HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Yale....   Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:23 pm

last night was the 1st time i have seen Yale play in months, and they impressed....all the talk of an easy schedule should disappear now, as they are clearly a valley team to beware of......they took a few minutes to adjust to Fox's agressive play, but once settled, never looked in trouble.....Fridays game should be a scorcher!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Really shocked by the Mouat score. Congrats to them on a dominating performance. They've been very unimpressive all year(maybe our expectations were too high), pretty much getting by with their size. They'll be scary if their supporting cast plays well. They could give WRCA problems. They played in the Junior Valley final 2 years ago with WRCA winning. Tristan is the best talent in the province. Kid's been through a lot. March is when the great ones step up and we may be seeing him evolve into the great talent he is.

Tammy looked really good earlier this season. They have to finish strong. A 5th place Valley finish should still get them a 6 seed at the provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 pm

I think the Mouat / WRCA game is going to be very close. It should be as they are down to the final 4 in the Valleys. I think for Mouat to win, Tristan is going to need a monster offensive game. Between him and Corey H., the two of them will need to score 45 plus points for Mouat to have a chance. Guarantee one of WR's bigs will man to man with Corey H, similar to the way they play Jadon C of WG. A strong 2-3 zone should help Mouat, but I think WRCA is the best team in the province at shooting 3s as they have 5 guys, who will can hit from the outside.

WG/Yale game is going to be much closer than last time these 2 teams played. Yale will have practiced on limiting WG transition game and get them into a half court game. If they do this, the game will be close. I still thing WG will win as they have more depth, and more scoring options, and in a big game, those 2 factors will be the deciding factor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 pm

[quote="JLivingston"]
I have been watching enver team since this group won the Grade 8 provincials and during that time, we all thought that this team will be super good in their senior years. It did not pan out the way it was expected.[/quote]

Who wins in grade 8, 9, or even Jr rarely means anything when it comes to SR basketball. Too many variables from genetics, coaching and player development. WRCA has the rare opportunity to win the Jr title in 2011 and SR title this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Abby Sr beat Heritage Woods and plays against Terry Fox on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Since Yale, WG and WRCA are all in the final four of the Valley championship and assume they all finish top 3, will this translate to the same seeding for the AAAs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
realitycheck

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 pm

It really wouldn't be much of a surprise if Valley 1 and 2 were seeded 1 and 2 in the tournament. Valley 3 would likely be a top 5, maybe getting the #4 seed in the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:29 am

1.Valley 1
2.Valley 2
3.LM 1(most likely Kits)
4.Valley 3
5.Island 1(most likely Oak Bay)
6.Valley 4
7.Valley 5
8.Valley 6

The Valley teams have performed better than Burnaby South and should be ranked higher. But what should happen and what will happend are two completely different things. Sunday might be more interesting than the AAA tournament itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 am

I believe the zone winners have to be given top seeds.
That would mean LM #1, likely Kits, would be seeded #2, not Valley #2.
The way Kits are playing right now,, the #2 seed would be realistic anyway.
After that it will get ugly for some teams. Who will get to play St. George's early?
Valley one should have by far the softest draw. Kits will be opposite, as will Valley #2 and probably #3. LM 2 will be put opposite LM 1 and this means South will be the second highest seed on FV #1's side. South are capable, but the record suggests that is a favourable draw.
Two years ago 5 of the top 7 teams were put on one side due to zone considerations. Ridiculous in terms of creating the best possible tournament, but it will happen again this year. Likely worse.
I think you will see Kits, FV #2, #3, St. Georges, all on one side. Four of the top five ranked schools.
If Mouat were to win the FV...oh oh, and I believe they have a real shot at that.
WRCA, Walnut, Kits, St. Georges would then likely all end up on the other side while Mouat and South would be the top seeds in the other half. St. George's have no complaint to make...they made their own bed, but the others? Wow.
Let's pray saner minds prevail and make a draw more fair to everyone.
I give that a 3.6% chance of happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 am

Would love to see Mouat and Burnaby South win their zones. Would make Sunday's meeting very interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hard2thehole

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:01 am

^Where would the Island, Okanagan, Howe Sound winners be placed? Not that I think they'll make any noise but it'll be interesting to see which of these teams gets a really favorable draw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Gentlemen, please tell me it ain't so! I'll first preface my comments by stipulating that if you want to win the banner you have to beat everyone in your path, but having said that if it plays out as some of you have suggested then this is insane, unjust, immoral and possibly criminal.

The Fraser Valley has proven to be the premier region. All year the top teams have been within the top 5 in Province. WRCA and WG have consistently been the two top teams all year based on schedule RPI, league play, key tournament victories etc. Yale has held #1 for a significant part of the season, but it can be argued that there schedule and key victories has been less. Mouat although playing better has yet to beat a top tier team. They may match up well with WRCA, but will have their hands full as WRCA is strong and has proven they can win big games as they did against Walnut in the Beagle and Emerald. Walnut has blown out Mouat each time they've played them this year. I can understand Kits getting a #2 seed as LM#1 if they win given similar arguments as WRCA and WG. They beat WRCA twice this year, but WG beat them twice including earlier in the month at the WCI finals.

