HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeyb

PostSubject: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

** ALL GAMES AT TERRY FOX SECONDARY **

THURSDAY JANUARY 10TH

Game 1: 3:15 PM, WRCA vs. Pitt Meadows
Game 2: 5:00 PM, Kitsilano vs. Gleneagle
Game 3: 6:45 PM, Terry Fox vs. Sardis
Game 4: 8:30 PM, Walnut Grove vs. Van College

FRIDAY JANUARY 11TH

Game 5: 3:15 PM, Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2
Game 6: 5:00 PM, Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4
Game 7: 6:45 PM, Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
Game 8: 8:30 PM, Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4

SATURDAY JANUARY 12TH

Game 9: 7th Place Game, 2:00 PM, Loser Game 5 vs Loser Game 6
Game 10: 5th Place Game, 3:30 PM, Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6
Game 11: 3rd Place Game, 5:15 PM, Loser Game 7 vs Loser Game 8
Game 12: Championship Game, 7:00 PM, Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8

TEAM, ALL STAR AND INDIVIDUAL AWARDS TO BE PRESENTED AFTER THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Good Draw, with some exciting possibilities, a WRCA-Kits rematch of the game they have at Kits on Monday, and a possible meeting for the #1 ranking in BC in Kits vs. Grove in the final, lead up should be interesting if any upsets occur.
Any teams looking like possible spoilers for the likely final?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Good Draw, with some exciting possibilities, a WRCA-Kits rematch of the game they have at Kits on Monday, and a possible meeting for the #1 ranking in BC in Kits vs. Grove in the final, lead up should be interesting if any upsets occur.

This tourney will determine who is number 1 in BC rightnow. I think Wrca will win this time vs Kits. Just gut feeling. Finals absolutely no idea. Too bad Abbotsford Snowball Tournament taking place at the same weekend, if not this tourney would have had 10 teams like every year. I dont understand why Kelowna chose to play abby instead of defending their title at leagle beagle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Ive seen most of the top teams this year and feel very confident when saying that walnut grove is definately the class of the field . The new recruit from Ontario is exactly what the gators needed to put this team in a league of there own , I expect Kits vs Grove final with the better coached gators to win by 10

JLivingston wrote:
JesusShuttlesworth wrote:

This tourney will determine who is number 1 in BC rightnow. I think Wrca will win this time vs Kits. Just gut feeling. Finals absolutely no idea. Too bad Abbotsford Snowball Tournament taking place at the same weekend, if not this tourney would have had 10 teams like every year. I dont understand why Kelowna chose to play abby instead of defending their title at leagle beagle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 pm

And 1 wrote:
Ive seen most of the top teams this year and feel very confident when saying that walnut grove is definately the class of the field . The new recruit from Ontario is exactly what the gators needed to put this team in a league of there own , I expect Kits vs Grove final with the better coached gators to win by 10

We will know who is better in few days and if they dont meet in the finals, wait for a couple of days. Kits is visiting Walnut on next tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:10 pm

JLivingston wrote:
And 1 wrote:

We will know who is better in few days and if they dont meet in the finals, wait for a couple of days. Kits is visiting Walnut on next tuesday.

At the Mouat vs WG yesterday, and I would have to agree # 32 from Ontario was a force all night! Technically sound player and does the little thing very well. Mouat had a definite height advantage but were sorely out rebounded and he was in the middle of that all night. He has quietly become a quiet leader on that team! It will be interesting to see if he can handle big Luka? Mouat competed all night and if they had not turn the ball over twenty times I think people would have been surprised at the outcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 am

FREEZE! THIS IS A THREADJACKING! IM TAKING OVER THIS THREAD AND I AINT LETTING IT GO TILL YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE: http://thefreeworld.forumotion.co
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Yale vs oak bay would be intersting today and if yale gets by and if Mouat gets by kelowna today, then the yale vs mouat will be the game to watch tomorrow at snobball next to potential match up between kits vs whiterock at leagle beagle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:41 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Yale vs oak bay would be intersting today and if yale gets by and if Mouat gets by kelowna today, then the yale vs mouat will be the game to watch tomorrow at snobball next to potential match up between kits vs whiterock at leagle beagle.

