HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A Girls Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 am

JD,
Results from 1st round??
Anyone about Rose Tournament games this evening?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
withoutapause

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:55 pm

LOL, its funny how Jdeeds is allowed to blatantly tell the truth about his recruiting practices in plain sight and so many people come to his rescue. Lets face it Jdeeds violated the rules of the ASAA. They barred the player from practicing with his team an he in plain day light takes the kid out of the country and plays her as if to say fu%& off ASAA. The unfair thing is that he has been allowed to do this without ANY form of punishment so what type of president is the ASAA setting? If I am a current coach in Alberta I would be using the same tactics and waiting for the ASAA to say ANYTHING to me because I would threaten to take a strip from them legally. Fullerton got suspended for taking a kid to a tournament within Canada. Jdeeds gets a pat on his back or a turn of the cheek for doing the same thingexcept out of the nation, even AFTER being warned NOT to do so by the ASAA.

Black Oak comes out of the blue defending this cheater in his first post. I smell a rat. As a matter of fact I smell a huge rat that stands at about 6'1 and approximately 113-136 kilograms in weight Shocked

TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS, WHAT A JOKE Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am

I'm slightly taller and working hard to lose weight..but hey, I like my snacks.. As for other half-wit comments, the ASAA did not ignore what occurred - the issue was dealt with appropriately according to what ACTUALLY transpired and everyone has moved on. Obviously "withoutapause" has actually paused, and is stuck in the past.
Tournament updates and my apologies for not posting earlier.. lots of upsets.
Miles Mac (Manitoba #3 for 4A) lost by 1 to Bishop Carroll in opening game
Chestermere (minus their U15 prov team player post) lost by 9 to Grand Prairie and then again to MCHS (minus Aimee Wilson)
Other first round winners;
SACHS
Edwin Parr
St FX
Edm Christian
BOB (who got a good fight from Wetaskiwin who is HM in 3A)
James Mahoney (Saskatoon)

2nd round
SACHS over Edwin Parr (#4 3A)
Bishop Carroll over St. FX
Grand Prairie over Edmonton Christian
BOB over James Mahoney

3rd round
SACHS over Bishop Carroll
BOB over Grand Prairie

Consolation final - Bowness vs Miles Mac
7th / 8th - St. FX vs EC
3rd - Bishop Carroll vs Grand Prairie
championship - BOB vs SACHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Tournament update:
Edmonton christian beats FX by about 4
Grand Prairie beats Bishop Carroll for 3rd
SACHS beats Bishop O'Byrne 86-82 in OT (tied @ 74). Great final. BOB hit 12 3s agagainst an array of defenses we threw @ them. Tied @ half @ 34, tied @ start of 4th. Great character win against a very good BOB team. Rest time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:54 pm

New Girls Rankings:
1. BOB
2. Chinook
3. Cardston
4. Aberhart
5. SWC
6. ABJ
7. Catholic Central
8. Raymond
9. Centennial
10. Spruce Grove
HM. HA,OL,St.Marys,Western,Foothills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Oak

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 pm

withoutapause wrote:
LOL, its funny how Jdeeds is allowed to blatantly tell the truth about his recruiting practices in plain sight and so many people come to his rescue. Lets face it Jdeeds violated the rules of the ASAA. They barred the player from practicing with his team an he in plain day light takes the kid out of the country and plays her as if to say fu%& off ASAA. The unfair thing is that he has been allowed to do this without ANY form of punishment so what type of president is the ASAA setting? If I am a current coach in Alberta I would be using the same tactics and waiting for the ASAA to say ANYTHING to me because I would threaten to take a strip from them legally. Fullerton got suspended for taking a kid to a tournament within Canada. Jdeeds gets a pat on his back or a turn of the cheek for doing the same thingexcept out of the nation, even AFTER being warned NOT to do so by the ASAA.

