HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 am

New Rank,Team,(Current Rank)

1 Yale (2)
2 White Rock Christian Academy (4)
3 Walnut Grove (3)
4 Tamanawis (5)
5 Kitsilano (1)
6 St George's (7)
7 Kelowna (6)
8 Oak Bay (8 )
9 Enver Creek (10)
10 WJ Mouat (HM)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 am

You have to put Terry Fox and Gleneagle in there. Gleneagle beat #1 Kits and Fox beat #9 Sardis and Gleneagle who beat the #1 team. I would only put Kits at 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 am

mikeyb wrote:
You have to put Terry Fox and Gleneagle in there. Gleneagle beat #1 Kits and Fox beat #9 Sardis and Gleneagle who beat the #1 team. I would only put Kits at 4th.

I would put Terry Fox, Gleneagle, Handsworth and Sardis in the Honorable Mention. I agree Fox and Glen have to be recognized for their wins but I wouldn't go top 10 just can't see what teams they jump in front of, from un-ranked to HM would be where I put them.
I agree Kits could go 4 or 5, they are out of top 3 after that loss for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 am

teams go from "NR" to ranked every year. It's not uncommon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:05 am

mikeyb wrote:
teams go from "NR" to ranked every year. It's not uncommon.
Very True.

I just don't see Terry Fox or Gleneagle as top 10 teams.
Gleneagle beat #1 Kits, but lost to two unranked teams in Fox and Pitt, and have previously lost to Mouat and Enver
And I know Fox beat #9 Sardis and Gleneagle this week but they also did lose to Handsworth last week, and have lost to Mouat, (AA)STM, Churchill, VC, and Sardis earlier.

I'd gladly like to hear which teams you would bump from the the 10 for Fox or Gleneagle.

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 am

My only issue with Yale at number 1 is that they have not played any top teams. To date, they have played a weak schedule. They got beat by Kits in their own gym by 8 or 9, then they got lucky to knock off Tammy with a buzzer beater. Have not played Grove or WRCA. Got destroyed in their Xmas tournament in the US, as well as getting beat soundly tonight against Fairfax..
They might be number 1 by default though, but guarantee that won't last long as I think they are a 5-10 team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 am

MagicMan wrote:

My only issue with Yale at number 1 is that they have not played any top teams. To date, they have played a weak schedule. They got beat by Kits in their own gym by 8 or 9, then they got lucky to knock off Tammy with a buzzer beater. Have not played Grove or WRCA. Got destroyed in their Xmas tournament in the US, as well as getting beat soundly tonight against Fairfax..
They might be number 1 by default though, but guarantee that won't last long as I think they are a 5-10 team.

Well let me clear up a couple things for you magic haha Yale beat, Moaut, Kelowna, Tamanawis, and were up on Kits the entire game in double digits before losing. Jauquin did not play in US over Christmas which hurt the team. As far as tonights game against Fairfax ask any of the hundreds of people who watched the game and soundly will not be used to describe the outcome. Yale proved against Fairfax they deserve the num 1 ranking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ramp

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 am

Gleneagle beat #1 Kits, but lost to two unranked teams in Fox and Pitt, and have previously lost to Mouat, Carson Graham, Enver and Byrne Creek

Jesus, you are incorrect Gleneagle beat Pitt as well as Carson Graham and Byrne Creek???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ramp

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 am

Not that rankings matter but the Gleneagle has beat Walnut Grove and now Kits. Yes they lost to Mouat and Enver Creek... this just goes to show how talented this group of Seniors is.... Anyone could come up on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:26 am

ramp wrote:
Gleneagle beat #1 Kits, but lost to two unranked teams in Fox and Pitt, and have previously lost to Mouat, Carson Graham, Enver and Byrne Creek
Jesus, you are incorrect Gleneagle beat Pitt as well as Carson Graham and Byrne Creek???

Thanks for the correction. My mistake, edited above.

ramp wrote:
Not that rankings matter but the Gleneagle has beat Walnut Grove and now Kits. Yes they lost to Mouat and Enver Creek... this just goes to show how talented this group of Seniors is.... Anyone could come up on top.

You are very right on that, no team is a tier ahead of another this year, any team can be beaten on any given night. Should make for an exciting lead up to the LEC. Would love to see a re-match of WG and WRCA for the Provinical title in March
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:26 am

MagicMan wrote:

Now that I had seen all top 5 teams, Yale has no chance to beat Kits, whiterock and Grove. They are just a bubble and should thank for their schedule to remain at top 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 am

JLivingston wrote:
MagicMan wrote:

Now that I had seen all top 5 teams, Yale has no chance to beat Kits, whiterock and Grove. They are just a bubble and should thank for their schedule to remain at top 5.
Well im not getting into a he said she said but yale werent even given a ranking in preseason on this board and by some miracle they will be num 1 i guess Smile. However along the way theyve managed to beat 4 ranked teams so far this year. The games are decided on the court and you can pump up any team you desire but at the end of the day your oponion means nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charliebrown