OI! DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS A THREADJACKING! IM TAKING OVER THIS THREAD AND I AINT LETTING IT GO TILL YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE: http://thefreeworld.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 pm

where is okanaganball these days? He has got lot of cleaning to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm

JLivingston wrote:
where is okanaganball these days? He has got lot of cleaning to do.
HELLO! DO YOU KNOW THAT I have taken OVER THIS THREAD AND I AINT LETTING IT GO TILL YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE: http://thefreeworld.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Upsets so far:

Kits lost to Gleneagle at Leagle Beagle
Mouat lost to Kelowna at Snowball
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Upsets so far:

Kits lost to Gleneagle at Leagle Beagle
Mouat lost to Kelowna at Snowball

HELLO! DO YOU KNOW THAT I have taken OVER THIS THREAD AND I AINT LETTING IT GO TILL YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE: http://thefreeworld.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Another upset at Leagle beagle;

Sardis lost to host Terry fox
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Another upset at Leagle beagle;

Sardis lost to host Terry fox

Fine, you not care about me? im leaving
Back to top Go down
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 am

2 years ago, at VC Emarald, a big hoo-ha was made against VC fans in their game against Fox. If you had seen Fox fans today against Sardis, it was shocking. Lines were crossed. Boys, your school program is one of the classiest and keep your reputation alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 am

THURSDAY JANUARY 10TH

Game 1: WRCA 88 vs. Pitt Meadows 55
POG Tyus Allen WRCA
Game 2: Kitsilano 67 vs. Gleneagle 72
POG Grant Galbraith Gleneagle
Game 3: Terry Fox 63 vs. Sardis 47
POG Trevor Casey Terry Fox
Game 4: Walnut Grove 82 vs. Van College 65
POG Paul Getz WG

FRIDAY JANUARY 11TH

Game 5: 3:15 PM, Pitt Meadows vs. Kitsilano
Game 6: 5:00 PM, Sardis vs. Van College
Game 7: 6:45 PM, WRCA vs. Gleneagle
Game 8: 8:30 PM, Terry Fox vs. Walnut Grove
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 am

So, I was at the Fox/Sardis game. I was a few rows behind the front row of fans.

Do tell, what was so wrong with the crowd cheering and jumping like crazy when a grade 10 on their team throws one down on a fast break ??

Tell me what the Fox fans have done differently than say Van College ( I say them because you brought it up )... or any school or that matter that has any kind of school spirit ? Would you rather see an excited crowd or a dead crowd ? This isn't golf.

How about the fact that Fox lost to this same Sardis team, in Sardis and got the exact same treatment that Sardis got today ? I wouldn't even call it treatment as I don't think any lines were crossed at all. Chanting "coach is rattled " and "warm up the bus" were very common chants out in Chilliwack and pretty much every high school gym I have been too where there is a big game or tournament.

JLivingston wrote:
2 years ago, at VC Emarald, a big hoo-ha was made against VC fans in their game against Fox. If you had seen Fox fans today against Sardis, it was shocking. Lines were crossed. Boys, your school program is one of the classiest and keep your reputation alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 am

I was trying to say Fox fans were no different than VC fans of then. Clearly you were carried away also by the emotions and chose to see and hear what you wanted. At anyother gym, I don't see fans jumping from sidelines throwing personal before the game and at half time. It is funny you said you were close to front row as well. I can identify few of them as some are alumni. For your sake, I will record and you tube them at today's game. EOD.

mikeyb wrote:
So, I was at the Fox/Sardis game. I was a few rows behind the front row of fans.

Do tell, what was so wrong with the crowd cheering and jumping like crazy when a grade 10 on their team throws one down on a fast break ??

Tell me what the Fox fans have done differently than say Van College ( I say them because you brought it up )... or any school or that matter that has any kind of school spirit ? Would you rather see an excited crowd or a dead crowd ? This isn't golf.

How about the fact that Fox lost to this same Sardis team, in Sardis and got the exact same treatment that Sardis got today ? I wouldn't even call it treatment as I don't think any lines were crossed at all. Chanting "coach is rattled " and "warm up the bus" were very common chants out in Chilliwack and pretty much every high school gym I have been too where there is a big game or tournament.

JLivingston wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Likely outcome:

Game 5: 3:15 PM, Pitt Meadows vs. Kitsilano by 20
Game 6: 5:00 PM, Sardis by 10 vs. Van College. If Gogy plays, then VC takes it.
Game 7: 6:45 PM, WRCA by 15 vs. Gleneagle
Game 8: 8:30 PM, Terry Fox vs. Walnut Grove by 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:32 pm

I will tell you the difference at the VC tourney the VC fans were allowed to stand on the each of the court and put the Fox boys down by name calling the" F - - kin Spindors " etc.literally standing on the court ..Warm up the Bus chants or wheres your banner is fun and great to see from the home fans ..But the trash that went down at VC was across the line .Although last year VC showed class and i expect the same this year ..Fox did play at Sardis and the same chants of " Over rated : etc were thrown at Fox ..All good ..

