HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley AAA Draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:07 pm

February 26 - Fraser ValleyRound 1 Elimination (winner advances)

@ Yale 6pm #16 Centennial vs #17 Maple Ridge (winner = #16 seed)
8pm #1 Yale vs #32 Sullivan Heights (winner = #1 seed)

@ White Rock Christian 6pm #15 Pinetree vs #18 Queen Elizabeth (winner = #15 seed)
8pm #2 White Rock Christian vs #31 Sardis (winner = #2 seed)

@ Pitt Meadows 6pm #14 Enver Creek vs #19 Seaquam (winner = #14 seed)
8pm #3 Pitt Meadows vs #30 Chilliwack (winner = #3 seed)

@ Terry Fox 6pm #13 Brookswood vs #20 MEI (winner = #13 seed)
8pm #4 Terry Fox vs #29 Frank Hurt (winner = #4 seed)

@ Fleetwood Park 6pm #12 Gleneagle vs #21 Princess Margaret (winner = #12 seed)
8pm #5 Fleetwood Park vs #28 Semiahmoo (winner = #5 seed)

@ Walnut Grove 6pm #11 Clayton Heights vs #22 Fraser Heights (winner = #11 seed)
8pm #6 Walnut Grove vs #27 Samuel Robertson Technical (winner = #6 seed)

@ WJ Mouat 6pm #10 Delta vs #23 Kwantlen Park (winner = #10 seed)
8pm #7 WJ Mouat vs #26 Robert Bateman (winner = #7 seed)

@ Tamanawis 6pm #9 Heritage Woods vs #24 North Delta (winner = #9 seed)
8pm #8 Tamanawis vs # 25 Guildford Park (winner = #8 seed)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:43 am

some great match ups in the first round be interesting to see who makes it through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 am

oldbulldog wrote:
February 26 - Fraser ValleyRound 1 Elimination (winner advances)

@ Yale 6pm #16 Centennial vs #17 Maple Ridge (winner = #16 seed)
8pm #1 Yale vs #32 Sullivan Heights (winner = #1 seed)

Six Valley teams are currently ranked in the top 15, as well as another 4 in the HM class. Centennial being 1 of those in HM. Yet Centennial is seeded # 16 ? WOW, looks to me like some people are out to make it more difficult for Yale, loading up that portion of the draw.

# 1 seed potentially gets Centennial and then Tammy, just to make it to the semis. Pretty tough draw, although they should still progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baseline

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm

It really pays to be Terry Fox. A #4 seed? Are you kidding me? Look at their draw - Frank Hurt followed by Brookswood. Stamp their passport for the Dome along with Yale, White Rock and Pitt (who BTW gets an easy draw as well). Goulet and Chambers run the seeding with their best interests in mind. What I don't understand is why the other Coaches put up with it. The real question is who will survive for the last three spots for the Dome. Any early predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Baseline wrote:
It really pays to be Terry Fox. A #4 seed? Are you kidding me? Look at their draw - Frank Hurt followed by Brookswood. Stamp their passport for the Dome along with Yale, White Rock and Pitt (who BTW gets an easy draw as well). Goulet and Chambers run the seeding with their best interests in mind. What I don't understand is why the other Coaches put up with it. The real question is who will survive for the last three spots for the Dome. Any early predictions?

The only team in the draw that deserves to be seeded higher than Fox is WJ Mouat, which beat Fox in a pre-season game. Fox just beat Burnaby South last week by 15 (in exhibition), and has won games over Fleetwood Park, MEI, Heritage Woods and St. Georges this season.

They lost to Yale by 15 and Pitt by 8 and 7 points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
double downs

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:49 pm

you guys hype some teamss upp hard..fox...seriously?... they arent that good, pinetree is seriously underated, only team to beat heritage..and they just won their elimination game tonight, look for them, their a good team, i think the final will be, yale,WRC, pitt, heritage,and maybe glen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:07 pm

So, the 1st round of games produces not 1, not a single upset. Who on earth decided it would be a good idea to have 32 teams in the playoffs ? Probably someone from the FV council, thinking 1 extra night of spectators paying at 8 venues would fatten up the coffers of the FV basketball association.

In fact, there were only 2 games that were decided by 5 points or less.
The bottom 8 teams, seeded 25 through 32, lost by an average of almost 39 points.

Would it not be wiser to reward the top 8 teams with a bye, and have seeds 9 through 24 play an elimination game first ?

Just a thought, any opinions ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 pm

That there were no upsets may mean that the coaches seeded accutately. One thing you could do is make league play more meaningful and if you finish first in your league you get the bye and host. Rank the league winners 1 to 8 compared to each other then seed the rest 9 to 24 for your do or die round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baseline

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:32 am

coachb wrote:
That there were no upsets may mean that the coaches seeded accutately. One thing you could do is make league play more meaningful and if you finish first in your league you get the bye and host. Rank the league winners 1 to 8 compared to each other then seed the rest 9 to 24 for your do or die round.

Makes a lot of sense except you would never get the traditional powers to agree. Look at this year's draw - it would mean teams like Walnut Grove and Fleetwood would be seeded higher than Fox andd that would NOT sit well with Chambers and the boys. At the end of the day, the regular season has to mean something or why play the games? If a team finishes first in their conference, therre should be some sort of reward. If it is a weak conference, they will fall out of the mix pretty early but at least they make it to the round of 16 based on their conference play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Results from Yale   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 am

1st game between # 8 Tamanawis vs # 9 Heritage Woods was fairly close most of the game. Tammy pulled away a bit at the end and won 77 - 62.

2nd game between # 1 Yale and # 16 Centennial was close for the 1st half. Halftime score was 51 - 44 for Yale, but that was as close as it would get. Yale outscored Centennial by 16 in the 3rd qtr to lead 84 - 61 after 3 qtrs. The 4th qtr continued the same, with both teams playing bench players. Yale outscored Cent in the 4th 33 - 9 to win by a score of 117 - 70.

