HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Top 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bird1

PostSubject: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 am

Only 3 teams makes to BC's. Its going to be a dog fight to get in. Here is my prediction for top 5 finishes at FV:

1. Semi
2. Tammy
3. Yale
4. Fleetwood
5. Pitt Meadows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Those teams are all going to be in contention, but I think you have to add a few additional teams to that list, who could beat any of them on a given night. You're absolutely bang-on; Fraser Valleys are going to be really tough - I'd imagine some tough early round battles and a few upsets. I think you have to include these teams to the list; I guess this would make it a Fraser Valley Top 10

Walnut Grove - talented and have beaten Pitt and Tweedsmuir. Could definitely be in the top 3 of FV;
Abby Collegiate - haven't seen them play, but I see them as an HM on the rankings;
Lord Tweedsmuir - streaky but talented, even with 3 Grade 10's playing senior;
Heritage Woods - just Beat Pitt on their own floor. A disciplined team, but a bit inconsistent. Lack size
MEI - haven't seen them play either, but I know they have some solid wins against BC top 10 teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pittpg

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Pitt has blown out both Semiahmoo and Tamanawis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Pittpg wrote:
Pitt has blown out both Semiahmoo and Tamanawis

And Tweedsmuir earlier in the year. I think Pitt is the strongest team in the FV this year. I wasn't looking at it as a ranking so much as a list, but if it were a ranking I'd have it like this. Playoffs may shuffle this a bit. Funny year though, as Heritage has lost to Grove and Tweedsmuir, but beat Pitt this past weekend. A lot will have to do with who's peaking at the right time. I think Semi is peaking at the right time. I know Pitt was unreal before xmas but haven't seen them play in a little while....

1. Pitt
2. Semi
3. Tamanawis
4. Grove
5. Fleetwood
6. Lord Tweedsmuir
7. Yale
8. Heritage Woods
9. Abby Collegiate
10. MEI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachSeanJohn

PostSubject: 4 teams qualify. JV Provincials expanded to 20 teams   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Bird1 wrote:
Only 3 teams makes to BC's. Its going to be a dog fight to get in. Here is my prediction for top 5 finishes at FV:

1. Semi
2. Tammy
3. Yale
4. Fleetwood
5. Pitt Meadows

4 FV Berths to Provincials. Tournamnet expanded to 20 teams as of a couple weeks ago.

Heritage Woods should also be a consideration in this conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4thQuarter

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm

I think it will be grove and pitt in FV finals

Last edited by PITTAbread on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4thQuarter

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Bird1 wrote:

1. Semi
2. Tammy
3. Yale
4. Fleetwood
5. Pitt Meadows

Actually Pitt should be ranked first.
Thanks
-

Last edited by PITTAbread on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loveofthegame

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I think the most underrated team in the Fraser Valley is Walnut Grove they have not been mentioned in the rankings all year but have had some big wins against ranked teams. I think Yale is a bit overrated on these rankings, who have they beat? I think Tweedsmuir is also underrated they have had some losses this season but in those losses they were missing key players and their coach. It will be a war for those top 3 seeds in the FV, but I think Pitt will come out and win FV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SemiPg

PostSubject: The Offical Top 8 Fraser Valleys   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:36 pm

1.Pit Meadows
2.Semi
3.North Surrey
4 Lord Tweedsmur
5.Burnaby South
6.VC (Vancouver College)
7.Yale
8.Tammy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hurtubise_HC

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm

SemiPg wrote:
1.Pit Meadows
2.Semi
3.North Surrey
4 Lord Tweedsmur
5.Burnaby South
6.VC (Vancouver College)
7.Yale
8.Tammy

reminder SemiPg
VC and B South are not in the fraser valley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canadaball22

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 pm

These are the teams I have seen through my son's games:
1. Semiahmoo- have not seen them play but from everyones opinion there #1
2. Tammy- talented in your face type team
3. Mei - beat yale and semi, very strong, lead by PG Nate Allison, strong players and well coached
4. Yale secondary - mostly grade 9's led by grade 9 guards riley braich, who i think is the best player in the valley. Great future.
5. Lord tweedsmuir or pitt- twedsmuir has good gaurds lead by Kj johnson, beat fleetwood and lost to yale, have not seen pitt meadows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballWizard

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am

Pitt Meadows has won easily over both Tweedsmuir and MEI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopking1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Canadaball24 wrote:
These are the teams I have seen through my son's games:
1. Semiahmoo- have not seen them play but from everyones opinion there #1
2. Tammy- talented in your face type team
3. Mei - beat yale and semi, very strong, lead by PG Nate Allison, strong players and well coached
4. Yale secondary - mostly grade 9's led by grade 9 guards riley braich, who i think is the best player in the valley. Great future.
5. Lord tweedsmuir or pitt- twedsmuir has good gaurds lead by Kj johnson, beat fleetwood and lost to yale, have not seen pitt meadows

I saw Yale play this week in the playoffs, they beat a big Abby Senior team. I was not impressed by Braich, I saw three games and he isn't even the best player on the team, let alone the valley. He can score, but not much else. The #9 point guard is great, the #23 and #15 big men are good and #7 is a driving beast, he is the fifth best on his team, but he can score well, doesn't see the court well or pass well. They are playing for first in Abbotsford with mostly grade 9's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canadaball22

