HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
breakercoach

PostSubject: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 am

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on the format that will be used once again this weekend in the regional tourneys? Every year there is a 3 vs 4 game where the teams involved are questioning whether they want to win it or not. They feel that they may have a better shot going in as a 4 seed at the other sectional the next weekend. How about we let the winner pick where they go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:17 am

I agree with you on that one......nothing worse than watching 2 teams trying to lose a game. It does'nt take long to figure out what the coach is trying to do.....same old tactics year after year. Best players in foul trouble early, faked injuries, the player who's been riding the pine all year suddenly getting lots time on the floor....etc.
I like the idea of the winner in the 3-4 game picking where they want to go. The only problem is there are two 3-4 games...one at the Southwest regional and one at the Northeast regional. How could you determine who gets first pick???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:18 am

breakercoach wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on the format that will be used once again this weekend in the regional tourneys? Every year there is a 3 vs 4 game where the teams involved are questioning whether they want to win it or not. They feel that they may have a better shot going in as a 4 seed at the other sectional the next weekend. How about we let the winner pick where they go?

Bottom line is every team should be trying to win and not lose. Considering that the 3-4 game is played before the 1-2 game you can't predict who will be 1 or 2 and giving the advantage to the number 3 seed makes an unfair advantage , when would they have to make that decision? Would you then have to do the same thing for the 1-2 game and give #1 seed the same choice? If so that could basically nullify the decision of the #3 seed.

I guess the real bottom line is get out there and play to win every game and not try and find the "easy" way in. But thats just my opinion. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 am

Since the 1 seed hosts the next weekend not sure why they would choose against that? I think the winner of the 3/4 game decides after the 1/2 game is decided. Easy to say that teams should always just go out and play hard and try to win but in reality...? The kids ad coaches know which sectional gives them the best shot at HS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 am

Yuo start losing games on purpose and next thing you know, you're losing other games as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 am

No one likes the notion of teams playing to lose.

I also don't know why a team would want to lose a game in February that they could win. IS that really the habit or message you want to send to your team in the playoffs. Not to get all philosophical but you are teaching kids to compete. The bi-product of that should be winning games and eventually titles.

At this point and moving forward if you want to have these regional seeding tournaments I'm not sure how you avoid it. Giving the winner of a 3/4 game more control over their future then team that beats them in order to get a higher seed makes no sense to me. Also while I understand favorable matchups and neutral floor play a part in playoffs so does travel their are just too many factors to leave this up to choice vs having this is where you finish determining the next level.

If you are really worried about fair then get down to 4 on each side of the province and let a committee rank everyone 1-8 and set it up that way or heck give everyone a playoff spot ranked in Feb and playdown one and done for two weekends to get to Harbour Station.

These regionals give teams more control over their future then teams in interlocked conferences. You can qualify and determine your seeding based on how you play on a weekend in Feb. INterlocked teams are determiend by games they played in Nov and and all year long. They've got to play to win every single game/night out like you should.

"You play to win the games."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 pm

I agree completely with not wanting to lose, ever. But there have been times over the years, perhaps more so in single A, where one team was particularly tough at home and if they were hosting it was pretty much a guarantee that they would be in the provincial final. The other teams realized that they had no shot at beating them on their home court but if they got to the other side they had a shot. It has happened and under this format it will happen again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 pm

breakercoach wrote:
I agree completely with not wanting to lose, ever. But there have been times over the years, perhaps more so in single A, where one team was particularly tough at home and if they were hosting it was pretty much a guarantee that they would be in the provincial final. The other teams realized that they had no shot at beating them on their home court but if they got to the other side they had a shot. It has happened and under this format it will happen again.

I don't know if it will be a big problem in A this year. On the boys side, Hartland will probably be on one side and Harvey on the other...choose your poison. As far as the girls go, with Peti playin so well, not sure if I would want to play them at home, and if things play out by seedings, JC will host the other. I agree with the above comments. Teach your players to win, coaching them to lose in hopes of losing to that same team again at HS....doesn't make a lot of sense...but it definately happens. We watched a team try to avoid TV a couple of years ago when Goodine and Oulette were around, only to have TV lose to RNS and that same team ended up seeing TV anyway. Just play the game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 pm

No doubt this has been a problem....but, has the team that has 'thrown' the game ever gone on to win the provincial final? I don't think so...and if they have, they would have had to beat a pretty good team anyway. It doesn't make it right, that is for sure. You would like to think that there is some integrity in the game...especially at this level.

