HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Harbour Station winners?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lakers14

PostSubject: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm

A Boys- Hartland by 10
A Girls- Devon by 4

AA Boys- CNHS by 15
AA Girls- ?

AAA Boys- Fredericton
AAA Girls- Fredericton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:28 pm

A Boys - Hartland in OT.
A girls - Caledonia by 15+.

AA girls - RHS by 10+
AA boys - WHS by a hoop.

AAA girls - FHS by 10
AAA boys - KVHS by 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 pm

A Girls - Caledonia by 12
A Boys - Hartland by 5 (The only really close game of the weekend)

AA Girls - Rothesay by 15+
AA Boys - Carleton North by 15

AAA Girls - FHS by 8
AAA Boys - FHS by 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 am

Good to see Thunder as a underdog, so when they win it will be a upset...Go Thunder Go.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 am

Nice to see all the predictions for the A boys final. I have watched all games between Hartland and Harvey and they have been classics. Harvey has won 2 at home and lost in Hartland. With neither team having home court at Harbour Station, it should be a good one. Harvye has been acused of not having an inside game. Truth si they have 3 or 4 players that are good on the inside. Final will be an excellent game. Both teams play hard and play fair, which you do not see to often. GO LAKERS GO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 am

Boys A game should be a great one probably decided by fewer than 5 points from the history between these two. Both teams are sending two players to the All-star game as well. My prediction based on experience and past results puts Harvey as a 3 point winner but I love watching these two teams battle as they both play a clean game against each other. Go Lakers Go !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mustang

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:19 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Boys A game should be a great one probably decided by fewer than 5 points from the history between these two. Both teams are sending two players to the All-star game as well. My prediction based on experience and past results puts Harvey as a 3 point winner but I love watching these two teams battle as they both play a clean game against each other. Go Lakers Go !!!!

I agree it should be a good one. I think both teams respect each other, so that makes for some good ball. Lakers will have their hands full, but if they play their game they should come out on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
A Boys - Hartland in OT.
A girls - Caledonia by 15+.

AA girls - RHS by 10+
AA boys - WHS by a hoop.

AAA girls - FHS by 10
AAA boys - KVHS by 5.
This is the most accurate i see with the exception if the A game I will say huskies by a dozen. Oh and of course go Caledonia bring it home ladies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball4fun

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I think its all pretty accurate as well but DP girls are very underestimated! Hartland Boys are gonna take it by 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrior98

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm

A Boys- I love to see this matchup in the Final. The team that hasn't been here in what feels like forever and the team that is coming in as the defending champion. In the matchups between the two teams we've seen this year the home team has come out the winner each time. At Harbour it's anyone's game! On a neutral court between basically the only two teams in A basketball I won't even predict a winner. I'll only predict that it will be a game determined by single digits.

AA Boys- It's all about the Thunder in this one! With three teams at the station from Carleton County, this years final is going to be the loudest in years! Just like the crowd that use to show up to the Warriors games years ago! I know for a fact that I will be there cheering on the Warriors this weekend! I don't think Carleton Nprth has the chemistry that Woodstock does. They rely to much on talent. Woodstock has a group of players that each bring a unique skill to the court. CN will rely too much on shooting. Hope the Thunder come out with defence on their minds like I did every time I put on my Warriors jersey! Woodstock takes it by 15+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedevils 96-00

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm

A Boys- I have to agree with warrior on this. Hartland and Harvey have went at it each time they played. Each team won on home court, making harbour anyones game to win. I do give the slight edge to Hartland, as they have power down low and can shoot the lights out. Harvey on the other hand, live or die from the 3 ball, as we saw in Harvey against DP on the weekend. A measly 10 point win over someone Hartland blew out by 40.

AA Boys- Carleton North has a clear advantage here. Even though Woodstock wins big games in big situations, i dont think they will be able to pull it off here unless the Stars explode from lack of chemistry. Im predicting a 15 point win for the stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm

bluedevils 96-00 wrote:
A Boys- I do give the slight edge to Hartland, as they have power down low and can shoot the lights out. Harvey on the other hand, live or die from the 3 ball, as we saw in Harvey against DP on the weekend. A measly 10 point win over someone Hartland blew out by 40..

