HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 pm

vancouverbasketball wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Churchill? I think they were ranked 4th in the province coming in but haven't heard anything besides them losing to teams??

Yes I thought Churchill would be a Top 10 this year, they've so far lost to VC at the Telus, and back to back losses to Claremont and Bby South at the Bby Mtn Tourney. From what I watched the Bby Mtn Tourney, Churchill breaks down to Mindy Minhas and the rest, he put up almost 50 pts against Claremont and still Churchill loss the game. Same goes for theie loss to Bby South, Offense was basically give the ball to Mindy and clear out, otherwise Churchill couldn't get any other players going. Can't win games against good teams let alone Top 10 teams with one player, even one as good as Mindy is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:15 pm

I think you will see that Churchill will be in the mix by the end of the year. They have been absolutely devastated by injuries this year but if they all get healthy they can make a run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancouverswish12

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am

WRC 1
Grove 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 am

vancouverswish12 wrote:
WRC 1
Grove 2

Crazy week of ball, Kits beats WRCA, WRCA beats Grove, and Grove beats Kits.
Can someone say, Parody?, On any given night its any teams game to take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 am

Kits beats wrca on their home court. Grove beats Kits on their home court. WRCA wins a thriller on neutral site. Kits beats Yale at Yale.

Home court is an advantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 am

MagicMan wrote:
Kits beats wrca on their home court. Grove beats Kits on their home court. WRCA wins a thriller on neutral site. Kits beats Yale at Yale.

Home court is an advantage.

And Tamanawis beat WRCA at WRCA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charliebrown

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:18 am

Walnut Grove beating Kits tonight changes the whole picture. In the same week Kits beat WRCA then WRCA beats Grove then Grove beats Kits and Yale played who? Again WR and WG might meet in Van College's tourney final. There are some other good teams in there like Kelowna, Oak Bay, Fox, Pitt and #1 AA SMU from the Island. Someones going to lose and Yale is going to keep sailing playing who?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancouverbasketball

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 am

its a good point. At some point Yale's schedule will come into factor with their rankings and will cost them down the road not playing any challenging games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charliebrown

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 am

It's great that these programs aren't ducking each other. Good on the coaches scheduling games. WRCA went to Kits, Kits went to Grove.makes for some exciting ball. They'll all know ech other pretty well come March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 am

mikeyb wrote:
You have to put Terry Fox and Gleneagle in there. Gleneagle beat #1 Kits and Fox beat #9 Sardis and Gleneagle who beat the #1 team. I would only put Kits at 4th.

Terry Fox loss to unranked Heritage Woods last nite, don't see how they break the top ten now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: my picks   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

1 Grove
2 WRCA
3 Kits
4 Yale
5 Tamanawis
6 Saints
7 Kelowna
8 Oak Bay
9 Mouat
10 (tie) VC
10 (tie) Glen Eagle

Top three continue to challenge each other. Grove seems to be the class, but very little separating top three. Riding with Tamanawis at 5 but have not seen them play - record indicates they are deserving. GE beat two number ones, deserve top ten - can beat anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm

1.Yale
2.Tamanawis
3. WRCA
4.Grove
5.Kits
6 Saints
7 Kelowna
8 Oak Bay and Churchill (Tie)
9 Mouat
10.Gleneagle

a) If Tamanawis wins RCMP this weekend, they get to remain at 2 followed by as above.
b) If WRCA wins RCMP, they get to the top spot at number 1. followed by Yale,Tamanawis.Grove and Kits
c) If Tamanawis wins both RCMP and Delta tournament, they go to number 1 followed by WRCA, Grove, Kits and Yale.
d) If Yale loses in the Delta tourney, they fall to number 5. In that case, Tamanawis, WRCA, Grove, Kits and Yale.

I tried my best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Its fun to assess the rankings. Everyone agrees it will come down to who gets hot (and some luck) at the right time. I think 8 teams can win it all as all teams have shown that they are "beatable"

Sukhot Bains (Tammy) IS the most under-rated Grade 11 player in BC. As a Gr 10 he started last year on a very strong Tammy squad). This year he is the go to man and can score taking it to the hoop OR hitting the long 3. He might be the BEST grade 11 player in the province. For sure the best that nobody has heard of. At least 6'5". , may be 6'6".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Bains   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Gosh ... I am pretty sure most people have heard of Sukhot Bains ... all the people I talk to are pretty aware of him and how good he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Until Yale loses to a Canadian AAA team, they will remain #1. You can't take them off of 31 because of "lack of a tough schedule". In 99/00, Richmond was pre-ranked #1 and stayed at #1 because teams refused to play them (boycotted).

