HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 am

The LEC is now a one-stop BC high school hoops stop, hosting eight BC tourneys including boys 4A by 2014

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02/13/lec-now-one-stop-bc-high-school-hoops-stop-eight-bc-tourneys-including-boys-4a-by-2014/

And finally, a fourth tier in BC, and like has been said before, holding basically all the Provincial Championships for boys and girls in one place is a great thing for everyone.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 am

I am so excited with what lies ahead for the future of High School basketball. These changes have been many many years in the works and huge credit needs to go BCHSBBA's past president's James Johnston & Ted Cusick for all their hard work. I think that the players, coaches and fans will really enjoy the 4 tiers and with the LEC being on board it makes it even greater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 pm

I too am a fan of this.

The LEC is absolutely perfect for hosting these tournaments. There is no finer facility in BC for hoops from either a player or fan perspective.

And finally the A and AA tiers and and as importantly the girls, will enjoy the deserved equal billing of the AAA tier.

I have not seen details on how the fourth tier will be implemented, but I am hopeful at the end of the day the extra banner will mean more kids competing in March.

It is a year away and this years tournies have yet to be played but I am already excited!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop   Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

ronh_pm wrote:

I have not seen details on how the fourth tier will be implemented, but I am hopeful at the end of the day the extra banner will mean more kids competing in March.

The 4 tiers will likely have roughly 62 teams in each tier or a quarter of all the private/public Sr. boys basketball teams in the province.

Apporx. 24 schools will move from AA to AAA, and 63 schools will move from AAA to the the new AAAA tier.
The AAA will have approx. 40 fewer teams vying for a provincial championship in that tier.

A-tier school has 1-85 senior boys enrolled, AA-tier school has 86-199, AAA-tier school 200 -299 and a AAAA-tier school 300+ senior boys.

Read more: http://www.vancourier.com/sports/High+school+hoops+AAAA+tier/6628915/story.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop   Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
ronh_pm wrote:

The 4 tiers will likely have roughly 62 teams in each tier or a quarter of all the private/public Sr. boys basketball teams in the province.
Apporx. 24 schools will move from AA to AAA, and 63 schools will move from AAA to the the new AAAA tier.
The AAA will have approx. 40 fewer teams vying for a provincial championship in that tier.
A-tier school has 1-85 senior boys enrolled, AA-tier school has 86-199, AAA-tier school 200 -299 and a AAAA-tier school 300+ senior boys.

We have ben going through a process to determine what the numbers will be in each tier as the number one priority is to have four balanced tiers. The number cut-offs will be different from what is above. I believe each tier will have around 66 teams and each of the Provincial tournaments will be 16 team events. This will be an increase overall of 12 more teams getting to compete in the BC's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop   Today at 5:26 am

Back to top Go down

LEC now one-stop BC high school hoops stop
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1