HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 pm

[quote="BCballer2011"]Yale/fox......Yale wins this one, as fox will have issues inside......Casey is not foxes main threat, it's there 3 point shooting grade 10 guards.....Pitt were as close as 2 points in their game, but could not stop fox's number 6, who I don't think missed a 3......Yale move on.....fox in a must win.[/quote]

Game was never closer then 5 points in the 2nd half. And #6 is far from Fox's main threat. He their back up point guard.

Fox match ups up nicely with Yale, much like they do with WRCA. Not saying they are going to win but it will be close and a very high scoring game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am

Games on Monday February 25

@ #1 White Rock Christian
G25 6:15 pm Sardis vs N. Delta
G26 8:00 pm Enver Cr. vs WRCA

@ #4 Tamanawis
G27 6:15 pm Abbotsford vs Heritage Woods
G28 8:00 pm Tamanawis vs WJ Mouat

@ #2 Walnut Grove
G29 6:15 pm Gleneagle 76 vs Delta 63
G30 8:00 pm Walnut Grove vs Lord Tweedsmuir

@ #3 Yale
G31 6:15 pm Pitt Meadows 65 vs Fraser Hts. 59
G32 8:00 pm Yale vs Terry Fox

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Predictions......Sardis WRCA Abbotsford Tammy Gleneagle Grove Pitt Yale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm

This Fox team is young but improving every game . Fox's coaching is far superior than Yale and will have their team ready for a very athletic group of boys from Abby. If Fox limits turnovers and doesnt miss easy lay ups this will be close . I say Yale by 15 but i can also see an upset here
JrCoachS wrote:
BCballer2011 wrote:
Yale/fox......Yale wins this one, as fox will have issues inside......Casey is not foxes main threat, it's there 3 point shooting grade 10 guards.....Pitt were as close as 2 points in their game, but could not stop fox's number 6, who I don't think missed a 3......Yale move on.....fox in a must win.

Game was never closer then 5 points in the 2nd half. And #6 is far from Fox's main threat. He their back up point guard.

Fox match ups up nicely with Yale, much like they do with WRCA. Not saying they are going to win but it will be close and a very high scoring game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I have lot of respect for the fox coaching staff, believe the head coach worked at CP this year.....fox are physical and I'm not sure Yale can handle that.....while Yale have put up big numbers, I haven't seen the blow out a team, so DEF could be an issue.. And while #6 may not be fox's number 1 weapon, he certainly killed Pitt!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am

Yale putting it on Fox. Too many weapons. #5 has the quickest shot of the dribble I have seen in BC high school. JJ hitting 3's and Jacquin with about 3 And 1's. Outside of Reyes, Fox gr 10's are overwhelmed tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 am

Yale putting it on Fox. Too many weapons. #5 has the quickest shot of the dribble I have seen in BC high school. JJ hitting 3's and Jacquin with about 3 And 1's. Outside of Reyes, Fox gr 10's are overwhelmed tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 am

Pitt move past Fraser on the back of still injured Jiordan Rich who had 36 in a strong performance....kudos to Fraser who hung in there but had no answer for Pitts big man, who even sat out a quarter on 4 fouls......Pitt really need someone else to step up if they are going to get through Tammy/Mouat.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 am

Friday night at LEC (Fraser Valley Semi-final)

Game 1 #1 WRCA vs #5 W.J. Mouat
Game 2 #2 Walnut Grove vs #3 Yale

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:53 am

Thursday's Games at Fleetwood(Based on what's been reported):

2:30pm - 7.Tweedsmuir vs. 8.Sardis
4:15pm - 11.Fox vs. Abby/Heritage
6pm - 9.Enver vs. 10.Gleneagle
7:45pm - 4.Tamanawis vs. 6.Pitt

Saw the Walnut/Tweedsmuir game. Great 1st quarter. As predicted, Walnut's depth & size took over in the 2nd quarter. Their unsung heroes and bench hit just about all their shots. A team has to play a full 40 minutes to beat this team. Good luck to all the teams on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 am

Walnut came out strong and then Tweed came storming back to make it a two point game at end of 1st quarter then it was pure domination after that holding Tweed to about six 2nd quarter points. You could see in the 3rd that Tweed new they were overmatched. Grove kept the Tweed high scoring guards in check all night and kept Tweed to 50. To me Grove didn't even appear to have their best game, several turnovers and mediocre 3pt shooting, but still won big. Do or die for Tweed now against Sardis. Gleneagle bounced back strong against Delta and are up against Enver. Could be anyones games for those still fighting for spots.

What was the story in Tammy/Mouat game as it was a blow out I heard?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
meurrmans_moustache

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 am

DickVitale2013 wrote:
Walnut came out strong and then Tweed came storming back to make it a two point game at end of 1st quarter then it was pure domination after that holding Tweed to about six 2nd quarter points. You could see in the 3rd that Tweed new they were overmatched. Grove kept the Tweed high scoring guards in check all night and kept Tweed to 50. To me Grove didn't even appear to have their best game, several turnovers and mediocre 3pt shooting, but still won big. Do or die for Tweed now against Sardis. Gleneagle bounced back strong against Delta and are up against Enver. Could be anyones games for those still fighting for spots.

According to bcboysbasketball site (i cannot post links as I am a new user) Mouat won 72-40. As a Mouat alum, very happy to see the boys knock off the #4 ranked team according to Howard Tsmura in huge fashion.

