HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 pm

I can't say I am impressed with Tammy's game today. As the commentator rightly said, " they are walking in the sand and clearly don't want to be in the gym today". Not this year for Tammy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:45 pm

what was the score for the yale game?
and when does the wg game start
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:03 am

simren55555 wrote:
what was the score for the yale game?
and when does the wg game start

Friday, January 25th Game Results Updated on TOP POST
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

White Rock 75. Walnut Grove 70 to win the Emerald

WRCA wins their third consecutive tournament in 3 weeks. In 3 week period they have won 14 in a row , including 2 wins over Grove, 1 over Tammy, and other top teams including Pitt, Gleneagle, Delta, Enver Creek, Oak Bay and Terry Fox. impressive 14 game win streak in short period of time against quality competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WestcoastScouts

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:44 am

The Grove/WRCA game was extremely exciting to watch. Both teams are extremely talented squads that have every right to be in the top three. Grove came out firing on all cylinders and got out to a quick start up by seven points within the first few minutes. However, White Rock Christian has to be the most composed and resilient team in the province, as they managed to continue in stride with Grove throughout the first half. After two, the score was 43-33 for Grove. During halftime, WRCA made a very interesting move to spend a good portion of the 10 minute break getting loose and shooting around, while Walnut Grove went down into the change room. This must have worked for them as they came out red-hot in the third and took the lead within the first four minutes. Tyus was in foul trouble for the majority of the game, but Vartan Tanielian came up big and drained almost every shot he stepped up to. Tanielian is in my opinion one of the best shooters in high school basketball. The third quarter ended with WRCA up by one. The fourth was a much more head-to-head affair with Cohee and Allen both making huge plays down the stretch. WRCA managed to pull it out at the end, though, 75-70.

To conclude, I'd have to say that WG has the most skill out of any team in the province, but they lapse into slumps too often in their games that they struggle to bounce back from. In the games I've watched from White Rock, they've been composed and poised throughout the entire game, and that's why they've been able to pull out crucial wins at the end against Walnut Grove. Both teams are great, however, and it will be interesting to see how they'll match up in the Frasers. I know many people are critical of Yale due to their weak schedule, but as long as they are number one, they are a team to beat as well. The Valley is up for grabs this year, and it's going to be interesting to see how things play out.

Last edited by WestcoastScouts on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 am

Well said. if these 2 teams play again in the Valleys, suggest everyone come out because they are 2 very talented squads. Extremely entertaining to watch these 2 teams attack each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WestcoastScouts

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 am

I have to say that Grove's 1-3-1 zone is extremely effective. I would like to see Grove run the 1-3-1 more often. Both teams battled it out but White Rock pushed the final pedal and ended up with the victory. I am very impressed with WRCA's ball movement as the players are constantly moving without the basketball. Tyus did a great job feeding the ball to his teamates and showed great leadership. Vartan is an unbelievable shooter as he hit tough shots down the stretch. Jadon and Paul fueled the offensive load for the Gators. Overall, a very competitive game and I can't to wait to watch these two teams in the Frasers. With Yale, Fox and many other good teams, this years Frasers is going to be the best one yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 am

Every year more and more of the top Grade 10's contribute heavily for their squads, and no exception this year, and this week the players at the top of the 2015 class showed out in these tourneys.
Killarney Cougar Classic MVP - Taylor Browne, Holy Cross
Delta Bill Kushnir Memorial 1st Team All-Star - Joaquin Bennett-Boire, Yale
Vancouver College Emerald 2nd Team All-Star- Jomari Reyes, Terry Fox.
Congrats to these young guns, keep grinding.

(PS.. Jermiane Haley, Sr. ball is calling.. please answer, while these young cats are showing out against top Sr. competition, Haley is stuck playing Jr. ball, which is below his competitive ability)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 am

Its interesting watching Walnut Grove when the game is quick and they can score on the run there good but there half court offense is really only Cohee and when hes not on its all over ..Cudos to Father Cohee for loosing his cool on the bench and taking a T which cost 2 points and the ball and if you were there that was the difference

congrats WRCA i havent given you the props you deserve but you are the team to beat although i will still take Grove in the Provincial final

WestcoastScouts wrote:
The Grove/WRCA game was extremely exciting to watch. Both teams are extremely talented squads that have every right to be in the top three. Grove came out firing on all cylinders and got out to a quick start up by seven points within the first few minutes. However, White Rock Christian has to be the most composed and resilient team in the province, as they managed to continue in stride with Grove throughout the first half. After two, the score was 43-33 for Grove. During halftime, WRCA made a very interesting move to spend a good portion of the 10 minute break getting loose and shooting around, while Walnut Grove went down into the change room. This must have worked for them as they came out red-hot in the third and took the lead within the first four minutes. Tyus was in foul trouble for the majority of the game, but Vartan Tanielian came up big and drained almost every shot he stepped up to. Tanielian is in my opinion one of the best shooters in high school basketball. The third quarter ended with WRCA up by one. The fourth was a much more head-to-head affair with Cohee and Allen both making huge plays down the stretch. WRCA managed to pull it out at the end, though, 75-70.

To conclude, I'd have to say that WG has the most skill out of any team in the province, but they lapse into slumps too often in their games that they struggle to bounce back from. In the games I've watched from White Rock, they've been composed and poised throughout the entire game, and that's why they've been able to pull out crucial wins at the end against Walnut Grove. Both teams are great, however, and it will be interesting to see how they'll match up in the Frasers. I know many people are critical of Yale due to their weak schedule, but as long as they are number one, they are a team to beat as well. The Valley is up for grabs this year, and it's going to be interesting to see how things play out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Major props to WRCA. Years of training and working and watching closely with colorful alumnus, maturity due to proximity with TWU players, no individual hyping, great in-game game management and years of playing motion offense since grade 8 both at school and at one pass ahead club are all paying off now in perhaps the last year of their AAA. The seeds for this achievement were sown 4 or 5 years ago.

Last edited by JLivingston on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:52 pm

It just come to my mind if Wrca still had Nathen Mappelink who transferred to Lynden Christian in grade 11, their team would have been even more menacing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Does any body have the full individual awards from the Emerald ? All I know is as follows: (help me fill in the blanks)

MVP: Tyus Allen (WRCA)
Top Offensive Player: Jadon Cohee (Gove)
Top Defensive Player: Vartan Taniellian (WRCA)

1st Team All Stars:
Peter Spanghel (WRCA)
Sheldon Derton (Grove)
Paul Getz (Grove)
Trevor Casey (Terry Fox)

2nd Team All Stars:
Jomari Reyes (Terry Fox)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26   Today at 4:41 am

Back to top Go down

VC Emerald/Delta/Killarney Tournaments-Draws/Results Jan.23-26
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2