HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 am

AA Fraser Valley Championship Round
Wednesday February 20 @ Langley Christian
Game 9 3:00 pm Langley Christan 80 vs Rick Hansen 70
Game 10 4:45 pm G.W. Graham 76 vs R.E. Mountain 46
Game 11 6:30 pm Mission 37 vs SRT 26
Game 12 8:15 pm Pacific Academy 97 vs Thomas Haney 56
Thursday February 21 @ DW Poppy
Game 13 (semi-final) 3:00 pm Southridge 48 vs Holy Cross 80
Game 14 (semi-final) 4:45 pm Delview 63 vs Archbishop Carney 75
Game 15 6:30 pm Mission 53 vs Pacific Academy 37
Game 16 8:15 pm Langley Christian 71 vs G.W. Graham 61

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 am

[quote="BCballer2011"]I missed the last game between Pitt and fox.....but pretty sure rich had a game high 25 points...so not exactly making his life miserable.....the only thing in fox's favour is rich is unlikely to play....which will be a shame.[/quote]

17 points in the 4th. But we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: K   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am

My point, which u may be missing, is that I think Pitt lose without Rich.....regardless, both are good, well coached teams.....don't think either can hang with Yale, who will be up next for the winner......no doubt in my mind that the BC champ Gomes from the valley .....Grove or WRCA....good luck to all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 am

With Lower Mainland's 2nd berth guaranteed to go to either Burnaby Mountain or Burnaby South, could/should all 8 Fraser Valley teams be ranked in the top 10 at the BC's along with Lower Mainland 1 and Vancouver Island 1??

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eurobasket

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm

[quote="Sim"]With Lower Mainland's 2nd berth guaranteed to go to either Burnaby Mountain or Burnaby South, could/should all 8 Fraser Valley teams be ranked in the top 10 at the BC's along with Lower Mainland 1 and Vancouver Island 1??

Why do you think that all 8 Fraser Valley teams are better than Burnaby South/Burnaby Mountain? Seeding should be based on position each team gets at the end of zone tournaments. Bby South have struggled and played all season without starting point guard JC. Bby Mountain plays really well lately. Both teams have talent to beat anyone at any given day. Bby South showed this last night by beating a very good St. George’s team in their house. They are not "sexy" team that gets attention of the lower mainland basketball "wizards" who right glorious stories about some teams and ignores others. The only thing these teams can do is to show how bad these wizards are by beating their favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 pm

I tend to agree with Eurobasket.....there are sexy teams out there (Kits comes to mind) and workhorse teams (WRCA).....you have to play the game!!! If nothing else, that was proved last year when fox won the BCs......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 pm

The thing about any sport is that the favorite can be beaten on any given night, but don't interpret that the win means they're a better team. I would like to see the results of a series of games between St. Georges and Burnaby South. Based on play throughout the year St. Georges has a much better resume. South has lost many games especially against the upper class. Congrats to them for peaking at the rigtht time, but will they be able to put together a series of great games. We'll see how they fair the rest of the way.

Folks discuss and praise teams that have done well including early in the season when Kits was devouring everyone including WRCA twice. It was deserved. When they fell on some hard times they faced some criticism as well. In the beginning of the season when WG lost to Gleneagle people referred to them as overrated. Fox won last year and was a definition of a team, but they weren't the only other "team". Because teams like Pitt and Kelowna received a lot a press last year didn't mean they weren't good "teams" or all hype because they fell short. Sports are a funny thing, that's why we love them, they're often unpredictable, full of drama, require a little karma to be top and in the end there will only ever be 1 winner! Fraser Valley's teams on a whole are much stronger than LM or other regions based solely on their play not hype or allegiance, but this doesn't mean a team like South, Oak Bay etc can't win it, but they won't be the favorites’ and may have a tougher route to get there. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Good post Dick......peaking at the right time, with an injury free team is huge, plus some teams just match up better against u than others......rankings are so subjective, with not everyone having played everyone, it's next to impossible to be a real reflection of the teams out there......at the end of the day you have to beat the team in front of you in order to move forward.....about all you can count on is that there will be upsets along the way!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I did preface it by saying that could/should.

