HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Boys Class of 2013/2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
REB

PostSubject: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm

With things starting to take shape this year - who's going to have the most carryover and lookingcontend with the valuable experience they're gaining this year?

Any juggernaughts out there looking ahead to next year?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm

PM looks very strong next year. Also sullivan could be a top 5 team in the province
Back to top Go down
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Looking at the Grade 10/11 talent out there, there should be some very strong teams next year. I think the leading ones will be;
1) Van College - Won Juniors last year with a strong crop, and their junior team is again stacked. Will be great next year;
2) Burnaby South - Some grade Grade 10 talent that surprisingly played Junior this season, and the core of their senior team are Grade 11 players, so they'll be talented
3) Gleneagle - a lot of talented Grade 11 players returning on this team, were one of the top junior teams last year.
4) Walnut Grove - Jadon Cohee will be the top HS player in BC next year and this team will have a lot of talent to support him
5) Tamanawis - are strong this year with some young talent and their best Player - Sukjot Bains - is returning next year
6) Terry Fox - have several Grade 10's playing up this year, so they should be talented and deep
7) Pitt Meadows - always tough and well coached
Cool WJ Mouat - Their 2 best players are both returning, including 6'9" Tristan Etienne and guard Corey Hauck, Will be tough for anybody
9) St. George's - With Drew returning next year, they'll have a good group of talent
10) Sardis - under the Radar a bit, but have 2 strong players at their core in Hayden and Eric
11) Yale - Some great talent, including one of the top Grade 10 players in BC, who is the senior team's strongest player
12) Panorama Ridge - a very talented Junior team last year - will be interesting to see if they'll continue to develop. Young this year, if they can maintain their discipline they can surprise a lot of teams

There are several others; MEI, Churchill, Lord Tweedsmuir, Holy Cross, etc. - who could also be tough.

Those are my thoughts, but I'm sure I've missed out a team or 2 - so feel free to add in who I missed. Not intending to exclude anyone- just going from memory, which isn't what it used to be!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WestcoastScouts

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 am

The top finishers in the Junior provincials last year were:

1. Vancouver College
2. Claremont
3. St. George's
4. Gleneagle
5. Walnut Grove
6. Kits
7. MEI
8. Wellington
9. DP Todd
10. Burnaby South

Although the top 10 senior teams for next year are obviously going to be completely different, this is something to look like. I feel like MEI could be a sleeper as they really came on late in their junior campaign last year and their senior team this year consists of a lot of solid grade 11's. I believe next year, the top teams will be on more of an equal level rather than there being any clear front runners. It's hard to know at this point, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 am

Don't count out sullivan! Ziggy Browne can FLY
Back to top Go down
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 pm

[quote="WestcoastScouts"]The top finishers in the Junior provincials last year were:

Yes, thank you - Claremont and Kits will also be strong. I knew I'd forget some! I'd also think St. Michael's from Victoria and perhaps Elphinstone might also be tough. I agree with you about MEI - they'll be a solid team. As I recall they were under the radar for Junior last year, then made it to the top 3 in Fraser Valley's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loveofthegame

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I think the top 5 teams for next season not in any order will be, Mouat, Walnut, Tamanawis,Gleneagle and Van College.

Mouat - They finished 4th in Fraser Valleys last season with their two best Jr players playing up in Tristan and Corey.

Walnut Grove - They had a very good Jr team last season and they have some good grade 11s coming up pair that with Jadon Cohee and they will be very good

Tamanawis - The core group they play this season are all 11s.

Gleneagle - Very talented group of grade 11s this season, they have a nice mix of size, skill and some good athletes.

Van College - They will a very strong group of 12s next season that won the Jr provincials last year and a good group of 11s coming up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 am

You guys are forgetting about Tweedsmuir. John Wu is cold blooded!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boys Class of 2013/2014   Today at 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Boys Class of 2013/2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1