HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Harbour Station Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Ok guys & gals....What's everyone's prediction on who makes it there and who becomes the 2013 champions???

I'll take the 1st jab at it

Girls A

John Caldwell vs GM- I'm going out on a branch here saying GM will be there. No matter who is there, JC takes it easily

Boys A- Hartland vs Harvey- Harvey wins by single digits

Boys AA- Woodstock vs CN- WHS by 3

I don't follow AA girls and AAA anything enough to comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopforfun

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm

I Still think that Caledonia will come out winners at JCS. I've seen them both play. And I say Caledonia had a bad game that last time against JCS after having played 2 other games that day. JCS is too inconsistent. They almost lost to Harvey. From what I heard, it was a tie game at the start of the 4th quarter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:36 pm

I'll take a stab at Single A. The girls will be interesting. Petit will come out of the Northeast but it's a toss-up between JC and Caledonia. Each has beaten the other and much has been mentioned about the fatigue factor in JC's latest lob-sided win. Caledonia will need to be fresh and furious to beat JC on their home court. The winner in Grand Falls will take it all at the Station.

The safe bet in boys is a Hartland-Harvey final. However, IF Caledonia plays big against Hartland on their home court there could be an upset. They almost did it a few weeks ago. Either way, the eventual provincial champion will come out of the Northeast sectional. Harvey could have trouble sinking those threes in the wide open spaces and sight-lines of Harbour Station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 pm

KVHS made quite a statement today in beating LHHS by 30. They had split the season at 2-2 so it seems KV might be rounding into shape at the right time. They looked like a championship team today with balanced scoring and no mental lapses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 pm

T-Ball wrote:
The safe bet in boys is a Hartland-Harvey final. However, IF Caledonia plays big against Hartland on their home court there could be an upset. They almost did it a few weeks ago. Either way, the eventual provincial champion will come out of the Northeast sectional. Harvey could have trouble sinking those threes in the wide open spaces and sight-lines of Harbour Station.

ummmm why would Harvey have a problem with wide open spaces at Harbour Station? Seems to me if they play to their potential this weekend that this would be their third trip in a row there plus they have played a few games at the Currie Center to prepare so if anyone should be worried about inexperience on the big stage it should be Caledonia or Hartland.......it must be intimidating stepping onto the big court for the first time ever Smile .......in any event only time will tell.

And Harvey doesn't live and die by the three but once they start draining them look out.....17 3's against DP and 13 3's against Hartland in the regionals by 6 different players!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Hoopforfun wrote:
I Still think that Caledonia will come out winners at JCS. I've seen them both play. And I say Caledonia had a bad game that last time against JCS after having played 2 other games that day. JCS is too inconsistent. They almost lost to Harvey. From what I heard, it was a tie game at the start of the 4th quarter.

Again going out on a limb but I say JCS will win this by 20+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

celtic wrote:
Hoopforfun wrote:

Again going out on a limb but I say JCS will win this by 20+

I must agree . The JC defense is too hard to penetrate along with having home court advantage .
Harbour station can be intimidating and JC has the advantage over Petti.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
T-Ball wrote:

ummmm why would Harvey have a problem with wide open spaces at Harbour Station? Seems to me if they play to their potential this weekend that this would be their third trip in a row there plus they have played a few games at the Currie Center to prepare so if anyone should be worried about inexperience on the big stage it should be Caledonia or Hartland.......it must be intimidating stepping onto the big court for the first time ever Smile .......in any event only time will tell.

And Harvey doesn't live and die by the three but once they start draining them look out.....17 3's against DP and 13 3's against Hartland in the regionals by 6 different players!!!!
Ummmm....just curious...who might you be talking about? Hartland has been there a few times, and Grand Manan played Caledonia in the final in '92 I believe...it wasn't much of a game..GM won by 30ish..however, Caledonia beat John Caldwell in the semis...one of the biggest upsets in NB history...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
T-Ball wrote:

Ummmm....just curious...who might you be talking about? Hartland has been there a few times, and Grand Manan played Caledonia in the final in '92 I believe...it wasn't much of a game..GM won by 30ish..however, Caledonia beat John Caldwell in the semis...one of the biggest upsets in NB history...
well said and may I complete the rest of that Speech if they don't live and die by there 3"s please explain why without them they beat neither team and everyone knows they got nothing inside. Props to them for having the ability to do it year in and year out but don't insult us by saying they don't need them to win we all know that is not true
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Ballnut has a good point. However if they shot 17 x 3 against DP and 13 x 3 against Hartland that is a blistering pace. Who needs an inside game when you have that kind of fire power? Hartland however has both an inside and outside game with two (2) bigs and Orser draining the three. I had predicted a Hartland win.Harvey has the edge in experience and a victory in the most recent battle.