An arguement can be made that if WG and WRCA finish within top 2 in the Valley's that they should be #1 and #2 at Provincials and Kits #3. If WG finishes first in Valley then WR should be on the opposite side with Kits. If WR finishes #1 then WG should be on opposite side with Kits. Either way you have to set it up so that either it's a Fraser Valley #1 and #2 final or Fraser Valley #1 and LM #1 final if the rankings play out. The tourney has to be set up where the two strongest teams including this weekend have a chance to battle it out for the banner. It does not negate the fact that other teams can't be the champions; by arguement is based on a hypothetical if the rankings were to play themselves out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 pm

If Kits wins LM's and Mouat finishes 4th at Valley's...I think you have to go Valley 1 & Valley 3 on one side of the draw and LM1 & Valley 2 on the other side. They've been the top 4 teams for most of the year and would make for a great Final 4.

It'll come down to matchups. WRCA has had success against Walnut twice but lost to Kits twice. Walnut has beaten Kits twice but lost to WRCA twice. Yale has lost to Kits and Walnut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Valley is the best of the zones.....with anywhere from 5 to 10 of the best teams in BC....which is a shame they only have 8 berths, as some deserving teams will going home tonight.....Saturdays final should be the game everyone wants, with the top 2 teams in BC going at it - WRCA vs Walnut Grove......the run up to that game should produce some if the best Snr boys ball of the season!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-5

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:11 pm

I know this is off topic, but who won the north shore/howe sound zone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Sardis +10 over Lord Tweedsmuir

Terry Fox 82 over Abby Sr. 75

Enver Creek 70 over Gleneagle 48

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stokes23

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 pm

geez that's unfortunate tweeds is out. It seems every year their coach never develops other options in their offense and they become predictable in relying too much on their two gifted guards. People suggest it may even be running his starters always into the ground and never developing or trusting his bench. I heard the other day they were losing by 30 to grove and still had their starters in.

I mean a team with no depth will never make it far at tournament time irrespective of how gifted you maybe. Especially one that soley relies on its outside shooting. Anyone see the game vs Sardis.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm

That's what happened in the Walnut game, their two elite guards were totally shut down that's why they lost big. the coach did play the bench though. An interesting argument you present as both WRCA and Yale ride with their starters, pretty much only play 6. They've faired pretty well thus far, but can they make that run in the AAAs on back to back days in tough competitive play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 pm

I watched YALE win BC's a couple of years ago (Matt L's year) and they only played 5 guys in the tournament, and a 6th might have snuck in for a couple of minutes.

WRCA rotates 7 guys into the game. Yale is similar. In big games, Walnut Grove rotates only 2 guys into the game and like most high school teams, there is a drop in talent when you get to the bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:06 am

Pitt beat Tammy by 20......59 - 39.....rich lead with 19, Canjura 16, Marshall 14 + points from the bench....the rest of Pitt finally show up......congrats to all who won tonight to make BCs....fox Sardis enver and Pitt....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 am

BCballer2011 wrote:
Pitt beat Tammy by 20......59 - 39.....rich lead with 19, Canjura 16, Marshall 14 + points from the bench....the rest of Pitt finally show up......congrats to all who won tonight to make BCs....fox Sardis enver and Pitt....
Wow are you serious? Tammy chocked big time. What happened to this team? They were considered one of the big 4 a cople weeks ago and now they're gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallisGood1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 am

Very impressive win by Pitt over Tammy tonight. Pitt completely shut down Bains, led by the four man Wewala. Some solid offense from Rich, Marshall and Canjura. If this team plays this way in the tournament they can hang with anyone outside maybe WG and WRCA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 am

Congrats to Sardis, Fox, Enver & Pitt. All 4 teams have been ranked ahead of Burnaby South all year. I'm really surprised by Tammy's downfall this past week. Should be interesting come Sunday when the draw is held.

I was at the Sardis/Tweeds game. Let's give Sardis some credit. They deserved to win today. They scouted Tweeds and had a specific gameplan. Their advantage in size, talent and depth was too much. They scored a ton of points on putbacks...which is a nightly occurrence against Tweeds. Game was tied halfway thru the 3rd and then Sardis pulled away. They were just consistent and solid throughout. Braeden and Paarus played well for Tweeds.

We can point fingers at the Tweeds coaching, but the coaches need players too. The Tweedsmuir kids are a great bunch, but they have only 3 guys who know how to dribble a basketball. They brought up a few grade 10's this year who didn't belong at the senior level...only because they didn't have enough players to field a senior boys team. They really could've used Jalen who transferred to STM last year when he was in Grade 10 and Kongo from Kits who lives in the Tweedsmuir catchment. Unfortunately, they're not there and you can't win playing 3 on 5.

Living in Cloverdale, it's been very entertaining to watch the Big 3. Braeden's the undersized center trying to guard guys who've got a foot on him in reach. Pavan's been a scoring machine who's averaged over 30 a game the last 2 years. And Paarus has developed into the top point guard in the province. His handles, court vision and shooting range will help him at the next level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerbc

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:30 am

I watched a few of tammys games at the start of the season and they looked pretty good, their losses near the end just goes to show you how any team can win on any night. From the games i watched, S bains ran the offence for them and always created shots for his team mates. At the pitt game tammy just couldnt hit shots even when bains would drive and hit the open man. He just couldnt do it by himself and this team choked big time. Pitt played a great game with some solid defence and it payed off with a blowout win. Congrats to pitt for the upset
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am

Pitt have been plagued by injury all year, and even now am very impressed by Rich given his bad ankle injury....Pitt have been searching for their 5th man all year, and finally seem to have it in 4 man Wewala....he shut down Bains, never letting him get comfortable.......getting back to Rich, for a big guy he has some great moves and is very quick, and not afraid to drive the hoop.....Canjura was a pleasant surprise, as the 2nd leading scorer, with Marshall flying around as usual......if Pitt continue to play like this and stay healthy, then they can make some noise at the BCs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Today at 5:29 am

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next