Rankings should be based on total body of work with a bit of bias on who's got momentum now. I don't believe Burnaby Mountain has beaten any ranked or HM team outside Burnaby South this year(correct me if I'm wrong). If they finish LM2, I still don't think that'll be enough to get them a top 10 ranking at BCs.

And every team has injuries throughout the year. Some have them early(South, Tweedsmuir,etc) and some like Pitt have them now. It's an unfortunate part of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Totally agree Sim & BCBaller. The AAA ranks NEED to be based on volume of work and current play factored in as a serious criteria. I hate dwelling on the US, but you see the seedings in March Madness, an elite team could lose their conference championship but still get the #1 seed or high seed. Can't go on about match-ups, they pose a significant challenge for any coach and team when going head-to-head. Any injuries could be disastrous at this part of the season, but it's similar in some ways to losing a top player to foul trouble you have to find ways to overcome. The energy and interest is rising - keep up the great points. Love this game. bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Fox 81 Pitt 57
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 am

Tweedsmuir with a comfortable win over Gleneagle. Paarus playing like the top grade 12 point right now in the province. Went off for almost 40 again. He had the Walnut gym buzzing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 am

Fox beat Pitt to move forward....Pitt had no answer for fox's 3 point shooting.....have to say I was stunned to see Rich start.....gutsy performance from a player clearly limited by his ankle injury....put up 12, plus a couple of nice blocks.....sadly for Pitt, no one else stepped up and Pitt have a must-win game on Monday.....fox will take their aggressive game to Yale....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am

Mouat won by 20+ over Abby

Big win for Enver over Sardis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loveofthegame

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:14 am

I have been lucky enough to watch a few Tweedsmuir games this year and I will tell you Paarus Sahi is the most underrated player in BC. IMO he is the best PG in this grad class. I dont know if I have ever seen a kid shoot the ball as well as him with his kind of range it is incredible. In the first game of the FV he had 38 and 8 threes against Semiahmoo in about 25-30 minutes tonight in a packed WG gym he had 35-40 on Gleneagle and had 7 or 8 more threes tonight. He doesnt get a lot of credit or attention playing at Tweedsmuir the last two seasons but he is a special player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 am

I absolutely agree with some the sentiment regarding Paarus Sahi from Tweedsmuir, I had the pleasure last night to watch this young man for the first time, and let me tell you I was not disappointed. The purest shooting stroke (Manroop'esque) I have witnessed on the high school level this season, he is an absolute offensive dynamo, either stepping back, pulling up, driving and dishing and finishing at the rim. Haven't seen enough of him defensively to say he'd be a liability at the next level, but he is undersized a touch. He would be a great pickup for any CIS/CCAA coach as he is the definition of instant offense. He is one fun player to watch, and I will surely head out to the next Tweedsmuir game just to see him ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Any score in the Yale/heights game???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:19 pm

BCballer2011 wrote:
Any score in the Yale/heights game???

Game 24 8:00pm W16 Yale 107 vs W15 Fraser Heights 69
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Fraser Valley Quarter Finals (Monday, February 25th). Winners guaranteed spot in Provincials.

WRCA (#1) vs Enver Creek (@ WRCA)
Mouat vs Tammy (#4) (@ Tammy)
Lord Tweedsmuir vs Walnut Grove (#2) (@WG)
Terry Fox vs Yale (#3) (@ Yale)

Suspect that the top 4 seeds will hold.

The intriguing game to me will be Mouat vs Tammy as Tammy squeeks by a determined Heritage Woods squad in overtime last night. Mouat is playing excellent ball as of late and I think they can knock Tammy off. Both teams play very similar styles. Big man on defence and both teams shoot the 3 very well. Something tells me an upset is going to happen as I think Mouat has more big game experience.

Terry Fox will come at Yale with their patented 1-3-1 zone, but I think to compete against Yale you have to run and play a transition game. As Walnut Grove exposed their weakness in the third quarter of their game......run against this team and you have a chance. Yale will win if this game is a half court game.

Will the Cinderella story of Tweeds come to an end. I suspect the answer is yes. The combo of Mayorga / Getz down low and on defence is too much (plus throw in Jadon on offence) for a Tweeds team that lacks height. I don't think they will be able to defend WG and WG is a high scoring machine. BUT, if Tweeds guards light it up like they can, an upset could happen. Biggest game Tweeds has ever played in so will be interesting to see how they respond.