However, this has happened at the highest level in sports...2006 Olympics...hockey..if Sweden beat Slovakia...they would have faced Canada in the q-finals....final score, Slovakia 3, Sweden 0....not sure Sweden had 15 shots on goal....oh yeah...Sweden went on to win gold...Peter Forsberg later admitted that Sweden lost on purpose...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 am

Maybe we need to change the format of the mega sectional tournament? Keep the regional tournament running as it is and reward the #1 seeds with home court advantage for the first round and then change the sectionals to a weekend tournament at three locations (Fredericton - Currie Center, Moncton - Colisiem, Saint John- Harbour Station) and have each location host the top 8 boys and girls of each class (A,AA,AAA).

Friday
1:00 Host 1 vs Guest 4 Girls
3:00 Host 1 vs Guest 4 Boys
5:00 Guest 1 vs Host 4 Girls
7:00 Guest 1 vs Host 4 Boys

Saturday
10:00 Host 2 vs Guest 3 Girls
12:00 Host 2 vs Guest 3 Boys
2:00 Guest 2 vs Host 3 Girls
4:00 Guest 2 vs Host 3 Boys

Sunday
10:00 Winner of Game 1 vs Winner Game 7 Girls
12:00 Winner of Game 2 vs Winner Game 8 Boys
2:00 Winner of Game 3 vs Winner Game 5 Girls
4:00 Winner of Game 4 vs Winner Game 6 Boys

The tournaments would be rotated between the cities every year. this would give some of the teams a little insight and experience playing on the big courts before getting to Harbour Station. It would have its pluses and minuses for sure.

Sorry just an idea , not even sure I like it myself lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Maybe we need to change the format of the mega sectional tournament? Keep the regional tournament running as it is and reward the #1 seeds with home court advantage for the first round and then change the sectionals to a weekend tournament at three locations (Fredericton - Currie Center, Moncton - Colisiem, Saint John- Harbour Station) and have each location host the top 8 boys and girls of each class (A,AA,AAA).

Friday
1:00 Host 1 vs Guest 4 Girls
3:00 Host 1 vs Guest 4 Boys
5:00 Guest 1 vs Host 4 Girls
7:00 Guest 1 vs Host 4 Boys

Saturday
10:00 Host 2 vs Guest 3 Girls
12:00 Host 2 vs Guest 3 Boys
2:00 Guest 2 vs Host 3 Girls
4:00 Guest 2 vs Host 3 Boys

Sunday
10:00 Winner of Game 1 vs Winner Game 7 Girls
12:00 Winner of Game 2 vs Winner Game 8 Boys
2:00 Winner of Game 3 vs Winner Game 5 Girls
4:00 Winner of Game 4 vs Winner Game 6 Boys

The tournaments would be rotated between the cities every year. this would give some of the teams a little insight and experience playing on the big courts before getting to Harbour Station. It would have its pluses and minuses for sure.

Sorry just an idea , not even sure I like it myself lol.

You think that those three venues, will shut down for three straight days on the same weekend? I think that is a bit optimistic...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:55 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
You think that those three venues, will shut down for three straight days on the same weekend? I think that is a bit optimistic...[/quote]

The idea is totally hypothetical so I really have no idea but the format is more the question I was posing , and it could be possible at other venues I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
You think that those three venues, will shut down for three straight days on the same weekend? I think that is a bit optimistic...

The idea is totally hypothetical so I really have no idea but the format is more the question I was posing , and it could be possible at other venues I suppose.[/quote]

No reason why those tournaments couldn't be played at 3 big schools...ie FHS, Moncton High and Saint John High. You also have venues like the South Gym/The Pit, Crandall and UNBSJ. I am not necessarily in favour of any of this format. I think winning the right to host is something that all teams ideally fight for. All in all I think the present system is pretty good. There will be flaws in whatever system you use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Not to hijack this thread but in all these threads leading up to playoffs "gamemanship" issues seem to come up over and over. Particularly by the fans and followers of "A" basketball.
- How teams play an exhibition game vs league game/playoff game?
- Throwing games to improve/ change positioning?
- Who's gym you have to play in when? What gyms you have to play in?

No just as an observer I don't see a lot of AA/AAA fans/players/coaches coming on this site voicing concerns over these issues. Granted the number of passionate followers we have posting on this site seem to be in much greater numbers on the "A" side of things and that may be a factor.

I'm just wondering (Assuming that is the case), why there seems to be so much more concern over gamesmanship at this level? Is it going on more at this level? Do coaches/players/fans feel like it creates more of an advantage in these situations?

