HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Caledonia Tournament Results??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T-Ball

PostSubject: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Anybody have results from the Caledonia tournament this weekend? I believe that the Petit girls were playing Caledonia and Hartland was playing the boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Caledonia girls beat petti by 14 or 16 and the boys lost to hartland by 13 they pulled away with about 3 minutes left great games. petti girls also lost to harvey by 4 i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrior98

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Hartland beats JMA 103-63 in final. Played some old school Warrior bball. Also ravaged the home team Tigers in the AM game. Looked great from the stands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Petit girls lose twice??!!!! This should put Caledonia back on top (after beating JC earlier and Petit today) and put Harvey near the front of the A girls landscape.

According to Ballnut the Caledonia boys only lost by 13 and then only after Hartland pulled away with 3 minutes to go. Doesn't sound like anybody got ravaged? Hartland continues to beat the top contenders though......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 am

Congrats to both Caledonia teams for playing well...but, misc. tournament games and league games are two different animals....it will all become clear in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 am

I was at the Hartland-Caledonia Boys game Saturday. No one ravaged anyone. It was a real good game, close all the way. Hartland pulled away in the 4th but I was impressed by both teams. Excellent sportsmanship by the players and coaches from both sides, which from my perspective is just as important as ability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Ravaged?? yeah those are the exact words I would use. Thats as simple as breakers comment. Like I have said before the Caledonia boys can hang with any A team in this province when they are playing like they are capable and the girls are a very solid well coached team and should go a long ways if not all the way. And if tournaments do not matter how does breaker figure gm is even in the mix there are lots of teams with more points and better records than GM. Sorry pal but anyone that has seen them play is very aware they are simply a one trick pony. Shut down him and they have NO CHANCE. Hartland on the other hand is a complete package and if they are on there game are as solid as it gets. Harvey is always a threat but they need there three's to drop to win as hartland can bomb away from the outside or kill you in the paint those bigs aren't simply bigs they are very good ball players as well as big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 am

ballnut wrote:
Ravaged?? yeah those are the exact words I would use. Thats as simple as breakers comment. Like I have said before the Caledonia boys can hang with any A team in this province when they are playing like they are capable and the girls are a very solid well coached team and should go a long ways if not all the way. And if tournaments do not matter how does breaker figure gm is even in the mix there are lots of teams with more points and better records than GM. Sorry pal but anyone that has seen them play is very aware they are simply a one trick pony. Shut down him and they have NO CHANCE. Hartland on the other hand is a complete package and if they are on there game are as solid as it gets. Harvey is always a threat but they need there three's to drop to win as hartland can bomb away from the outside or kill you in the paint those bigs aren't simply bigs they are very good ball players as well as big.

What would be your plan to shut him down "oh wise one?" I think you will find that GM will be around come playoff time...they are coached way too well and will have some sleepers who will most likely come awake come regionals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 am

with the best coach and the best player(if healthy) GM has a legitimate shot at HS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 am

breakercoach wrote:
with the best coach and the best player(if healthy) GM has a legitimate shot at HS.

pretty sure that can be said for about 16 teams , its still a long road through the rest of the regular season , regionals and sectionals.........how many eggs have you counted so far? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm

wise one says spread floor take away 3 and let him spin around in circles at top of key until he hurts his ankle again. Already worked once. But right now I must come up with new game plan I was completely unaware about these sleepers and thats the second time I heard you had the best coach so it must be true . Gotta go need to find new plan now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm

ballnut wrote:
wise one says spread floor take away 3 and let him spin around in circles at top of key until he hurts his ankle again. Already worked once. But right now I must come up with new game plan I was completely unaware about these sleepers and thats the second time I heard you had the best coach so it must be true . Gotta go need to find new plan now

You better come up with a game plan for Hartland, Harvey, and either McAdam or DP as well while you are at it....you may not even see GM depending on the seedings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
breakercoach wrote:

pretty sure that can be said for about 16 teams , its still a long road through the rest of the regular season , regionals and sectionals.........how many eggs have you counted so far? Smile

Seems to me...you counted GM out a few weeks ago....you should know better. That looks like a 'nervous' smiley face...

You believe 16 teams have a 'legitimate' shot ? Really? And my brain is frozen?? I've heard it has been 'chilly' in NB...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:22 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
breakercoach wrote:

Seems to me...you counted GM out a few weeks ago....you should know better. That looks like a 'nervous' smiley face...

You believe 16 teams have a 'legitimate' shot ? Really? And my brain is frozen?? I've heard it has been 'chilly' in NB...

Always enjoy reading your posts Breaker Smile and just to correct you ( again tongue ) I have never counted out GM , I have said from the beginning that I thought they were in the top 3 in A ball........really looking forward to watching some great ball on Saturday , seems to me this is what it came down to last year also.......Basketball Go Lakers Go!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caledonia Tournament Results??   Today at 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Caledonia Tournament Results??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1