I think Harveys (2) two All-star BIGS can hold there own pretty well and they have lots of great shooters themselves......and I didn't think I saw you at the game against DP on the weekend ( you were probably in Caledonia watching Hartland destroy Stanley by 55) , I would hardly say it was a measley win , more like a battle against a team that never quits in DP....oh and if all we had to do was compare blow outs then Harvey blew DP away by 50 , 28 and 25 earlier this year......btw welcome to HoopLife newbie Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm

I guess people can say what they want, in the AA final|(boys), I do not see either the stars or Thunder blowing out the other team, I do see a hard fought battle, I will say that I am a Thunder follower and do like what I see, the bench is playing so much better then earlier in the season, Woodstock does play a good sound Defense, if they can keep out of foul trouble, I see a Woodstock win, I actually did not think they would be there in the Finals at the first of the year, then they made me into a believer, The Thunder went into St. Stephen this past weekend, where many had written them off, so they prove people wrong there and then again this coming weekend... Go Thunder Go...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
bluedevils 96-00 wrote:
A Boys- I do give the slight edge to Hartland, as they have power down low and can shoot the lights out. Harvey on the other hand, live or die from the 3 ball, as we saw in Harvey against DP on the weekend. A measly 10 point win over someone Hartland blew out by 40..

I think Harveys (2) two All-star BIGS can hold there own pretty well and they have lots of great shooters themselves......and I didn't think I saw you at the game against DP on the weekend ( you were probably in Caledonia watching Hartland destroy Stanley by 55) , I would hardly say it was a measley win , more like a battle against a team that never quits in DP....oh and if all we had to do was compare blow outs then Harvey blew DP away by 50 , 28 and 25 earlier this year......btw welcome to HoopLife newbie Smile

First of all you must be a player from Harvey. If so this is no website for players.. Hartland ALSO has two players playing in the All star game. I would compare Kitchen(Harvey) to Orser(Hartland).. Both players can shoot very well. Kitchen may have the height on Orser but Orser is the one of the best, or the best point guard in the province. He can also battle in the paint better than most post players in this league. Both all around players but I would take Orser over kitchen.. Hartland shut kitchen down last time they played. He only scored what? 10 points? Compare that to his usual 25 or 30 they did excellent. The other all stars, Sam(Harvey) and zachary(Hartland) are both good post players. About the same inside but Zachary has a more consistent outside shot and I find he can finish inside better than Sam can. But Sam can really play everything. He is a good all around player. He can not only play the post he can handle the ball decently. And when Harvey "blew" Devon park away by 50 points Devon was missing their 2 best players. When hartland played them IN DEVON'S GYM they won by 40. I do believe when both teams play the best they can Hartland will win by 10+.. Can't wait until the game on the weekend, may the best team win!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:08 pm

I have seen both of these team play a fair bit and from what I have seen, it's gonna come down to the less talked about players and how they contribute.

Hartland 83 Harvey 79
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Baller14 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
bluedevils 96-00 wrote:

First of all you must be a player from Harvey. If so this is no website for players.. Hartland ALSO has two players playing in the All star game. I would compare Kitchen(Harvey) to Orser(Hartland).. Both players can shoot very well. Kitchen may have the height on Orser but Orser is the one of the best, or the best point guard in the province. He can also battle in the paint better than most post players in this league. Both all around players but I would take Orser over kitchen.. Hartland shut kitchen down last time they played. He only scored what? 10 points? Compare that to his usual 25 or 30 they did excellent. The other all stars, Sam(Harvey) and zachary(Hartland) are both good post players. About the same inside but Zachary has a more consistent outside shot and I find he can finish inside better than Sam can. But Sam can really play everything. He is a good all around player. He can not only play the post he can handle the ball decently. And when Harvey "blew" Devon park away by 50 points Devon was missing their 2 best players. When hartland played them IN DEVON'S GYM they won by 40. I do believe when both teams play the best they can Hartland will win by 10+.. Can't wait until the game on the weekend, may the best team win!!!

