HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MagicMan

PostSubject: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Not sure if 7 or 8 teams from the Valley will go to Provincials this year. Last year, it was 7.

Let's assume it is 7 again, who are the top 7 teams in the Valley this year. As usual, it will be a dog fight to get into Provincials. Last year, Valley teams dominated Fraser Valleys with a WG vs Fox final, and 3 out of 4 in the semi-finals (add WRCA who also lost to Fox).

As of today's rankings, and lots can change.

1. Yale
2. WRCA
3. Walnut Grove
4. Tammy

The next three spots are Pick ems, and will be a real fight come PROVINCIALS. I don't even think we can rank them.

Mouat - most baffling team in BC. I have not seen them play this year but WG keeps blowing them out. Are they battling injuries? For them to win, Tristan needs to score 25-30 per game and not sure if he has the offensive game to do that.

Enver Creek
Gleneagle
Sardis
Pitt Meadows
Delta
Elgin
Terry Fox

7 good teams for three spots, assuming the top 4 pull through in whatever ranking they finish by mid-February.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Yes as is usually every year the Valley is as strong as ever, I agree with the top four (Yale, WRCA, Walnut Grove, Tamanawis) making it through and the last three spots are a pick-em.

But I would personally would pick Gleneagle, Sardis and Tweedsmuir for the last three spots.

Gleneagle has a talented crop of young kids(Gr.10-11's), great guard play(Cordell Parker, Brendan Bailey and Tarik Scott), a real good 6'9" big man(Grant Galbraith) and Do-it-all swingman(Denver Sparks-Guest)
Getting a consistent effort will be key for them as they are a young inexperienced group.

Sardis has shown throughout the season to be a tough talented team, they have surprised some in staying ranked this season, and are bolstered by 6'7" big man Hayden Lejeune who as threat from anywhere on the court.

Lord Tweedsmuir is my spoiler, they have a team who scores in bunches, not the tallest or most defensive team around but offensively they have two players(Pavan Lehal and Paarus Sahi) who can put up 30 a piece on you on any given night.

My FV predictions
1.Walnut Grove
2.Yale
3.WRCA
4.Tammy
5.Gleneagle
6.Sardis
7.Lord Tweedsmuir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Both good lists. I think the top four have established themselves but there are a group of 6 or 7 that you have both mentioned that could give those teams a real battle on a given night. I would also add a 3rd group of teams that probably couldn't beat the top 4 but could definitely beat the next group on the right night. Amongst those would be: Abby, Mei, Heritage Woods and there are others.

The beauty of the playoffs is that it isn't a 5 or 7 game series where the better team often emerges, it's a 1 game sudden death and the "better" team on paper often comes up short.

Love playoff hoops and I hope the valley gets 8 berths
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 am

If I did my math right and berths are based on numbers with the exception of the northern parts of BC. My count might be off but it looks like 101 teams with 43 in the Fraser Valley which should give the Valley 8.5 berths it gets rounded down to 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Top 4 Not in any order
Tamanawis, WRCA, Walnut Grove, Yale are locks

5-15 Not in any order

Gleneagle
North Delta- Flying under the radar a little bit, were ranked after the provincials last year and beat gleneagle at the pitt tourney
WJ Mouat
Lord Tweedsmuir
Enver Creek
Sardis
Pitt Meadows
Abby Senior
Terry Fox
Delta
MEI

then its a bunch of teams capable of pulling upsets but wont be contending for the 7/8 spots.
Elgin, Fleetwood, Panorama, Seaquam, Pinetree, Heritage, North Surrey, QE, Fraser Heights, Centennial, Maple Ridge
Back to top Go down
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 pm

MagicMan wrote:
Not sure if 7 or 8 teams from the Valley will go to Provincials this year. Last year, it was 7.

Let's assume it is 7 again, who are the top 7 teams in the Valley this year. As usual, it will be a dog fight to get into Provincials. Last year, Valley teams dominated Fraser Valleys with a WG vs Fox final, and 3 out of 4 in the semi-finals (add WRCA who also lost to Fox).

As of today's rankings, and lots can change.

1. Yale
2. WRCA
3. Walnut Grove
4. Tammy

The next three spots are Pick ems, and will be a real fight come PROVINCIALS. I don't even think we can rank them.

Mouat - most baffling team in BC. I have not seen them play this year but WG keeps blowing them out. Are they battling injuries? For them to win, Tristan needs to score 25-30 per game and not sure if he has the offensive game to do that.

Enver Creek
Gleneagle
Sardis
Pitt Meadows
Delta
Elgin
Terry Fox

7 good teams for three spots, assuming the top 4 pull through in whatever ranking they finish by mid-February.

Breakdown for berths you can expect to be the following:
FV - 8
LM - 5
VI - 2
OK - 1
KT - 1
NC - 1
NW - 1
HS - 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Bc_baller

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS    Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Well fleetwood park upset enver creek in a nail bitter last night, yet lost to tweddy by 20. Any thoughts on this going into Surreys/Fraser valleys?? also any thoughts on the under dog teams coming out of surrey this year ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ButterBaller

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:57 pm

If they still do the seeding for the valley tournament like in years past, then that means the division winners from the four valley leagues get the top four seeds in the tournament. So while Yale, Tammy, WG and WR are the best four teams today, I also believe Tammy and WR are from the same league?

If so, that would mean they'd play each other in the league playoff championship game and the winner gets a top four seed in the valleys and the loser can't be seeded higher than fifth. I could see the seeds getting messed up where the WR/Tammy loser might have to play Yale, WG or WR just to get into the top 4 at the valleys.

Chances are Yale, WG and the Tammy/WR winner will get the top three seeds and the Tammy/WR loser gets the fifth seed and plays the fourth league champ (Like a Pitt?) to get into the semis anyways, but if one of those top four team is in the bottom bracket, it could really make or break the fortunes of all those borderline teams trying to get to the BC's.

Should be a fun tourney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Fraser Valley Playoff Seeding   Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Each off the 32 teams qualifying for the FV playoffs gets a vote. The coaches first seed the teams from #1 to #32. As a result you could have more than one team from a zone as a top four seed. The draw is on the FVBC website

http://fvbball.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=385&Itemid=193

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS   Today at 1:06 am

Back to top Go down

FRASER VALLEY 2012 7 TEAMS TO PROVINCIALS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1