WRCA / Enver Creek should be a good game. Enver Creek is very athletic and very good at driving to the hoop. Not sure if they have the speed to match up with WRCA on the run. Should be a good game and Enver Creek will be very determined as WRCA has had their number over the last couple of years.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Any predictions for the other side of the draw??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loveofthegame

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:58 pm

I predict Mouat over Tamanawis.

I think the WRCA Enver game is going to be very close, but I think WR by 5. Envers starting 5 is as talented as any starting 5 in the Valley

Grove over Tweedsmuir, I dont think anyone is giving Tweedsmuir a chance in this game, but I think it will be a competitive game. The last few weeks Grove is a team on a mission they are playing their best ball of the season right now. That being said if any team can pull off a upset it would be this Tweeds team

I think Yale over Fox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Whiterock over Enver by 15. No disrespect to Enver but they don't have manpower to stop both Tyus and Vartan.
Tammy will take it over Mouat in a close game. I can't find out what is wrong with this Mouat team but they need a big offense from Tristan from going fwd.
Grove had already played Tweedy in Dec. They knew what the duo of Pavan and Paarus could do. They have as speedy guards as tweedys and should not create too much problem for grove to take this game.
I am uneasy to make a prediction between Yale and Fox. Casey will have a big game in my prediction but will it be enough? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

I expect the top 4 seeds to win on Monday.

As well as Tweedsmuir has played lately, Walnut is the worst possible matchup for them. Walnut is too big, deep and athletic.

The interesting games will be on Thursday. Win or go home. If top 4 win on Monday, looks like it'll be:

5.Mouat vs. 6.Pitt
7.Tweedsmuir vs. 8.Sardis
9.Enver vs. 10.Gleneagle
11.Fox vs. 12.Abby

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:35 am

AAA Fraser Valley Championships
Friday February 22 - Round 2

G17 #8 Sardis 64 vs #9 Enver Creek 75 @ WRCA
G18 #1 WRCA 83 vs #17 North Delta 67 @ WRCA
G19 #5 W.J. Mouat 70 vs #12 Abby Sr @ Tamanawis
G20 #4 Tamanawis 79 vs #13 Heritage Woods 72 @ Tamanawis
G21 #7 Lord Tweedsmuir 65 vs #10 Gleneagle 57 @ Walnut Grove
G22 #2 Walnut Grove 72 vs #15 Delta 45 @ Walnut Grove
G23 #6 Pitt Meadows 57 vs #11 Terry Fox 81 @ Yale
G24 #3 Yale 107 vs #19 Fraser Heights 69 @ Yale

AA Fraser Valley Championships
Friday February 22 @ DW Poppy

G17 #7 Langley Christian 67 vs #4 Southridge 80
G18 #3 Delview 57 vs #9 Mission 53

Saturday February 23 @ DW Poppy
G19 (3rd/4th) 6:30 pm #4 Southridge 57 vs #3 Delview 61
G20 (1st/2nd) 8:15 pm #1 Holy Cross 80 vs #2 Archbishop Carney 53

The top 3 teams qualify for the "AA" BC Championships
March 6-9, 2013 in Kamloops.
1. Holy Cross
2. Archbishop Carney
3. Delview

League MVP:
Taylor Browne - Holy Cross

1st Allstar Team:
Sam Chan - Southridge
Patrick Simon - Archbishop Carney
Wowie Untalan - Delview
Aaron Madaisky - Holy Cross
Henry Maduabueke - Holy Cross

2nd Allstar Team:
Jaitan Rana - Delview
Alex Baumann - Archbishop Carney
Michelle Jarvie - Langley Christian
Ryan Cheng - Southridge
Arjun Boghal - Mission

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Yale/fox......Yale wins this one, as fox will have issues inside......Casey is not foxes main threat, it's there 3 point shooting grade 10 guards.....Pitt were as close as 2 points in their game, but could not stop fox's number 6, who I don't think missed a 3......Yale move on.....fox in a must win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Today at 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next