1. Yale
2. WRCA
3. Walnut Grove
4. Kitsilano
5. Tamanawis
6. St. George's
7. Kelowna
8. Oak Bay
T9. WJ Mouat
T9. Enver Creek
10. Gleneagle

HM: Elgin Park, Handsworth, Sardis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Curious   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Heh Mike ...

Just curious. I have not seen Elgin mentioned at any time since maybe summer time frame. Have you seen them recently ... you mention them as an HM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Yale lost to Kitsilano 89-81. Yale is clearly a top team, but schedule has not been strong.

mikeyb wrote:
Until Yale loses to a Canadian AAA team, they will remain #1. You can't take them off of 31 because of "lack of a tough schedule". In 99/00, Richmond was pre-ranked #1 and stayed at #1 because teams refused to play them (boycotted).

1. Yale
2. WRCA
3. Walnut Grove
4. Kitsilano
5. Tamanawis
6. St. George's
7. Kelowna
8. Oak Bay
T9. WJ Mouat
T9. Enver Creek
10. Gleneagle

HM: Elgin Park, Handsworth, Sardis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
Heh Mike ...

Just curious. I have not seen Elgin mentioned at any time since maybe summer time frame. Have you seen them recently ... you mention them as an HM.

I had Elgin in my pre ranked top 15 and kinda got ripped for it.

They returned 4 starters from last years team and I believe their only loss so far is to WRCA by 12. They have beaten South Kam and just recently, Fleetwood who are good AAA teams.

I am going to check out Elgin/Tamanawis today. It will be my first time seeing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charliebrown

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Not a bad top 10 Mike. Didn't Yale lose to Kits? What are some big games coming up? Possible clash between Tammy and WRCA on Saturday at Surrey tourney. Mouat vs Grove Thursday. If Yale doesn't play any competitive games doesn't it not effect their seeding going into the Fraser Valley playoffs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCballer2011

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Mark Scott wrote:
1 Grove
2 WRCA
3 Kits
4 Yale
5 Tamanawis
6 Saints
7 Kelowna
8 Oak Bay
9 Mouat
10 (tie) VC
10 (tie) Glen Eagle

Top three continue to challenge each other. Grove seems to be the class, but very little separating top three. Riding with Tamanawis at 5 but have not seen them play - record indicates they are deserving. GE beat two number ones, deserve top ten - can beat anyone.

Don't mean this to sound like i have a hate on for Kits, but no way are they number 3!!! I have watched this particular team for years and they do great against smaller teams, banging away Luca...but any team with size can challenge them...look at the game against Pitt @ the Beagle...Pitts big centre (Rich) handles Luca, and the only reason Pitt lose it that Rich fouled out...on some bogus cals aswell, but perhaps another thread for the state of officating???...talkin of "unranked" Pitt, didn't they destroy Van College at the Beagle also? not sure how that gets VC #10...Back to Kits, all you have to do is make Luca run and move laterally.....to end, i'll just say that teams need to challenge themselves by playing tough opponents (Yale??) and improving....you need to be hot and injury free to make a run at the provincials and anyone who thinks these rankings are anything other than smoke should look at last years provincials, when the 1 and 2 seeds (Kelowna and Pitt) lost games early, finishing 5th and 7th (i think)...i have only seenTammy play once this year, but they looked good, with Bains (the grade 11) being the clear leader.....no doubt in my mind that the Provincial winner will again come from east of Coquitlam, with Gleneagle, Grove and WRCA looking like the teams to beat!!! May the best team win!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:52 pm

SENIOR BOYS
TRIPLE A
THE PROVINCE’S BIG 10
(records, ranking reflect games played Jan. 9-15 against B.C. competition)
1. Yale Lions (Abbotsford) (11-1) (LW-2)
2. White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) (14-3) (4)
3. Walnut Grove Gators (Langley) (14-2) (3)
4. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) (14-2) (1)
5. Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey) (16-2) (5)
6. Oak Bay Bays (Victoria) (13-2) (8 )
7. St. George’s Saints (Vancouver) (6-4) (7)
8. Kelowna Owls (10-5) (6)
9. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (14-8 ) (HM)
10. (tie) Handsworth Royals (North Vancouver) (14-1) (HM)
10. (tie) Enver Creek Cougars (Surrey) (17-1) (10-tie)
HONOURABLE MENTION (in order)
Gleneagle Talons (10-6) (NR)
Sardis Falcons (Chillwack) (12-4) (9)
Claremont Spartans (Victoria) (14-3) (HM)
Pitt Meadows Marauders (7-9) (NR)
Delta Pacers (9-8 ) (NR)
(by Howard Tsumura)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Predictions for new top 10 (week of Jan 13)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2