HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

South Zone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NorthFan

PostSubject: Re: South Zone   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Could someone please post the details of the Chinook @ CCH game? It was obviously a very low scoring game, but I'm still in awe of Chinook's last two performances. Obviously, fatigue played a role in the Cardston game, but what excuse does CCH have? From what I've seen through out the year, CCH is without a doubt the better team. Is Chinook just on a hot streak? Or are they someone to look out for down the stretch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Re: South Zone   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 am

Looks like we'll be heading into a zone championship with some parody for the first time in a few years. Depending on how things end up I'd think that 1-4 seeds all have a chance at making a run. As the 4th team, Churchill will be the only one in that group without a win (up to now) against the others in the top 3. But they play a tough physical game and haven't lost by much in the games that they've had against LCI, CHS, and MHH. I heard the game against Cardston last week was a pretty rough affair. Fan got tossed, Churchill had two technicals, refs called it very tight, and the CHS bus got spray painted with WCHS markings. Sounds like an interesting night to say the least. The 5 and 6 teams should be chinook and CCH. Either of these teams have shown that they can play with the top 5 as well. If someone has a especially good or especially bad night they are teams that could easily come away with a win. Below that I don't see anyone else making any noise. Raymond has 1 win on the year against winless Kainai, Magrath doesn't have the horses to challenge the top tier teams, Myers is 3A but wouldn't compete either. Should be an entertaining zone playoff though, it will be good to see some great teams battle it out in close games this year. Anyone want to make predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: South Zone   Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 pm

I agree southball. The top 6 teams are very even this year. Chinook is a surprise as they beat Cardston and it looks like they only lost to LCI by 4 last night but i dont think they will beat Churchill in there opening game/

I will make some predictions.

I think the top 4 will all win there opening round games with Med Hat having the toughest time with CCHS.

Then I am going to call 2 minor upsets. Not sure they are upsets this year.

Med Hat over LCI. The Hat played very poorly in there last game against LCI and still kept it close. They will get it together in zones.
WCHS over Cardston. Churchill has been gaining more confidence and keeps getting better. Cardston seems stagnant without much improvement over the season.

With the Med Hat winning it all in a close game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: South Zone   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Ok, I can see Med Hat having a fantastic shooting night and upsetting LCI but Cardston is too exerienced and too tough to lose to WCHS. WCHS has not won any "must have" games this year. This is where Cardston playing everyone on their bench pays off. It takes you deep into the provincial tournament...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unregistered user

PostSubject: Re: South Zone   Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:12 am

It is amazing how good the south area was this year. Not just at the 4A level but all across the board. By my calculation the south zone won 4 of the 8 provincial banners.

1A Girls Stirling
2A Girls Immanuel
4a Girls Cardston
4A Boys Cardston

The south had a team in every provincial final except 1 3A boys. In 2 cases it was an all south final 1A and 4A girls.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Zone   Today at 5:16 am

Back to top Go down

South Zone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2