I'm thinking Harvey has a much easier road starting Friday, all they have to do is dispatch DP again (5-6 time in a row) and they are in HS.

Hartland has to travel into enemy terriory where Caledonia is waiting. Games between these two teams have been dog fights from what I hear.

Hey the Breakers are no longer in it so I'm predicting an upset.

Caledonia wins over Hartland by 3!!!!

Caledonia shocks the province and wins "A" Boys Title.

Back to top Go down
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 pm

ballnut wrote:
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
T-Ball wrote:

well said and may I complete the rest of that Speech if they don't live and die by there 3"s please explain why without them they beat neither team and everyone knows they got nothing inside. Props to them for having the ability to do it year in and year out but don't insult us by saying they don't need them to win we all know that is not true

Smile Doug I remember those days well also but I am talking about the players who are playing this year , I am hoping that Caledonia doesn't have any returning players from 92! I was just pointing out to ballnuts that Harvey will not be intimidated by HS with 6 returning players.

and Ballnuts did I stutter the first time.....which two teams are you talking about Harvey not beating? If memory serves me right Harvey beat Hartland twice this year and lost once by 4 , and have beat DP by 28 , 25 and 50 this year and beat both of them every single time last year. And if your intelligence is insulted by the truth then you must live a hard life day in and day out! Not sure what report you have read about no inside game , Foster and Hamilton were getting torched down on the baseline by our faster players and had no answer. Every teams needs to have shooters to spread the floor that is common sense , think about it and it will sink in after awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:36 pm

READ SLOWER brother. I didn't say they didn't beat anyone I said take away the 3 and they wouldn't have beaten them. I tink I can do math. And we all understand spreading the floor but if those 17 3's don't drop do you win. Everyone knows it has been your bread and butter for how long. In fact I think the term shooting the lights out came from harvey. And the foster and hamilton thing no idea was at another play down. Only can comment on games I have seen and in those games very little inside scoring all from outside mostly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 pm

For the Girls in the "A" division It will be most likely be John Caldwell vs. GM at harbour this year

And for the boys "A" division Hartland and Harvey in Harbour station. Now i dont follow the girls all that much but for the boys in St. John it can go either way depending on who wants the game more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:40 pm

PS I said nothing about harvey being intimidated anywhere again slow down and read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm

So your just throwing McAdam out of the picture? I feel they are much stronger than Caladonia, Anderson will destroy those young kids inside. McAdam wins by 10!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Never throw out anyone it is playoff time . I cannot comment on mcadam have not seen them play I heard they have one big guy that is an excellent athlete ok bball player. No big guys have wrecked us inside yet but there is always a chance and I don't buy the young thing it is simply a copout . They may be young but they have been in the heat before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Being at the tournament this weekend i could say that mcadam yes does have a decent team but is now heading into caladonia with hartland which they did lose to them by 33 points and they did play number 5 for most of the game. But if Caladonia can stay with hartland for most of the game then it all comes down to rebounds and putting the ball back in the hoop. If anyone saw in the hilsbourgoh tounament caladonia stayed with hartland till the fourth quarter and then lost by 15 or so to hartland. So no one can be ruled out of sectionals till the finals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Yes I understand that, but you can not got by other teams games or you could go by when hartland beat them by 50 in Devons tourney, and they only beat McAdam by 30 something that would make McAdam better than Caladonia, you need to go by those to teams an there not what other teams did against them. Realy how do you know when Hartland played them down there the officials weren't bad or they just played terrible, As far as I'm conserned McAdam as more skill and will win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 pm

how many games did you see caledonia play???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

I have seen three or four of their games, good ball team but young needs improvement. They can not rely on 3 going through the key with smarter players playing against him. McAdam can draw fouls and get important players put of games, McAdams just a smarter and more physical team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 pm

THey are young in fact 3 is in grade 9 but they have more weapons than that young fella. Who knows all depends on which team shows up. Lately its been the good one so we will see. Most people wrote them off before it started
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Oh and one question who are the smarter players. I think he dropped around 40 against harvey and half a dozen of them were beyond the arc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer61

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:09 pm

they can shoot 3s number 5 and number 3 and very well shoot the three down if needed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 pm

I agree with laker14 caladonia is a young team and does need improvement but they still have a couple of years ahead of them which will help them in the long run. And McAdam has a strong team but isn't as mentally tough as they could be. During games i have experienced when they are losing by 20 or so they start to shut down and become more aggresive and pick up fouls which can hurt them this weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer61

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm

i will say caledonia wins it all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Today at 12:45 am

Back to top Go down

Harbour Station Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top