HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

ALLSTAR GAME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the sub

PostSubject: ALLSTAR GAME   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:23 pm

ALLSTAR GAME SWGIRLS 101 NE 107 SWBOYS 134 NE 102 very good girls game SWboys where alots better than NEboys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Beney 14 points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHCWDBOT

PostSubject: all star game   Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 am

Its an allstar game... AAA Players were having fun trying to thow alleyoops and tease each other on both sides,...Nobody cares about points as it means nothing ...Although Greg Gould called two timeouts!? Some great talent on both sides...only thing that disturbed me is I only saw one NB university coach at game (Crandall boys) ...NB universities certainly still dont pursue NB talent...sad really as when those AAA boys were on the floor the pace and skill level was certainly university level...Some AA players really impressed as well...Kid from Minto has improved a ton!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 am

I found some of the AA players played at just as high of level as the AAA guys, such as Corey, Hovey, Meikle, and Moffit. Moffit has gotten more size, as he is starting to fill out up top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHCWDBOT

PostSubject: AAA   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 am

yeah they played well...Be nice to see them play against AAA size and speed...Moffit vs Irvine and Hovey vs Daniels for example...Would of been nice for the AA guys to have that challenge so they can truly evaluate their talent level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:42 am

Just curious guys...based on what folks saw in the all star game....who are the top players that college recruiters should be(are maybe already are , cause there is always a few of em at the game) looking to get , from this years crop?...
Any who will be 'impact" players at the CIS level ( a'la Anthony Sears at Acadia) or at the ACAA level ( a'la Wade Lawerence at Crandall) ??

any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 am

RHCWDBOT wrote:
Its an allstar game... AAA Players were having fun trying to thow alleyoops and tease each other on both sides,...Nobody cares about points as it means nothing ...Although Greg Gould called two timeouts!? Some great talent on both sides...only thing that disturbed me is I only saw one NB university coach at game (Crandall boys) ...NB universities certainly still dont pursue NB talent...sad really as when those AAA boys were on the floor the pace and skill level was certainly university level...Some AA players really impressed as well...Kid from Minto has improved a ton!

MTA , STU, UNBSJ were all playing important conference games on Sunday. 2 players from the girls all star game were at MTA for a campus visit.They left immediately after their all star game was over and spent several hours at MTA touring the campus, meeting with coaches and players etc...

You obviously have no idea how much time is spent watching and talking to NB talent . I know one school coach that has gone to at least 50 HS games this season, sent out hundreds of emails, phone calls, spent hours on campus visits etc... Perhaps you should check the rosters of the schools and see that a fair # of players are local kids.

Also, I noticed several University coaches in attendance on Saturday, watching the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:37 am

also...is it me or were there more gr 11's than 12's playing in this years all star game?? I know northeast AAA boys 3 out of 7 were gr 11"s...(40%) is this years class not a bumper crop ??

I know from last years NE boys 4 out of 14 (29%) are playing this year...would that be considered good or low ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:22 pm

There were still more grade 12's playing, but the grade 11's have a pretty strong crop of players. All over the province this may be one of our more solid age classes we have had in a little while. Should be a good summer for U17 I think. As long as everyone that can comes out to try outs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lakersbball

PostSubject: Funny   Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:16 am

Actually , the girls are recruiting talent very well...The reference was made to boys and besides Crandall...THEY ARE NOT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALLSTAR GAME   Today at 3:17 am

Back to top Go down

ALLSTAR GAME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1