Black Oak comes out of the blue defending this cheater in his first post. I smell a rat. As a matter of fact I smell a huge rat that stands at about 6'1 and approximately 113-136 kilograms in weight Shocked

TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS, WHAT A JOKE Arrow

Withoutapause, If you read my post again you would see that I am not "Defending a cheater", I was stating that if you would like to publicly accuse a man of being a cheat, then don't do it on a thread that is about rankings. I also suggested that you have the courage to state your real name before sending out those accusations. We live in a free society where you are innocent unless proven guilty, so it may be prudent to take your charges to the appropriate governing body for such matters, not on a forum where we all enjoy reading about a sport and playfully guess at and discuss the scenarios and results. These is no room for slander from behind a black curtain here, please stay on track. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nash10

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 am

Some interesting movement in the girls 4A rankings. Does anyone know what happened at the Rose Tournament last weekend? The results must have had some bearing on the ranking for some teams to have moved the way they did. Which teams/players stood out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bballdad

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Interesting that BOB remains at #1 after losing to a 3A team.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballcalgary

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm

BOB is ranked #2
4A,3A, even 2A.... the size of school doesnt metter its the strength of the team you won or lost to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop watcher

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Looks like a new number 1 in the final rankings. Chinook lost to a 1a team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballcalgary

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Obyrne also lost on Thursday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Rankers look at a lot factors - strength of schedule, head to head vs teams within top 15 or at least their size category etc. and it is very difficult especially with so many teams losing to each other one week, then rebounding the next. I know for 3A, we play McCoy next friday as part of the Spruce Grove Panther Classic - I anticipate this to be a great game. We don't have a ton of common opponents so it will be interesting to see where both teams are at. Spruce Grove is also playing Cardston first game as Coach Oldham is never one to shy away from tough games (even though he lost another player to ACL - that's 2 this season) and where better a place to play a top team within the 4A division that at home.
Chestermere dropped a lot for 3A moreso due to their losses to MCHS and WETaskiwin than their loss to Grand Prairie (a 4A school). We also know they are decimated by injuries at the moment and will have an impact by the end of the season once those injuries heal - however we have to examine what has occurred during the ranking period.
For the 4A girls, I know that BOB losing to us has less significance than losing to Centennial or William Aberhart (which they did) - thus the reason for their drop. You also cannot "overrule" a rankers regional choices - so although I might think BOB and Winston Churchill might be the top 2 Calgary teams, if the Calgary rankers have BOB, Centennial, WAber and then SWC as their choices for their region, once we input teams into exnet, the program assigns values based on point system to come out with the top 10 (I hope that makes sense). SOMETIMES, there is consensus so that all rankers put in teams in identical spots - this usually is the result of a lot of emails and discussions during the week about how teams have played etc.
Stirling a 1A school beat Chinook I believe which just goes to show that anything is possible when playing a game, where refs, location, and the regular emotional roller-coaster that is a high school student, can come into play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 am

Panther Classic update:
SACHS 70 McCoy 56
Churchill over Bev Facey 67-30
Spruce Grove defeats Cardston with a gutsy performance 72-57
ABJ handles Chestermere by 23

Semi finals
SWC vs SACHS
Spruce Grove vs ABJ

Backside is;
Cardston vs Chestermere
McCoy vs Bev Facey

I have to compliment Coach Oldham's team and their gutsy performance - they are already down 2 starters with ACL injuries along with a very good grade 10 girl who has yet to suit up and they are beating teams in the top 10 in 4A starting 2-3 grade 10s who are learning as they go!
As for our game, it was very physical and we may have lost a player to a knee injury after getting bent backwards on a jump ball tie-up. Hopefully we can give SWC a run tomorrow with our remaining 8 players Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach-Anstice

PostSubject: Spruce Grove Update   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 am

Semi Finals: SWC beats undefeated St.Albert in Over-time to advance to the Final. In the other Semi Final my kids the Jordan Scots hit a shot at the Buzzer to beat the host Spruce Grove Panthers in a hard fought game.
3rd place game - St.Albert beats Spruce Grove by about 10 to take 3rd place.
Final - SWC #5 vs ABJ #7, the Bull Dogs played a tough opening half and were up 26-16 over the Jordan Scots. My Scots re-grouped and played with some real heart and character in the 2nd half, we made it close and even had our chance to win, but in the end fell short and lost by one. It was an exciting finish for everyone in attendance, the kids on both teams played real hard. Final Score 57-56 SWC over the Jordan Scots.
Another good tournament run by Dave Oldham and gang out in Spruce Grove.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coogarsrule