I'm just curious as I'm not sure A) how valid these concerns are (ie. How much advantage you really get, how often teams consider these things, etc) B) Why it would be such a concern at lower levels when it doesn't "appear" to be a huge concern at others?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I guess we all must be first class "A" Holes. Winning is everything to some coaches when basketball is the only game in town. All coaches seem to care about at this level is getting to play on the big stage....Harbour Station....Aitken Centre....etc.. I am sure this has happened at the AA and AAA level as well, they are just as banner hungry as us "A"Holes.
I like the idea of holding a week long tourney sending all ranked teams that qualify to the big stage.....could be done. Let's have more kids getting the chance to experience the thrill of playing on the big stage. Currie Centre at UNB would be the perfect venue to do it in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I think a week long tourney is a great idea. Not so sure it should be in Freddy beach every year though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Here is great article from the Bangor Daily News....they use the Heal Points System to rank teams in Maine. Not sure why they don't use a shot clock but I like this idea.

Heal Points?
Print Email Share Tweet
By NikkiSchroeher,
Posted Jan. 28, 2009, at 9:57 p.m.

After reading a great article in the BDN by Ernie Clark  it occurred to me that many people might not be familiar with how exactly a team makes it to the tournaments.   Most of us know it has something to do with these things called “Heal Points”…

What are Heal points, you ask? 

Here is where it gets complicated.

As Mr. Clark expalins in his article, Heal points were invented – if you will – by Durwood Heal back in the late 1940′s.  His mathematical formula served as a way to rank teams in a more logical fashion than simply a panel of people determining who made it and who didn’t – which was the previous method before the Heal point system became the accepted standard. 

To break it down for you in the most simple, and quickest way possible I’m going to use Bangor High School as an example – only because I am most familiar with this school, and the class that they reside in which is “A”.

First off, and this is only pertaining to basketball at the moment, each school is given a class in which they will be participating in based on enrollment numbers.  There are four classes in Maine – A, B, C, and D.  For example, schools like Bangor, Brewer, and Nokomis are in Class A; John Bapst, Hermon, and Old Town are considered Class B; Calais, Orono, and Dexter are considered to be Class C, and lastly Deer Isle – Stonington, Bangor Christian, and Woodland are classified as Class D. 

Secondly, These classes are divided into two groups – Eastern and Western Maine.  The above teams that I just mentioned would be considered EASTERN Maine teams – All the Eastern Maine class B, C, and D teams play their tournaments at the Bangor Auditorium.  The Class A boys and girls play their tournament games at the Augusta Civic Center.

Eastern Maine can be further divided, in Class A, into the KVAC (Kennebec Valley Athletic Conference) North and KVAC South.  Bangor High School would fall into the KVAC North Division along with Brewer, Hampden, Messalonskee, Lawrence, Skowhegan, Mt. Blue, and Nokomis. 

The above eight teams will play each other in regular season play twice, plus will play two other teams in the KVAC South Division.  These teams that they will play outside the KVAC North Division are rotated on a two or three year basis, this means if Bangor played Cony and Mt. Ararat, for example, this year (they are in the KVAC South Division) – they will play them again the next year until it’s time to rotate two new teams into their schedule.

Confusing?  …but I’ve only just begun.

Now that you know the basics of how the teams are categorized, here’s a VERY SIMPLIFIED rundown of how the Heal point system works.  I had to call on my good friend, former teammate, and current girls varsity head coach Kori Dionne to help me explain the rest.

In a nutshell, and this is an extremely abbreviated version of the actual formula that Mr. Heal developed in order to rank teams for tournament play, each team gets a certain amount of points for each victory in regular season play (depending on which class the team is playing in.)  With that, a number is determined by adding up the points for each victory and then dividing it by the number of the regular season games.

Second, in order to determine tournament standings, a team will then add opposing teams final numbers (from the above equation) in which they obtained a victory and then would divide that amount by the number of games they played in regular season play. 

The tournament standings are then announced based on these outcomes.  Don’t worry – if your head is spinning, mine is too.

