HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 am

OK folks.... High School season is over ....BNB age class provincials are coming up ...predictions ?

AAA Juvenile Boys gonna see some good ball...Fredericton North has combined players from DP and LHHS but have put in two teams to get kids floor time...one team has jason Danials and Ryan Smith of DRHS on it...should be a good one...KVBA team has kids from KV and Rothesay ....Moncton has players from BMHS (Dow) and MHS...Bathurst has added Daley from DRHS....Black Kats are in as well...Gonna be a real competitive tournament...I am sure some CIS recruiters will be around to check it out ,as it will have most of the top High School players in NB there...virtual who's who of NB's top high schoolers....who's gonna win ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Look for Sailsbury to run away with the Juvinelle section 3 provincials, they beat sackville during the season and from what i have heard they have picked up a few guys from petty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:11 pm

what schools does river valley include?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 pm

River Valley is tier 2 with kids from Hampton High...so nobody cares :-)

Just heard that Bordertown boys have Dewinter , Gushue and another guy from Sussex..along with elsmore , bell, pomeroy and atkinson , they will be very good...
Also heard Leo Hayes has added Adam Spurrell ( as well as ryan Smith). Don't know if spurrell is playin with their gr 11 team or their gr 12 team...but whichever one it is...they just got a lot better!!
Gonna be a great tournament...recruiters dream...

prediction - St Stephen (bordertown boys) vs LHHS Gr 12 team (f'ton North 1) in the final with St Stephen winning....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 am

Predictions for this weekend

1) Juv Tier 1 Final F'ton North vs Bordertown boys...FN in close one....
The addition of Ryan Smith and Adam Spurrell with an already strong FN lineup will give them the edge they need over the St Stephen/Sussex boys.
3rd Place F'ton Kats vs Moncton....F'ton by 15+.....If Moncton added some of the Riverview shooters(most will play midget) with the MHS/BMHS players then maybe they have a shot...FHS is only using their own..no add ins...but they are the AAA champs
5th Place - Bathurst vs F'ton North 2....Bathurst in a close one...the addition of Daley from DRHS will put Bathurst over the the top vs FN2 ...ironically both teams are made up entirely of Gr 11 players....

Juv tier 2 and 3....who cares :-) ..the recruiters (and there will be a few in attendance I am told) will be at the tier 1 tourney...

Midget- KV vs Riverview...edge going to Riverview with their varsity guys returning to play Midget

Thoughts anyone....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Look at all of the reponses.....talk about 'not caring'....lol.

Defination of SAD - handicapping a 5th place game that no one cares about.

Recruiters dream? Where are they from? St.Stephen U & Deer Island Community College? I doubt Dave Smart will be flying in for that one....but, I'll ask him as I will be in Ottawa for the final 8.

Other than Elliot - can you tell me any NBer that will make an impact on the Final 8 ? I will look out for them.....didn't think so.

Frankly, I'm more interested in the Air Force/Wyoming game today...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RHCWDBOT

PostSubject: GM   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Hope your kidding cause if you are not then you missed the point all along in following basketball on this forum...Colton Wilson of NB (Grand Manan) advanced to the next level and is having success...NB players are playing in the ACAA and CIS besides Elliot so that means their achievements dont matter cause they are not playing in the Final 8?! The juvenile tournament IS an excellent venue for OUR NB players to get noticed and make contacts for the next level so watch your Wyoming game...Do us(people who care about NB athletes)a favour please ...Go to hoopslife in Ont or U.S. and start a thread..."I love Dave Smart" or something of the like if your feelings toward NB basketball are that disrespectful and narrow minded!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Other than Elliot - can you tell me any NBer that will make an impact on the Final 8 ? I will look out for them.....didn't think so.

Now that's response provoking.

1) I hope were not penalizing the NB players that aren't going to be at the final 8 becaue they are good CIS players on less then great CIS teams.

2) Lets see the AUS men's team(s) playing haven't been decided yet. So that makes it tough could be with Acadia, ST. Mary's, UPEI, Dalhousie, St. Fx, and Cape Breton all in the hunt there is a few of them out there who could be on site to play not jsut Elliot.

3) Assuming your not gender bias then Everett and Hodgson from CBU, along with Elyse Jobin from Laval will all be repping it up in the Women's Final 8. Lia St. Pierre and Devan Lisson are top players at UBC but you may not want to include them since their team didn't qualify out the CanWest.

Seeing as Ottawa (the city) has more people then our province and all their ballers are located within transit distance, I think we're turning out a decent crop CIS level players. Diane Norman just got inducted into the NB hall of fame, in case you can't keep up on everything basketball happening in NB. I know that some of the boys results from GM lately haven't been up to the top level lately but don't get bitter on us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:48 pm

So people do care....hmmm.

First - there is a HUGE difference between CIS and ACAA. I played ACAA - not a bad brand, but certainly not CIS.

Yes, Colton has done really well....and I'm not gender bias - as Emma is also doing well at UNB. (Although I follow the men more.)

Diane Norman?? She is my age. A great accomplishment....who are we going to discuss next, Scott Devine??

Why do you think my feelings for NB basketball are disrespectful and narrow minded ?- I'm from GM not Wyoming..lol. I enjoy seeing NB athletes doing well.

As far as the AUS rep at the CIS goes.......one and done, although I will be cheering for them, no matter who the rep is.

As far as GM results go - I'm not bitter - it's good to see other teams involved in the Final 8 - its good for NB basketball. My highschool coach was from Tobique Valley. It was good to see them win...

My previous post was to provoke conversation.....I'm glad you guys care, as do I.

The Air Force/Wyoming remark - was a joke....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone   Today at 3:17 am

Back to top Go down

BNB Age Class provincials- predictions anyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1