HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Best CIS players in the last 5 years?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NormaAucoin

PostSubject: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 pm

I was wondering who you thought was the best CIS player to have come out of NB in the last 5 years? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Anthony Sears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
observer

PostSubject: Re: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Anthony Sears is definitely number one if we are talking about guys. I would put Dan Quirion in the top 5. Simon Marr is having a good year at Dal, at least scoring wise. I think Brad States will eventually end up in the top 5. Regardless of who is there I think it is a big drop from Sears to number 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Sears has been in a great situation during his time at Acadia. Playing along side a National team player (and future pro) has made his life a lot easier plus Anthony Ashe is a very talented wing. The 3 of them are a great compliment to each other. Dan Quirion has played just as well as Sears but doesn't have the same supporting cast. The gap between Sears and Quirion (#1 & #2???) isn't as wide as some may think.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:37 am

If we are talking about the last 5 years, then you need to be talking about Quiron, Sears, and Elliot Thompson from Fredericton.

ON the girl side it becomes much more difficult: Elyse Jobin, Devon Lisson, Amanda Sharpe, Vanessa Pickard, Lia St. Pierre, headline a long list of NB ladies who had solid CIS careers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:20 am

CoachDJR wrote:
If we are talking about the last 5 years, then you need to be talking about Quiron, Sears, and Elliot Thompson from Fredericton.

ON the girl side it becomes much more difficult: Elyse Jobin, Devon Lisson, Amanda Sharpe, Vanessa Pickard, Lia St. Pierre, headline a long list of NB ladies who had solid CIS careers.

I didn't include Elliott because he graduated high school 6 years ago Very Happy If we're talking NB'ers who played CIS in the last 5 years that would expand the list a little. I think I'd still put Sears slightly ahead of Elliott but that's tough. Elliott's CIS is very solid but he definitely had a much better team around him than Sears or Quirion. It would also bring into the discussion guys like Andy Wright, Alex DesRoche, Andrew Sullivan, Mike Anderson, Drew Stratton, Colton Wilson, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best CIS players in the last 5 years?   Today at 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Best CIS players in the last 5 years?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1