HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Senior Playoffs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
baller29

PostSubject: Senior Playoffs    Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:27 pm

February is always a great time of the year, theres always expected to be a great show at Carleton which truly defines our basketball culture here in ottawa it always nice to catch up with some old friends at the Ravens Nest. So what is playoffs looking like? Any predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Just to clarify, I believe that the finals are at Algonquin College this year. Match ups for AAA/AAAA are pretty much set:

AAA/AAAA

1 St. Pats and 2. Glebe both get byes

3. Louis Riel vs 6. Mother Teresa @ LR - winner plays Glebe

4. West Carleton (assuming they beat 0-8 Lisgar) vs 5. Earl of March - Winner plays St. Pats

Some interesting notes for the matchups are that MT just beat LR in league play so an upset could be brewing or did they wake a sleeping giant? Also, St. Pats dominated all season long until their last few games where they almost seem beatable. Lastly, West and Earl split the season series so this could be the best game of the first round.

A

I believe Ashbury gets the bye to the finals and Deslauriers and Ottawa Islamic will play for the right to play Ashbury - of note is that OIS has defaulted their last two games so I am not even sure if Deslauriers will have to play them in the playoffs.

AA

The only matchup that is certain is SRB @ Immaculata. St. Pius will play at the winner of the Lester B Pearson vs De La Salle game next week while the loser will travel to Merivale. St. FX awaits to see who wins the final spot in the East. If Life Christian Academy beats Ashbury next week, then they are in and Gloucester is out, but if Life Christian loses to Ashbury, then they will have to play Gloucester in a tie breaker game for the right to play @ St. FX in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 pm

why is it not at carleton? from my memory it has been at Carleton forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Algonquin doesnt have the best floor compared to carleton( carleton gym makes stoping and making cuts much more effiencitly) has probley the best courts in the city, the seating capicity at algonquin is quite low.Having the city finals at carleton is somthing special, if carleton is not willing to donate its gym time then it can just be at a local high school. But its too bad it can't be at carleton this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St.JCoach

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm

what about tier 1 non ofsaa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

I have no clue how the schedule for the non ofsaa tier is working sorry. The choice to have the games at Algonquin may be a result of how much Carleton charges to use its facility, but I am guessing here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Apparently Life Christian Academy is competing in single A not AA as it was indicated at the beginning of the season. As a result, Life Christian will play Deslaurier for the right to play Ashbury in the single A final. Lester B Pearson beat De La Salle in the final regular season game to finish second in the East so they will host St. Pius and Merivale will host De La Salle tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaKidsNice

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:20 am

Any thoughts or opinions on the tier 1 final?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:10 am

Hi have not seen Samuel Genest play but I did see Nepean. I like the way their program has improved over the past year. The play solid team basketball and compete hard. I know that they have played the ofsaa division teams tough in tournaments this year and from their regular season record. It would be nice to see them take home the tier one championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Playoffs    Today at 7:31 am

Back to top Go down

Senior Playoffs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1