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:17 am

There are 6 teams that are serious contenders based on there play so far: Kits, WRCA, WG, Tammy, Yale and Oak Bay. Kits lost to Gleneagle and didn't do well in Leagle Beagle, but they were hit with sickness bug. That was there only loss and beat WRCA twice including this week when had whole team. WRCA was best team at Beagle but has 3 losses. Walnut has lost 2, to Gleneagle who they beat later and WRCA in double o/t. WG plays Kits this week and this should be telling in the WR, WG and Kits ranking/landscape. Yale looks good but there schedule has been questionable. They lost to Kits and squeeked by Tammy, but a win is a win. Mouat is hot and cold and has lost lots and Kelowna has not played a enough top teams to see where they are really at. Yales 1 good win was Tammy. WR, WG and Kits have played the toughest schedules. In March there maybe some upsets but there are only clear cut favorites. This is as now. This could all change within the next few weeks.

Last edited by charliebrown on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Two cents   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:00 pm

In my opinion:

1 Kitsilano
2 WRCA
3 Walnut Grove
4 Yale

Don't know the rest of the top teams well enough. Never seen Tamanawis and have not seen their record against top teams. Seems Saints and Kelowna in the mix for top 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 am

1.Kits(beat WRCAx2 & Yale. Lost to GE)
2.WRCA(beat WG. Lost to Kitsx2 & Tamanawis)
3.Yale(beat Tamanawis. Lost to Kits)
4.Tamanawis(beat WRCA. Lost to Yale)
5.WG(lost to WRCA & GE)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Does anyone knows when Yale get to visit ranked teams next 2 weeks? Really want to see them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Does anyone knows when Yale get to visit ranked teams next 2 weeks? Really want to see them.

I know Yale is in the Delta Bill Kushnir Memorial Tourney on Jan. 24-26, Tamanawis is also in the tourney, so a possible Finals matchup between the two.
Also Yale plays @ Sardis on Jan 24th in league play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
JLivingston wrote:

I know Yale is in the Delta Bill Kushnir Memorial Tourney on Jan. 24-26, Tamanawis is also in the tourney, so a possible Finals matchup between the two.
Also Yale plays @ Sardis on Jan 24th in league play.
Do they play kits, Wrca or grove anytime next 2 weeks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

JLivingston wrote:

I believe Yale has no more exhibition games scheduled aside from the Delta tourney, which is the same week WRCA and Grove are at the Emerald Tourney at VC, and Kits is at the Killarney tourney.
Does seem like a rather weak schedule to finish off the season, but we'll see where it takes them come March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 am

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
JLivingston wrote:

I believe Yale has no more exhibition games scheduled aside from the Delta tourney, which is the same week WRCA and Grove are at the Emerald Tourney at VC, and Kits is at the Killarney tourney.
Does seem like a rather weak schedule to finish off the season, but we'll see where it takes them come March.

I know Churchill, kits, Grove and Kelowna are going to be in the Western Canada tournament Kelowna. Kits @ grove tomorrow and Wrca vs tamanawis at RCMP on saturday are the 2 can't miss games for this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 am

JLivingston wrote:

I know Churchill, kits, Grove and Kelowna are going to be in the Western Canada tournament Kelowna. Kits @ grove tomorrow and Wrca vs tamanawis at RCMP on saturday are the 2 can't miss games for this week.

Kits and Grove will be a good game. But WRCA and Tammy, we can hope for that match-up Saturday but as we saw at the Beagle upsets happen, Enver or Tweeds could be possible spoilers to the expected Surrey final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 am

I would put Kit #4 but as much as i like Fox there not there yet.. There coming but will be in a dog fight to get into the top 7 or 8

mikeyb wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 am

Hey And1. Now, I think Walnut Grove has as good a chance as any team in BC to win Provincials. Yet, you have posted a few times before that WG is in a "League of there own" this year. Would you now agree that there are 5 or 6 teams in that league along with WG. It is going to be close and WG will need to work hard to win. Going to be fun to watch how things go the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancouverbasketball

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Churchill? I think they were ranked 4th in the province coming in but haven't heard anything besides them losing to teams??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 pm

MagicMan wrote:
Hey And1. Now, I think Walnut Grove has as good a chance as any team in BC to win Provincials. Yet, you have posted a few times before that WG is in a "League of there own" this year. Would you now agree that there are 5 or 6 teams in that league along with WG. It is going to be close and WG will need to work hard to win. Going to be fun to watch how things go the rest of the season.

Magic Man i still think that Grove is at the top of the list but do think they can be beat ..obviously the Beagle showed that .. i think after such a devastating loss last year at the Provincials its been a tough road back for the Gators....WRCA played a great game and yes its obvious that Grove can be beat but to beat Grove teams must bring there " A " game and thats tough to do each and every night. Grove can beat almost anyone with their " B " game

I do worry watching the Gators that Bergen may burn this group out before the Provincials as if you look in the Past that exactly happened to Kelowna the past 2 years . To many games , to much travelling can kill down the road

I just wanted to add that i am not a Grove fan by any means but do watch alot of games and have followed the top teams the past few years but i am excited to see that there are a couple teams out there to compete with the big boys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Today at 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next