HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

John Caldwell Girls' Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T-Ball

PostSubject: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 pm

The JC tournament starts tomorrow with some of the best Single A girls teams. This could be a sneak preview of the Sectionals. Does anybody have the schedule? Hopefully we will get some results as the weekend goes on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 am

What teams are there? I think I heard Caledonia would be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 am

JCS Tournament schedule:

John Caldwell vs Dalhousie

TVHS vs Devon Park

Dalhousie vs Stanley

Devon Park vs Caledonia

John Caldwell vs Stanley

Caledonia vs TVHS

Championship game is at 4:00 on Saturday. Shaping up to be a great week-end of basketball.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm

JC takes the tournament win over Caledonia by a score of 58-30.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm

sidebyside wrote:

This should clear up who the #1 team is!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm

celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

Agreed. Caldwell was the favoured team going into the season, and they are proving to be the team to be beat at the end of the season as well. Just for fun, I will try who I think is the top 8 going into Regionals. It's kinda hard to do seeing how everybody but JC has lost to somebody else, but this is how I see it. These should be the 8 teams left to play at Sectionals.

1. John Caldwell - nobody has beaten them yet...that's a pretty good arguement for #1 to me.
2. Peti - they split with Cal and GM, but they seem to be peaking at the right time. Hosting a Sectional tournament doesn't hurt either.
3. Caledonia - they had me convinced that they were the team to beat until the pounding they took at the hands of JC this weekend.
4. Grand Manan - splits with Peti, Harvey and Dal....along with losses to JC and DP makes this team hard to figure. Based on a solid win vs Harvey giving them the 1 seed in the south, I will give them the 4 seed.
5. DP - a good team, maybe a bit young and inexperienced, could surprise some teams
6. Stanley - solid inside game, decent shooting. Should be around for sectionals
7. Harvey - let a great opportunity for fininshing 1st in the south slip through their fingers, they need to make some adjustments to tur this thing around.
8. Dal - I am giving them this spot because they will still be around for sectionals weekend. This spot should probably go to Tobique Valley, but they have been a major disappointment right now. They have most players back from last year and should have been top 5 this year, I don't see them beating anybody in the top seven. Harvey should beat them in the first round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina18

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm

39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

Agreed. Caldwell was the favoured team going into the season, and they are proving to be the team to be beat at the end of the season as well. Just for fun, I will try who I think is the top 8 going into Regionals. It's kinda hard to do seeing how everybody but JC has lost to somebody else, but this is how I see it. These should be the 8 teams left to play at Sectionals.

1. John Caldwell - nobody has beaten them yet...that's a pretty good arguement for #1 to me.
2. Peti - they split with Cal and GM, but they seem to be peaking at the right time. Hosting a Sectional tournament doesn't hurt either.
3. Caledonia - they had me convinced that they were the team to beat until the pounding they took at the hands of JC this weekend.
4. Grand Manan - splits with Peti, Harvey and Dal....along with losses to JC and DP makes this team hard to figure. Based on a solid win vs Harvey giving them the 1 seed in the south, I will give them the 4 seed.
5. DP - a good team, maybe a bit young and inexperienced, could surprise some teams
6. Stanley - solid inside game, decent shooting. Should be around for sectionals
7. Harvey - let a great opportunity for fininshing 1st in the south slip through their fingers, they need to make some adjustments to tur this thing around.
8. Dal - I am giving them this spot because they will still be around for sectionals weekend. This spot should probably go to Tobique Valley, but they have been a major disappointment right now. They have most players back from last year and should have been top 5 this year, I don't see them beating anybody in the top seven. Harvey should beat them in the first round.

Seems to me that Caledonia beat JC in an exhibition game....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:14 pm

[quote="Nina18"][quote="39forever"]
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

We talking exhibition man........exhibition , not a league game ...... we talking exhibition........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Caledonia/Petti and everyone else in the NE now has basically two weeks to prepare for regionals games. Obviously not locks but I'm pretty confident JC, DP, GM and Harvey will be the four teams coming out.

JC is clearly the front runner but anything can happen and a side with regional vs a side without is an interesting dynamic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 am

Going two weeks with no games is not necessarily to a teams advantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:32 am

[quote="BeeBall4Lifee"][quote="Nina18"]
39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

We talking exhibition man........exhibition , not a league game ...... we talking exhibition........

I don't get it..... when JC wins a tournament game it sends them to the top of the basketball world. When they lose a tournament game "we taking exhibition"! I don't deny that JC should be favoured right now but you can't have it both ways - that some count and others are just "exhibition".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:40 am

[quote="T-Ball"][quote="BeeBall4Lifee"]
Nina18 wrote:
39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

I don't get it..... when JC wins a tournament game it sends them to the top of the basketball world. When they lose a tournament game "we taking exhibition"! I don't deny that JC should be favoured right now but you can't have it both ways - that some count and others are just "exhibition".

58-30 was the score
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am

When you beat a team by almost 30...it counts for lots!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina18

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 am

39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

Whether it's exhibition or league "man" it's still a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alco00447

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am

39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

seems to me that they had also played at 9 in the morning and an hour after that and then had to play the final game an hour after that. the scheduling didnt seem fair by far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 am

[quote="alco00447"][quote="BeeBall4Lifee"]
Nina18 wrote:
39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

seems to me that they had also played at 9 in the morning and an hour after that and then had to play the final game an hour after that. the scheduling didnt seem fair by far.

Scheduling was obviously done to accomodate travelling time.
There was also a one game break between games which is more than an hour.
JC had a defense that Caledonia could not break through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 am

Nina18 wrote:
39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

Sorry to start a big arguement with my best Iverson impression but I guess the bottom line is that Caledona lost to JC by 18 , then beat them by 8 then got beat by 28.......and these were all exhibition games........guess we will have to really wait 3 weeks to see who is right and who is wrong......till then BALL'ON!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:05 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Nina18 wrote:
39forever wrote:
celtic wrote:
sidebyside wrote:

Sorry to start a big arguement with my best Iverson impression but I guess the bottom line is that Caledona lost to JC by 18 , then beat them by 8 then got beat by 28.......and these were all exhibition games........guess we will have to really wait 3 weeks to see who is right and who is wrong......till then BALL'ON!!!!

Very Happy Question Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Caldwell Girls' Tournament   Today at 10:56 am

Back to top Go down

John Caldwell Girls' Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1