Games on Tuesday :

6 PM - # 9 Heritage Woods vs # 16 Centennial

8 PM - # 1 Yale vs # 8 Tamanawis

Personally, I find the seeding of Centennial at # 16 to be way too low. I think they will still make Provincials, even with the huge loss tonight against Yale.

I also believe that # 8 Tamanawis will also make Provincials, along with Yale naturally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach #5

PostSubject: Tomorrow's Match-ups & Predictions   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 am

Tuesday, March 2 - Day 2 Fraser Valley Championships @ Yale
Game #9 6:00pm Heritage Woods vs Centennial
Game #13 8:00pm Tamanawis vs Yale

Tuesday, March 2 - Day 2 Fraser Valley Championships @ Terry Fox
Game #10 8:00pm Gleneagle vs Brookswood
Game #14 8:00pm Terry Fox vs Fleetwood Park

Tuesday, March 2 - Day 2 Fraser Valley Championshipsl @White Rock Christian
Game #11 6:00pm WJ Mouat vs Pinetree
Game #15 8:00pm Delta vs WRCA

Tuesday, March 2 - Day 2 Fraser Valley Championships @ Pitt Meadows
Game #12 6:00pm Enver Creek vs Walnut Grove
Game #16 8:00pm Pitt Meadows vs Clayton Heights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach #5

PostSubject: Final Predictions   Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:19 am

#1 - Yale
#2 - Pitt
#3 - WRCA
#4 - Fleetwood
#5, #6, #7 - Mouat, Heritage Woods, Terry Fox (in any order)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach #5

PostSubject: New Predictions   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 am

1. Pitt
2. Yale
3. WRCA
4. Fox
5. Centennial
6. Fleetwood Park
7. Mouat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Tammy played Yale tough, you don't think they'll grab one of the top 7 berths for AAAs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach #5

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm

snaked wrote:
Tammy played Yale tough, you don't think they'll grab one of the top 7 berths for AAAs?

When you start raining 3's and playing that hybrid-pressure style of defense (trapping everywhere) on an unsuspecting opponent, I guess anything could happen.

But Tammy has Delta now in a do-or-die, and Delta won that last match-up, so I would expect Tammy's season comes to an end on Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Coach #5 wrote:
snaked wrote:

When you start raining 3's and playing that hybrid-pressure style of defense (trapping everywhere) on an unsuspecting opponent, I guess anything could happen.

But Tammy has Delta now in a do-or-die, and Delta won that last match-up, so I would expect Tammy's season comes to an end on Thursday night.

Tammy plays Mouat next, not Delta.
Delta is playing Centennial.

http://www.bcboysbasketball.com/leagues/custom_page.cfm?leagueID=0&clientID=2192&pageID=7560

Yes, Tammy played Yale very tough, but it also helps when Nykai gets 3 fouls in the first 4 1/2 min and sits the rest of the 1st half.

I still think that both Tammy and Centennial will make it through, along with Fleetwood, plus the 4 teams in the semi's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baseline

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 pm

What a shock! Pitt and Fox in the final four. Who would have guessed. Well done Chambers and Goulet. Frank Hurt, Chiliwack and Brookswood were sure quality opponents. Ah well, you still gotta win the games so predicition time:

Game #17 2:30pm Centennial vs Delta
Game #18 4:15pm Gleneagle vs Clayton Heights
Game #19 6:00pm WJ Mouat vs Tamanawis
Game #20 8:00pm Walnut Grove vs Fleetwood Park

March 5 - Day 4 Championship Draw @ THOMAS HANEY SECONDARY
Game #21 2:30pm Centennial vs Clayton Heights
Game #22 4:15pm WJ Mouat vs Fleetwood Park
Game #23 6:00pm Yale vs Terry Fox
Game #24 8:00pm White Rock Christian vs Pitt Meadows

Final Seven that go to the Dome:

Yale
WRCA
Pitt
Fox
Fleetwood
Centennial
Mouat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snaked

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Is it true that Ken Dockendorf at Ridge boycotted a game somewhat against Pitt? To protest? I mean Goulet is the guy you go to to complain about recruiting...yet he does the majority of it.

Didn't Ridge lose two of their best grade 9s from last year and Thomas Haney lost their best grade 9...all went to Pitt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baseline

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 am

2 for 4 - not great but Walnut Grove is sure sneaking up on some teams. I see they play Mouat next - a team they beat twice during the regular season. Any one predict that Grove would have a shot at the Dome? I sure didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: WRCA vs Pitt   Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Somewhat disappointed in Pitt last night, I feel they had the game and let it slip away. Big Mike was having his way in the paint, WRCA were almost mugging him to keep him from getting the ball. Riley, # 9 and # 45 all had 4 fouls, and Pitt stopped looking for Mike, for some reason. I always wonder why teams go away from what is working for them ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach #5

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Did anyone happen to see the Yale vs. Fox semi-final? I see it went into OT - I would love to hear a review of the game.

Earlier in the season, watching Yale play at the Bby. South tournament, it seemed like they were untouchable. Now Tammy and Fox have both played them to very close games.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baseline1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:26 am

Mouat vs Clayton

last 2 minutes, the coach and some poor choices by #13, 5 and 30 cost them a birth to the dome.

Delta vs Walnut Grove

Delta was too much for an inconsistant Grove team.

Fox vs Pitt

Fox too tired from the previous nights performance against Yale got hammered by Pitt

Yale vs White Rock

If there was any doubters about Yale, they should all be gone now. WR got left in the dust after 10 minutes of play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA Draw   Today at 3:16 am

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley AAA Draw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1