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 am

Chinook and Cardston play for the league championship in Cardston and Chinook takes them by 26? Kind of makes you think Cardston is not for real. Didn't go to the game but my guess is Cardston was outplayed, and out coached. Chinook is definately the class team of the south. Wasn't sure after the loss to us but I heard their best player was ill and then this weekend they go out and beat CCH and cardston handily. Raymond deserves to be ranked ahead of CCH and Cardston for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:39 pm

FYI - some Edmonton area updates

Edmonton Public Premier Champion - Harry Ainley, who defeated Spruce Grove
Edmonton Metro Premier Champion - SACHS who defeated ABJ

HA / ABJ automatically qualify for 4A provincials - they will play each other for seeding purposes

Spruce Grove will play the loser of Oleary/Bev (#3 Metro) while the winner will play #3 Edmonton Public (loser of JP/Scona)

The loser of HA/ABJ will also play the winner between Spruce Grove vs OL/BF to determine the #2 and #3 seeds from Edmonton

Confusing.. a bit.

SACHS will play in the 3A zone tournament starting on tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GT3

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 pm

New Girls Rankings

1.Sir Winston Churchill
2.Chinook
3.Centennial
4Cardston
5.St.Marys
6.Raymond
7.Archbishop Jordan
8.William Aberhart
9.Bishop O'Byrne
10.Harry Ainlay

HMs
O'Leary
Bev Facey
Catholic Central
Spruce Grove
Western Canada

We got a new #1, Why did BOB drop so far? Big jumps for Centennial, St. Marys, and Raymond! Havent seen BOB or Centennial play this year but I've seen St. Marys and Raymond, and why is St. Marys so high? they have a couple good shooters but thats about it...
But i do agree with Sir Winston Churchill being ranked #1! They are a solid team, some good shooters, good point guard and a big girl down low. Should be a exciting couple of weeks for Basketball!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coogarsrule

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am

South Zone Report:

went out yesterday to catch the Raymond/ Cardston tilt. Cardston won with a few scares from the Comets but the real story was Sunder West. She played amazing and must of had 80% of the points. Raymond just could not get over the hump and Carston hit some timely shots to keep them at a distance. West is quite an athlete but she was by herself much of the game.

I stuck arond for the Catholic Central/ Chinook game and thought for a half that CCH was going to win but Kacey Bosch decided to beat them by herself in the second half. She must have had 30 in the second half and been about 12 for 12 from the line as CCH hacked her up at every turn. CCh coach had a brutal technical foul that really seemed to take out of his team. I have always been a Sunder fan but the Bosch kid has to be the best in the province. Have not seen much of her but...wow. After the game I heard she is going Div 1 in the states. Not surprising at all.

Third place today has cch and Raymond and the final has Cardston and Chinook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coogarsrule

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Girls 4A south Zone.

Chinook beat Cardston by 4 in the final. Cardston led much of the way but is not as talented a team as Chinook. Moncks played well and Bosch was her steady self. Interesting thing about Chinook I learned is that they are all in Grade 10 and 11. They only have 2 grade 12s and neither play significant roles. Both these teams are off to Provincials and I think any one who faces them will be tested. Cardston will beat you up but wll not compete at a high leavel if the refs call a basketball game and Chinook will run you into the ground.

In the 3rd place game Raymond beat Catholic Central by 3 in a game that cch led for all but the last ten seconds. Raymond once again was the Sunder west show. She plays a raw style but she is an athlete of the sort you rarely see. I was dissapointed with CCH but they seem to have forgot how to play for each other and they certainly forgot how to win at the end of the year. At least the coach did not cost them the game with another ill timed technical.

Good luck to all at prov. I would love to be there but the boss says I must work.

Any other Zones to report?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 4A Girls Rankings   Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Edmonton 4A
1 - Harry Ainley
2 - SBJ
3 - Oleary
4 - Spruce Grove

Edmonton 3A
1 - SACHS