Sets up some interesting matchups on Thursday

#1 ranked Walnut grove (According to Tsumaras rankings) goes against #2 ranked Yale

#3 ranked WRCA against #4 ranked dismantlers WJ Mouat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Wow....didn't see Mouat putting that many on Tammy!!! Any details from the game?? Did a lack of experience do Tammy in? Did they cave to the pressure???......any thoughts on the Thursday win-or-go-home games at fleetwood???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Anyone with details of the Tammy / Mouat game?

No surprise to me that Tammy lost. You could see the team going downhill over the last couple of weeks. Dynamics of players on the court may be an issue. I don't think this team has the discipline to contend right now. Lots of talent, but need to control emotions on the court.

Predictions for Thursday;
Tammy over Pitt
GlenEagle over Enver Creek
Fox over Heritage Woods
Tweeds over Sardis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Tweeds over Sardis
Fox over woods
Enver creek over gleneagle
Pitt over Tammy

Enver/Gleneagle could go either way, same as the Pitt/Tammy game......if ALL of Pitt show up, they win....if its just Rich, they lose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm

if ALL of Tammy shows up, Tammy by +20 over Pitt. Pitt was good last year, not this year. They can't compete against top tiered teams. I watched Walnut Grove blow them out by +35.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 pm

That grove game was a while ago.....rich and Marshall have played really well since xmas, particularly Rich, and are carrying Pitt right now....without a doubt, Pitt need help from more than their top 2 to get by Tammy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Watched Whiterock dismantling Enver methodically. No fancy stuff but just pure solid steady dose of offence and defense which Enver could not handle. I wish they play Yale in the semi and the reason is I want to see them how they fare against Yale and also they are the ony top 3 ranked team other than Kits and grove who had not beaten Yale in this season.

Last edited by JLivingston on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 pm

The Valley site has Abby beating Heritage. But a few of the last posts have Heritage winning???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:26 pm

I have been watching enver team since this group won the Grade 8 provincials and during that time, we all thought that this team will be super good in their senior years. It did not pan out the way it was expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Pitt, Fox, Maple Ridge, Gleneagle, Walnut Grove....   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Because of where i live and where my kid goes to school, i have seen many of the Valley teams play since grade 8, those being the current grade 12's....it has been a fun run to see them grow (literally!!) in to the teams they are now...Ridge are no longer on the radar, but Fox/Pitt/Gleneagle and Grove have played some great games this year....Grove are the only team that has been great all year, and continue to play strong.....Gleneagle started hot, but seem to have trailed off, although they are still in the mix for the Valleys....Fox and Pitt have travelled the same path, with terrible Decembers when everyone kicked their butts (the aforementioned Grove beat down of Pitt), to picking it up now....Injuries and inconsistent play hurt them both....now it is do or die for Gleneagle/Fox/Pitt....i honestly see them all making it through, probably with Gleneagle and Pitt having a tougher time, but prevailing in the end.....Grove will be playing for the Fraser Valley Championships....but against who??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

DickVitale2013 wrote:

Mouat has been playing well as of late. Against Tamanawis it was a charged up Mouat squad, led by the Corey/Tristen . A smothering 2 -3 defense. Tamanawis’s offense was completely dismantled. Tamanawis just could not compete on this night against Mouat’s well design game plan. When Mouat plays like that... not sure anybody want to play them! It’s not talent that will hold Mouat back, but rather the mental makeup of this squad! If they believe they can play with the big boys...they can! But it really is that simple with this team... which team will show up Friday is anybody’s guess. Mouat has got to be the scariest/hardest team to figure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

MagicMan wrote:
Anyone with details of the Tammy / Mouat game?

No surprise to me that Tammy lost. You could see the team going downhill over the last couple of weeks. Dynamics of players on the court may be an issue. I don't think this team has the discipline to contend right now. Lots of talent, but need to control emotions on the court.

Predictions for Thursday;
Tammy over Pitt
GlenEagle over Enver Creek
Fox over Heritage Woods
Tweeds over Sardis

Mouats defense was stifling. Tristan Etienne shut down Bains and anybody else who ventured into the post and Tammys outside shots weren't dropping. Held Tammy to 5 points in the first quarter and after Tammy crept to within by halftime which was mostly due to Etienne sitting down due to foul trouble had an even more amazing 3rd quarter by holding them to a mere 3 points...game over. Most of Mouats players had excellent games but thought point guard Hauck was excellent hitting some nice outside shots to go along with important 1st quarter steals. Seems to have matured as a player as the season progressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 pm

I agree Mouat is stepping up their game at the right time and Tammy has showed signs of a youthful team that will be a contender next year. I saw Mouat play Yale and Mouat had the game within 5 points in the 3rd quarter with Etienne sidelined the whole 2nd half with injury. Eventually Yale was too strong and pulled away convincingly, however I was impressed with Mouat's play. They're the biggest team out there and if you're not shooting well they can win a low scoring game against strong competition. In some of their losses including two to Kits, WRCA has struggled playing big men. The question will be whether WRCA can hit from the outside and neutralize Mouat's big men down low. WRCA is the better team from their great play all year, but can this game be a possible bad match-up for WR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: agreed   Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Mouat are a perplexing team, and it probably does come down to their mind set...they certainly have the size and post presence to hang with the best teams, but i think they lack the confidence....great week of ball, kicking off thursday with the do-or-die games, then the semi's on Friday....and to add to my earlier comments, if Pitt get some kind of help from 2-3 other plays other than Marshall/Rich they can beat Tammy...it sounds like Tammy need another year of maturity before they will contend.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Results   Today at 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next