mikeyb wrote:

JLivingston wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

WRCA by 10 over Gleneagle

Grove by 20 over Fox..Grove is in a cklass of there own this year but as Fox learns there 1 - 3 - 1 it will be closer this time than last time the 2 teams played...It really only matters who wins in mid March ( isnt that right Walnut Grove )

JLivingston wrote:
Likely outcome:

Game 5: 3:15 PM, Pitt Meadows vs. Kitsilano by 20
Game 6: 5:00 PM, Sardis by 10 vs. Van College. If Gogy plays, then VC takes it.
Game 7: 6:45 PM, WRCA by 15 vs. Gleneagle
Game 8: 8:30 PM, Terry Fox vs. Walnut Grove by 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 pm

March is what matters and you are right with that. But can they win in March, not sure as the difference between whiterock, Kits and grove are not much.

I am expecting lot of fan support will rattle the grove and push them into a some kind of funk. Gleneagle is on a roll but wrca is a resilient group and players like Vartan can go on shooting rampage if he gets hot. I was so impressed with his play vs finlay.

And 1 wrote:
WRCA by 10 over Gleneagle

Grove by 20 over Fox..Grove is in a cklass of there own this year but as Fox learns there 1 - 3 - 1 it will be closer this time than last time the 2 teams played...It really only matters who wins in mid March ( isnt that right Walnut Grove )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 pm

"Walnut Grove in a class of their own" And 1 must be part of the Drive hype machine. I have watched WG play and they are a beatable opponent. They can win, but to say they are in a league of their own shows me And 1 is disrespecting Kits, Yale, White Rock, St.George's, Tammanawis and Gleneagle. Three good players (Mayorga, Cohee, Getz), and the quality goes down significantly after that. Yet , they do have some bench options. Not as deep as Kits but there bench will help. I hope we get a chance to see Jadon defend against Tyus Allen because I don't think Jadon can match Tyus's quickness and speed, or Coach Bergen wants no part of that match-up as Jadon would get into foul trouble. If WG does win this year, it will be that there bench stepped up. I think Paul Getz is the key to WG hopes in 2013.

Anyone know what happened in the Gleneagle / Kits game? It is hard to be perfect and stay up for all games as I'm sure Coach Coutts know. We all knew Kits was not good enough to go undefeated this season so a loss was due. I still think the hype around Luka is so high it is a disservice to all other players. He is a low post presence only, that's it. And he can be minimized. He has 2 years of learning at the CIS level before he will be an effective player (other big's in CIS will be able to slow him down). Kits is effective because they are deep and can rotate players into the game.

White Rock has four quality starters (Tyus, Sam, Vartan and Peter) and a stong 2 guard who plays well with this group. I would like it if Yale actually played some quality teams as I think they have played a weak BC schedule so far this season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fullcourtpress90

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Couldn't agree more with Livingston. The Fox players from last year have gone over the line. They fired abusive language at Sardis and WG when they were sitting in stands watching the game and then when they were warming up. It's goon tactics and intimidation. They've taken their derogatory comments to Twitter, Facebook etc. I have a lot of respect for Hanson and his staff, but he needs to reign in his ex-players. Someone eloquently needs to tell them that their championship has gone to their heads and as ex-players they should show respect for the game and Fox program. I suppose the ex-Grove alumni from last year could do the same, but they're too busy playing at the next level.

As far as the crowd is concerned Grove has played in front of large hostile environments including yesterday and faired well like last week when the same Alumni players did their same antics and WG won by 35. It will be no different this time.

The correct score was 82-55 for Grove over VC.

We can debate, assume, theorize all we want but I'm sure all these teams will be in the thick of it in March and then almost anyone can win. Look at Kelowna and Pitt from last year the perennial favourites both going down early. Few except the respective teams had Grove playing Fox in the finals and Fox eventually pulled it out after WG had beaten them 3 times during the year. The experience they gained through their run last year will pay dividends and they'll have Hoffman back from injury by then. White Rock is very solid and resilient, but there challenge will be depth as the barely sub and in a long tough tourney that's going to be an issue. Kits is very good and deep and will bounce back from their loss to Eagle. There is a lot of time between now and March, but there are definitely 5 or so teams that are separating themselves from the pack and who will all have a chance to win it. Let's see what happens tonight, but there's a good chance of a WR and Grove match-up on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw   Today at 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down

24th Annual Legal Beagle Draw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next