HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Harbour Station Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 pm

That's good that they can shoot three's if they go in, because if they don't.. There not going to get a second try at it McAdam will get the rebound. And exactly one player team easy to shut off and get in his head! But we will see this weekend I guess. But who every wins do not stand a chance against Hartland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer61

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

what are u saying !! caledonia can beat hartland for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm

And what makes you think that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer61

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 pm

what makes u think they cant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 pm

I am not sure who the one player team is but if you think its Caledonia you couldn't be more wrong. On most nights the one player you mentioned has almost as many assists as points. they are well rounded and I am not sure if they can win but they will sure give it a try. I wouldn't give anything to anyone just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballar69

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Hartland and Harvey do have the edge over some of the other teams but they are not unbeatable to teams like Caledonia, I think if Caledonia plays well enough they can possibly beat Hartland in an upset win on their home court
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer61

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:39 pm

caledonia is not a one player team they work well with each other soo i dont no what u are talking about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 pm

That is true it is not over Caladonia may just be able to pull it off being at home, but Hartland also can play defense for than any team in the league, there points will come natural from all players and their defense will keep them in it even if their shots arnt going, an if Caladonia's shots arnt dropping cause they will not be able to get inside, there done! It's not all about offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 pm

hartland does have an edge over caladonia because they can only try and shoot against hartland. If caladonia was to try and put the ball in the key hartland would easily pick it off. Hartland also can shoot threes aswell as get the ball in the middle of they key and be smart with the ball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm

They can get inside. I've seen them do it. Honest even against hartland. But really who cares they need to focus on one thing right now and thats there next game and nothing beyond that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:02 pm

That is very true ballnut! Take one game at a time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Lakers14 wrote:
That is true it is not over Caladonia may just be able to pull it off being at home, but Hartland also can play defense for than any team in the league, there points will come natural from all players and their defense will keep them in it even if their shots arnt going, an if Caladonia's shots arnt dropping cause they will not be able to get inside, there done! It's not all about offense.
So basically your saying caledonia has the same problem as every other team in A including harvey just like I stated earlier. If the long bomb doesn't fall it will be a long night against Hartland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Yes I do feel that is true there defense is too good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I can promise one thing for sure regardless of who goes to hs it should be one hell of a final . If all hartland and caledonia keep all there players they should be strong for a few years and as usual harvey always is throw gm in there A will be entertaining for the next few years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 pm

It should be an interesting couple of years ahead for all teams in the league. All teams want it but who will go and get it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Caledonia has NO chance to upset Hartland. I was in the stands watching them play in the Devon tounrament.. They smashed them by 50 points and looked like they played their bench most of the second half! My prediction is Hartland goes to Caledonia this weekend and cleans every team up winning every game 40 plus. Then meet Harvey in Harbor. It should be a good game. Harvey HAS to rely on the 3 ball and are not as skilled as Hartland in the paint. Hartland has two bigs that rip up down low on offense and defense. Number 4 from Hartland is the best point guard in the A league. He would run around almost everybody in AA and possibly AAA. Harvey has some fire power though. They have Kitchen who can shoot with a hand in his face no problem and a decent point guard. Both teams will come prepared and will be a great game to watch. HARTLAND win by 13.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

POTHIER when healthy is the best. Bigs are good. rest of paragraph......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Have to agree with ballnut there, Baller14 you must play for Hartland and if I were you I wouldn't be worrying what is going on on hooplife. And I don't think Hartland could beat Harvey that much in HS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Lakers14 wrote:
Have to agree with ballnut there, Baller14 you must play for Hartland and if I were you I wouldn't be worrying what is going on on hooplife. And I don't think Hartland could beat Harvey that much in HS.
Definitely not a player of hartland, Lakers14. Just a fan of how they play the game. My playing years are far behind me lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm

In my personal opinion i think if it boils down to hartland and harvey in hs it would be an even game all the way to the end of the fourth quarter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrior98

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Lakers14 you know what's up! McAdam can beat Calidonia any day of the week. The way they play is almost warrior like and that's the way we use to do it! Agressive, big and "balls to the wall" basketball baby!! Also watch out for the Eagles this weekend. Oh and the baller14 situation: does anybody outside of "us" actually come to this website? Didn't even think about any of the teams knowing about this site! I thought here in Fredericton was the only place we got Internet in the province haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 pm

What are your thoughts for AA boys? I've been to a few games Carlton north has played. They are a squad that makes their opponent upset due to their strong defense. They also can put the ball in the net. They are heading over to Tantranar with the 4th ranked team, Rothesay high.. Matchup at semi finals Carlton north over Rothesay by 5. Woodstock has to once again go back down to St. Stephen. My prediction is Woodstock looses the semis by 10 to St. Stephen. Mcshane goes off. We will most likely be seeing Carlton north and St. Stephen at Harbor Station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:39 am

Baller14 wrote:
....... Harvey HAS to rely on the 3 ball and are not as skilled as Hartland in the paint. Hartland has two bigs that rip up down low on offense and defense. Number 4 from Hartland is the best point guard in the A league. He would run around almost everybody in AA and possibly AAA. Harvey has some fire power though. They have Kitchen who can shoot with a hand in his face no problem and a decent point guard. Both teams will come prepared and will be a great game to watch. HARTLAND win by 13.

Harveys wings have be scorching the "BIGS" of Hartland and Harvey doesn't have to rely on the three but it is a big part of their offense , but if it is not falling they can post up if needed , just haven't needed to so far. Hartland is a great young team and yes very skilled but they are no so far ahead of the pack , just like every team they have their weaknesses......bottom line is Harvey has out played Hartland to this point , but by a very slim margin. I expect a HS final that will be like the 3 games they have played a win within 5 , but for who we will have to wait and watch the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:50 am

ballnut wrote:
POTHIER when healthy is the best. Bigs are good. rest of paragraph......

Pothier is good but needs to toughen up....Orser is the best point in A and maybe in the province. He has a well rounded game. As for the bigs...Hartland has not been using their bigs to their potential in my opinion. The Sam kid from Harvey is as good a big as anyone in A this year...he is tough, has a nice power step and keeps the ball high at all times.Saying that Harvey has no inside game is simply not true. If a team gets hot from the 3...why stop shooting them...ride the wave but if Harvey starts to miss them, they certainly have other options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 am

I think that the Harbour Station picks are a tough draw this year:

In A boys going with Harvey and Hartland is a pretty safe bet though Caledonia could be in the mix.

In AA the Rothesay Girls and CNHS boys will probably come out of their sectionals pretty easily. IN AAA the FHS boys and girls hosting sectionals should both be solid picks too.

But in both A girls sectionals and in at least 1 sectional in AA/ AAA boys and girls divisions there appears to be a pool of death with 2-3 teams that could come out.

A Girls JC Sectional - JC or Caledonia maybe Harvey
A Girls PEtti Sectional - Petti, GM, DP, Stanley all on a good day.

AA boys SSHS sectional - St. Stephen or Woodstock
AA girls TRHS sectional - TRHS, SVHS, FHS

AAA Boys MHS REgional - KVHS's to lose but MHS, HTHS are tough.

AAA girls BMHS REgional - BMHS, KVHS, Woodstock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station Predictions   Today at 5:42 am

Back to top Go down

Harbour Station Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next