In tournament play, the top two-thirds make it to the tournaments.  Here’s where it gets confusing again:

Right now, in Class A Eastern Maine (for instance) there are 16 schools total playing in the Eastern Maine Conference (this would be the KVAC North and South combined.) Teams ranked 1-12 would make it to the tournaments.  Teams 1-4 would have an automatic “bye” – or, if you’re not familiar with the term “bye,” would make it to Augusta without having to play in the first round.  Teams 5-12 would duke it out (if you will), on their own courts in what is called the “prelims” – the team in 5th place playing the team in 12th place, 6th place playing 11th place, 7th place playing 10th place, and 8th place playing 9th place.  The winners of these games would then play against those teams that had a bye into the tournament in Augusta (for Class A tournament play) These games would be considered the quarterfinals, the winners of these games would play in the semi-final Eastern Maine Championship, and then the two teams that made it thus far would play in the Eastern Maine Championship Final. Lastly, the winner of that game would be playing in the State Championship against the winner who had gone through the same tournament play only in Western Maine tournament play.

In all the confusion that I have probably created, I must admit that after this year – the way the tournament is run will change. A current article in the BDN announced that after this year, the percentage of teams allowed to participate in the tournaments will be decreased to fifty percent – instead of the current two-thirds that I discussed above. Go figure.

You have now passed your first course in Maine Tourneys: 101.

Follow me on twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/tourneytime

Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 pm

BumptheCutter wrote:
Here is great article from the Bangor Daily News....they use the Heal Points System to rank teams in Maine. Not sure why they don't use a shot clock but I like this idea.

Heal Points?
Print Email Share Tweet
By NikkiSchroeher,
Posted Jan. 28, 2009, at 9:57 p.m.

After reading a great article in the BDN by Ernie Clark  it occurred to me that many people might not be familiar with how exactly a team makes it to the tournaments.   Most of us know it has something to do with these things called “Heal Points”…

What are Heal points, you ask? 

Here is where it gets complicated.

As Mr. Clark expalins in his article, Heal points were invented – if you will – by Durwood Heal back in the late 1940′s.  His mathematical formula served as a way to rank teams in a more logical fashion than simply a panel of people determining who made it and who didn’t – which was the previous method before the Heal point system became the accepted standard. 

To break it down for you in the most simple, and quickest way possible I’m going to use Bangor High School as an example – only because I am most familiar with this school, and the class that they reside in which is “A”.

First off, and this is only pertaining to basketball at the moment, each school is given a class in which they will be participating in based on enrollment numbers.  There are four classes in Maine – A, B, C, and D.  For example, schools like Bangor, Brewer, and Nokomis are in Class A; John Bapst, Hermon, and Old Town are considered Class B; Calais, Orono, and Dexter are considered to be Class C, and lastly Deer Isle – Stonington, Bangor Christian, and Woodland are classified as Class D. 

Secondly, These classes are divided into two groups – Eastern and Western Maine.  The above teams that I just mentioned would be considered EASTERN Maine teams – All the Eastern Maine class B, C, and D teams play their tournaments at the Bangor Auditorium.  The Class A boys and girls play their tournament games at the Augusta Civic Center.

Eastern Maine can be further divided, in Class A, into the KVAC (Kennebec Valley Athletic Conference) North and KVAC South.  Bangor High School would fall into the KVAC North Division along with Brewer, Hampden, Messalonskee, Lawrence, Skowhegan, Mt. Blue, and Nokomis. 

The above eight teams will play each other in regular season play twice, plus will play two other teams in the KVAC South Division.  These teams that they will play outside the KVAC North Division are rotated on a two or three year basis, this means if Bangor played Cony and Mt. Ararat, for example, this year (they are in the KVAC South Division) – they will play them again the next year until it’s time to rotate two new teams into their schedule.

Confusing?  …but I’ve only just begun.

Now that you know the basics of how the teams are categorized, here’s a VERY SIMPLIFIED rundown of how the Heal point system works.  I had to call on my good friend, former teammate, and current girls varsity head coach Kori Dionne to help me explain the rest.

In a nutshell, and this is an extremely abbreviated version of the actual formula that Mr. Heal developed in order to rank teams for tournament play, each team gets a certain amount of points for each victory in regular season play (depending on which class the team is playing in.)  With that, a number is determined by adding up the points for each victory and then dividing it by the number of the regular season games.

Second, in order to determine tournament standings, a team will then add opposing teams final numbers (from the above equation) in which they obtained a victory and then would divide that amount by the number of games they played in regular season play. 

The tournament standings are then announced based on these outcomes.  Don’t worry – if your head is spinning, mine is too.

