HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Conference Predictions Boys A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Conference Predictions Boys A   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 pm

How does everyone see the Conferences finishing?

Here are my predictions

North
Stanley
ECB
Dalhousie
CNBA/Blackville(most likely decided when they play a second time)

East
Caledonia
Belleisle
Cambridge Narrows
Minto

South
Harvey
Mcadam
Campobello
Grand Manan(no pothier, if he's back prob 3)

West
Hartland
Devon Park
Take your pick

Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 am

Where are we at now?
The East is basically set:
1. CRHS
2. BRHS
3. CNCS
4. PRS

North pretty much comes down to the wire for top spot:
1. SHS
2. DRHS
3. ECB
4. CNBA

West is basically set?:
1. HCS
2. DPCS
3. CHS
4. NSHS?

South still has a lot to decide:
1. HHS
2. GMCS
3. MHS
4. CICS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Project-Alice

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Question: What are the chances that DPCS can even make it a close game tonight against Hartland? Huskies DEMOLISHED them last time and it looks like they are fairly certin to be in the big Station this year.

Last edited by Project-Alice on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Project-Alice

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Also, if Pothier comes back, GM has a good shot at meeting the Huskies in the finals. That boy is possibly the best player in A this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Well I agree that the Breakers are much stronger with Pothier shooting the ball. I have not seen Hartland play this season but I have watched the scores from their games as they were passed around.

I am a little surprised that Caledonia gets very little respect from the group. They have been the team that has worked Hartland the hardest (Outside of Harvey 1-1 split). I was in the stands in Fredericton last year when McAdam showed what experience in the post season is worth.

There seems to be a lot riding on the shoulders of this young Hartland team and you only have to look back at some posts from last year where certain teams were 'Guaranteed" a banner.

I think there are 6 teams that can legitimately play in the Finals

GM, Harvey, McAdam, Caladonia, Hartland and DPCS.

A few games yet to play in the south to define seedings this week.
Back to top Go down
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 pm

That in my opinion is a very accurate picture of the landscape in A. And perhaps the reason Caledonia doesn't get noticed is because they are even younger than Hartland 2 in 11 2 in 10 and one in 9 starting most games. They can run hartland right to the end of the game or lose by 50. If the right team shows up they can contend with any of the previously mentioned teams. A lot of these boys have won when they were younger so we shall see if they still know how.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShaqAttack

PostSubject: Hartland Girls vs DPCS    Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Hartland girls need to win tonight against DP to move into the playoffs. Lose and their season is over. Anyone think DP can beat them? Don't hear anyone talking about them going into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

I was at DP Girls tournament a few weeks ago when they beat our girls by 4. DP girls win in Hartland by 30+. Good young team however not really sure how far they can go.
Back to top Go down
ShaqAttack

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Don't really know a lot about the DP girls. Scores seem to indicate that they can play with most teams but they don't get mentioned in the rankings. Just wondering if people don't know much about them or don't want to give credit to the 'little' school. If I recall it took the boys a few years to get recogintion even when they were much better than they are now. The boys have a great coach in JM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
observer

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 am

Devon Park girls are are a fairly talented team that always works heard. They are very young, with key players in grades 8, 9, and 10. Not sure how far they can go this year, but they will certainly be a contender going forward
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19 am

Big games coming up on the weeekend for the boys in the south. Harvey plays in Grand Manan tomorrow and McAdam on Sunday. These two games will decide rankings 1-3 and could be anyones games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Big games coming up on the weeekend for the boys in the south. Harvey plays in Grand Manan tomorrow and McAdam on Sunday. These two games will decide rankings 1-3 and could be anyones games.

Likewise in the North. Stanley travels to Dalhousie to see who hosts the North/East Regionals. Hopefully somebody will post the results quickly so we will know where that Regional will take place. Dalhousie needs to win by 18, I believe. I've heard that Dalhousie were short staffed when they played the first time so who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 pm

T-Ball wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

Likewise in the North. Stanley travels to Dalhousie to see who hosts the North/East Regionals. Hopefully somebody will post the results quickly so we will know where that Regional will take place. Dalhousie needs to win by 18, I believe. I've heard that Dalhousie were short staffed when they played the first time so who knows?

Dalhousie, Stanley score anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:43 pm

C-N '06-'09 wrote:
T-Ball wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

Dalhousie, Stanley score anyone?

And just as I say that it gets posted...65-64 Dal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Dalhousie won but not by enough.
DRHS 65 - Stanley 64
North East A Regional will be in Stanley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Harvey boys over Grand Manan 76-66 in GM........looks like Harvey will host regionals.....finish up the schedule against McAdam tomorrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Unless Harvey loses to McAdam tomorrow by 35 or so (not going to happen) the Southwest Boys matchups in Harvey as I understand it will be as follows

1pm Harvey vs JC/Nackawick
3pm Dp vs GM
5pm Hartland vs Campo
7pm McAdam vs Cantebury
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 pm

39forever wrote:
Unless Harvey loses to McAdam tomorrow by 35 or so (not going to happen) the Southwest Boys matchups in Harvey as I understand it will be as follows

3pm Dp vs GM
5pm Hartland vs Campo
7pm McAdam vs Cantebury

NE Regional looks like this:

1pm Stanley vs. Petitcodiac
3pm Belleisle vs. ECB
5pm Caledonia vs. Blackville(?)
7pm Dalhousie vs. Cambridge-Narrows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:22 pm

39forever wrote:

3pm Dp vs GM
5pm Hartland vs Campo
7pm McAdam vs Cantebury

looks like that Harvey will go in as #1 seed in the south and host with a 34 point win over McAdam......any word on the Nackawic / JC game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 am

So what's everyone's prediction on these southwest regionals.....what are the seedings going to look like going into sectionals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am

The best game on Friday in Harvey, Should be between DevonPark and Grand Manan.....one hell of a 1st round match-up. One and your done for someone......Should be a very intense pressure packed game. I'll pick the BREAKERS in a close game.
Harvey vs.JC/Nackawic.......You could put both teams JC and Nackawic together and they still would'nt have a shot. LAKERS win easily.
Canterbury vs. McAdam.....McAdam should win but they have not played well coming down the stretch. WARRIORS win in a close game.
Hartland vs. Campobello....Hartland is too big, too fast and too athletic for Campo. HUSKIES win easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
The best game on Friday in Harvey, Should be between DevonPark and Grand Manan.....one hell of a 1st round match-up. One and your done for someone......Should be a very intense pressure packed game. I'll pick the BREAKERS in a close game.
Harvey vs.JC/Nackawic.......You could put both teams JC and Nackawic together and they still would'nt have a shot. LAKERS win easily.
Canterbury vs. McAdam.....McAdam should win but they have not played well coming down the stretch. WARRIORS win in a close game.
Hartland vs. Campobello....Hartland is too big, too fast and too athletic for Campo. HUSKIES win easily.

I agree with all this but I am much more curious on the outcome on Saturday?....looks liike we will se GM and Harvey play in the 1st game which could be anybody's race! Hartland will likely take care of McAdam so we will see Hartland vs Harvey/GM in the final?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller20

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Nackawic over John Caldwell 61-57. Their reward for beating JCS.. playing harvey in front of their school on Friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conference Predictions Boys A   Today at 3:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Conference Predictions Boys A
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1