironic part was one of Fredericton's finest and his wife were sitting in the middle of them with a FHS shirt on laughing it up! I'm glad I didn't bring my ten year old son to the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Rudas wrote:
Yes it's true. I was sitting nearby. Some of the Woodstock supporters (fathers?) saw it too and made their way down to the area. Thank God Corby and a couple of others showed up to try to move the idiots out of there. It was very tense for a while and easily could have ended up in a major fight. During the warmup the vulgar language and trash talk directed at the Woodstock players was unbelievable. The WHS players showed a lot of class I thought by ignoring them. The ironic part was one of Fredericton's finest and his wife were sitting in the middle of them with a FHS shirt on laughing it up! I'm glad I didn't bring my ten year old son to the game.

You know what they say: "Sports doesn't build character as much as it reveals it". Maybe that applies to fans as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am

I would concur.

The Fredericton fans (at least members of the student group court side) were way out of control.

-Chants of "Bull$#!*" everytime a call went against Fredericton.
- Cursing and taunting WHS players.
- Giving non FHS fans in the area the finger and telling them to go the "F^&K" home.
- Physically interacting with WHS players as they leave the floor.
- Cursing about, at security.
-Being asked to Leave and then later coming back.
-Storming the floor despite being asked repeatedly not too.

I had a front row seat to most of this and was shocked particularly as there were also small children seated in courtside being exposed to all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!   Today at 8:51 pm

Back to top Go down

AA and AAA Results at Aikten !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1