In tournament play, the top two-thirds make it to the tournaments.  Here’s where it gets confusing again:

Right now, in Class A Eastern Maine (for instance) there are 16 schools total playing in the Eastern Maine Conference (this would be the KVAC North and South combined.) Teams ranked 1-12 would make it to the tournaments.  Teams 1-4 would have an automatic “bye” – or, if you’re not familiar with the term “bye,” would make it to Augusta without having to play in the first round.  Teams 5-12 would duke it out (if you will), on their own courts in what is called the “prelims” – the team in 5th place playing the team in 12th place, 6th place playing 11th place, 7th place playing 10th place, and 8th place playing 9th place.  The winners of these games would then play against those teams that had a bye into the tournament in Augusta (for Class A tournament play) These games would be considered the quarterfinals, the winners of these games would play in the semi-final Eastern Maine Championship, and then the two teams that made it thus far would play in the Eastern Maine Championship Final. Lastly, the winner of that game would be playing in the State Championship against the winner who had gone through the same tournament play only in Western Maine tournament play.

In all the confusion that I have probably created, I must admit that after this year – the way the tournament is run will change. A current article in the BDN announced that after this year, the percentage of teams allowed to participate in the tournaments will be decreased to fifty percent – instead of the current two-thirds that I discussed above. Go figure.

You have now passed your first course in Maine Tourneys: 101.

Follow me on twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/tourneytime

Issues I see would be that the SW usually sends more teams to Final 12 than the NE, so the best two teams are not always there...sometimes by a wide margine. The NBIAA would also have to be convinced that divisions would have to be equal numbers. SW "AAA" boys and NE "A" boys are a couple of examples of very uneven splits. I like that system and I am sure the adjustments could be made (like crossing over the top 8 i.e., NE 1 vs. SW Cool.

My thought is to play a home and home with your home conference and one 4 point game against the neighbouring conference rotating who gets the home game for individual match-ups each year. Then cross over the top 8 teams from the NE and SW and make it a single elimination tournament. This would fit well with tournaments being hosted at larger locations (like university gyms or larger high school gyms. I am sure there are some schools that are not so centeralized that may have an issue with this, but 4 away games is the most you would have to go to a neighbouring conference.

I am certainly not a fan of playing non-elimination games in the middle of the play-offs...maybe someday it will change...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm

If we are dealing with the hypothetical.

Here are two scenarios based on the competitive varsity registrations from this year of:

24 ABoys, 16 AGirls, 14AAboys, 11AA girls, 18AAA boys, 17AAAgirls

A- There are 56 boys teams and 45 girls teams. Would it be unreasonable to have everyone get placed 4+ tiers based on performance at playoff time. You get a guarnateed number of games in your region or division depending on how you slice it plus your exhibition games to put together a resume. Your results get you assigned to playoff with 8-16 teams in and you playdown a weekend prior to get your provincial finalists?

B- Maintain the divisions but just have every body make the playoffs. Give byes to the top seed from each conference to the provincials week. In the first playoff weekend everyone else interlocks (sw/ne) to play down to get the top 2 left in the SW/NE. Finals committee ranks 8 qualifying teams everyone 1-8. Quarterfinals Mon-Wed, semi's finals all played Thurs Friday, Finals played Sat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 pm

I like scenario B.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Did anyone catch the results of the girls AAA southwest 3/4 game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 am

breakercoach wrote:

That was made clear on here....That does'nt happen at the AAA or AA level. This is only done by the REDnecks of class A ball. LOL
This system needs to be changed! Play to win the game....period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
breakercoach wrote:

That was made clear on here....That does'nt happen at the AAA or AA level. This is only done by the REDnecks of class A ball. LOL

Redneck Class A ball???? That is quite a statement.
Stereotyping is definately uncalled for.
If I do recall, the A game at Harbour Station last year was the game to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 am

breakercoach wrote:

Not sure what the story was haven't talked to anyone present. They did split their league games this year. All I can tell from the scores is that WHS did have a more competitive semi for longer and LHHS did beat Sussex the day before. Without getting word from someone at the game I can't say whether or not it was a tank job. Though the top AAA girls have beaten each other up game in and game out by wild scores smoe nights. Though maybe having to play through BMHS was preferable. THough with the way KVHS and FHS have played each other all year there were no locks in that game going in either.

Would be interesting to hear from someone how that game was played though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 am

sidebyside wrote:
BumptheCutter wrote:
breakercoach wrote:

Redneck Class A ball???? That is quite a statement.
Stereotyping is definately uncalled for.
If I do recall, the A game at Harbour Station last year was the game to watch.

I think BumptheCutter was being facetious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game   Today at 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Regional tournament 3 vs 4 game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next