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 am

Dont want to get into anything but you have to be absoutly kidding Riley is there best player without question! I watched him play in the delta tournament and he had 26 against delta and 35 against my sons team... Also had atleast 6-7 assists in each game and led them in steals. He is lacking strength though. I know he made provincial team so he must have been doing something right to be the only one on yale jr. Team to play on it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopking1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am

[quote="Canadaball22"]Dont want to get into anything but you have to be absoutly kidding Riley is there best player without question! I watched him play in the delta tournament and he had 26 against delta and 35 against my sons team... Also had atleast 6-7 assists in each game and led them in steals. He is lacking strength though. I know he made provincial team so he must have been doing something right to be the only one on yale jr. Team to play on it![/quote

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that is an opinion. The #9 point guard also played Provincial team and played up an age in the Regionals, he played against my son at U-15, while the other kids in his age group played U-14. I saw him lead them in scoring and play well. It is all opinion. After seeing their games this week, Braich can score, but doesn't do much else.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopking1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 am

[quote="hoopking1"]
Canadaball22 wrote:
Dont want to get into anything but you have to be absoutly kidding Riley is there best player without question! I watched him play in the delta tournament and he had 26 against delta and 35 against my sons team... Also had atleast 6-7 assists in each game and led them in steals. He is lacking strength though. I know he made provincial team so he must have been doing something right to be the only one on yale jr. Team to play on it![/quote

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that is an opinion. The #9 point guard also played Provincial team and played up an age in the Regionals, he played against my son at U-15, while the other kids in his age group played U-14. I saw him lead them in scoring and play well. It is all opinion. After seeing their games this week, Braich can score, but doesn't do much else.]

The boys name is Matt Kirk-Merchenson, and he was a Fraser Valley First Team All-Star last year, he played on the same middle school team as Braich, who didn't make the all-star team. They are both great players, but Wei Chung from Walnut is better than them both. There is more to the game than scoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rbraich.8

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Haha this sites hilarious. We (Yale) play mei today in the finals. Should be a good game, and a big game for the FV rankings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAA

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Just wanted to get some views on this

Does this allow him to continue with the Junior team?  See rule below

D4.2.1 Limits to playing up for play-offs / post-season: a student-athlete who plays up to a more senior level play-off / post-season play is ineligible to return to play in any competition in any lower age group (this includes grade 8 and 9 competition) in that sport in any season of play that school year.

Last edited by AAA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:43 pm

AAA wrote:
Just wanted to get some views on this issue:

Graham Smith of Pitt playing with the Senior Boys last night vs Gleneagle

Does this allow him to continue with the Junior team? See rule below

D4.2.1 Limits to playing up for play-offs / post-season: a student-athlete who plays up to a more senior level play-off / post-season play is ineligible to return to play in any competition in any lower age group (this includes grade 8 and 9 competition) in that sport in any season of play that school year.

No. As the rule states, once you play up in a play-off game you lose eligibility at the lower level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pittpg

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Graham will be playing for juniors. It has to be zone playoffs for that rule to be in effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:41 pm

League regionals are not "playoffs" Until Smith plays in a Valley playoff game he can still play Jr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SemiPg

PostSubject: NO ONE CAN GUARD IQBOL   Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 pm

afro afro IQBOL ON ROBERT BATEMAN IS AN UNSTOPABBLE BEAST EVERYWHERE ONT HE COURT HE WILL NEVER DIE AND REFS PRAISE THE GROUND HE WALK ON IF THE REF CALLS TECHINCALS ON THEMSELVES IF THEY DONT CALL A FOUL FOR IQBOL HE IS THE KING OF HIGHSCHOOL BASKETBALL AND WILL NEVER BE STOPPED. ONE GAME HE HAD BROKEN HIS ARM AND DROPED 78 ON THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD THE MIAMI HEAT. HE IS ON THE RUNNER UP FOR BECOMING THE NEXT POPE!!!!!!!!!!! HE WILL BE DUNKING ON EVERY FOOL UNDER THE RIM NO MATTER WHAT !!!!. ONE GAME HE DIDNT SHOW UP AND STILL DROPPED 34 POINTS 12 BOARDS 16 STEALS AND THEY STILL WON THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I.O.D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF YOU FOOLS SHOULD QUIT RIGHT NOW AND HAVE NO CHANCE YOU ALL SHOULD JUST QUIT BASKETBALL BECAUSE IQBOL LIVES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IQBOL OR DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pittpg

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 am

I agree

Last edited by Pittpg on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SemiPg

PostSubject: kIRUBEL THE DEMI GOD ON TERRYFOX   Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm

KIRUBEL SON OF HERCULES NEPHEW OF MICHAEL JORDAN ON TERRY FOX WILL DROP 50 POINTS ON SEMI (MY TEAM ) TODAY! NOBODY CAN GAURD THIS UNSTOPPABLE BEAST WHEN HES FEELING IT FROM DEEP 3 POINT RANGE. HIS RANGE IS EXTENDED ALL THE WAY FROM THE HALF COURT LINE. U WILL HAVE TO GAURD HIM FULL COURT BECAUSE WHEN HES REALLY FEELING IT HE WILL JUMP AND DUNK FROM THE 3 POINT LINE WITH HIS AMAZING HOPS. HE HAS A WORLD RECORD OF LONG JUMP HE HAS JUMPED FROM THE PIT MEADOWS COURT AND LANDED IN THE STAPLES ARENA IN A MATTER OF SECONDS. WHEN HE STEPS ON THE COURT EVERY ONE FROM THE OTHER TEAM JUST LEAVES THE COURT. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Top 5   Today at 6:41 am

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Top 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1