Are you saying that players are not allowed to post on this site? Come'on really? If you happen to look at my posts I have always said that Hartland and Harvey are very well matched (you mentioned that Nick was held to 10 points but Zach was also held to 10 points) and the game can really go either way , I love watching them play.....and unless they bring in a new rule that 40 year olds can play I can assure you that I am not a player from Harvey....but I have watched all these players grow up and play basketball together since they were in grade 4 , watched them play as a team and win a mini , midget and varsity championship throughout their careers and have seen people dismiss them and put them down as a team, yet they have always come though........bottom line is I guess we should just wait and let them play and see who comes out on top .......I myself am also looking forward to watching an exciting game Friday night and if you are up for it I'll even buy you a beer after the game to show there are no hard feelings......assuming of course you are over 19 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Baller14 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
bluedevils 96-00 wrote:

Are you saying that players are not allowed to post on this site? Come'on really? If you happen to look at my posts I have always said that Hartland and Harvey are very well matched (you mentioned that Nick was held to 10 points but Zach was also held to 10 points) and the game can really go either way , I love watching them play.....and unless they bring in a new rule that 40 year olds can play I can assure you that I am not a player from Harvey....but I have watched all these players grow up and play basketball together since they were in grade 4 , watched them play as a team and win a mini , midget and varsity championship throughout their careers and have seen people dismiss them and put them down as a team, yet they have always come though........bottom line is I guess we should just wait and let them play and see who comes out on top .......I myself am also looking forward to watching an exciting game Friday night and if you are up for it I'll even buy you a beer after the game to show there are no hard feelings......assuming of course you are over 19 Smile
Passion that is why I love this sport so much and for the most part it's crazy fans. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laker9

PostSubject: hp   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm

baller 14 u really cant say that sam ( from harvey) cant finish and cant shoot cause if u watch him play he can shoot and finsh in the paint he has most of the inside point except for curtis and kitchin they harvey 4 or 5 big guys that can finsih very well. and for everyone saying that thats hartland point gaured is the top in single a i think there wrong grand manan point gaured can out shoot anyone any day of the week and can play out standing and can big anyone in the paint. both hartland and harvey are both very skilled teams they both play fair but its gonna come down to who wants it the most and who plays the hardest if harvey come out and play like they have been they wont harve a problem winning for the second year in a row. alot of people say hardland has a better point gaured then harvey i would have to agree but just remamber hareys point gaured is only in grad 10!!! its gonna be a great game cant wait to watch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm

I have only seen 3 harvey games but from what I have seen if they have to rely on inside game against Hartland it will be a very long night for them. As a guy who loves defence I have not seen better than hartlands all year. Having said that I have seen no team shoot like Harvey. ps spelling does count some, your post is quite a mess and a little hard to figure out so take a breath and relax before you go on a rant and try to express yourself in a manner we can all understand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 am

ballnut wrote:
I have only seen 3 harvey games but from what I have seen if they have to rely on inside game against Hartland it will be a very long night for them. As a guy who loves defence I have not seen better than hartlands all year. Having said that I have seen no team shoot like Harvey. ps spelling does count some, your post is quite a mess and a little hard to figure out so take a breath and relax before you go on a rant and try to express yourself in a manner we can all understand. Very Happy

No offense but if you haven't seen better defense then Hartland's all year, you might want to come back in on Saturday to watch the AA - AAA finals too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
ballnut wrote:

No offense but if you haven't seen better defense then Hartland's all year, you might want to come back in on Saturday to watch the AA - AAA finals too.

Naw I heard that there was going to be a bunch of inflated egos there watching and us poor rural non AAA schools may feel inferior to the bigs wheels.........ummmmm not!!!!!! Friday night is where it's at!!!!!

Oh and no offense meant Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:12 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
ballnut wrote:

Naw I heard that there was going to be a bunch of inflated egos there watching and us poor rural non AAA schools may feel inferior to the bigs wheels.........ummmmm not!!!!!! Friday night is where it's at!!!!!

Oh and no offense meant Smile

Relax there beeball4life....There is no offence meant to Hartland, but I think what DJR was saying is that if Hartland is the best defensive team you have seen all year, you need to get out more...I mean seriously....have you seen the Carleton North scores vs Hartland and Harvey? They are both good teams, but they do not win with defence....at least not at the same level as some of these other teams. Oh, and stop feeling sorry for yourself....Nobody is aking you to feel inferior.....it is what it is....

Hartland will still win....and so will Carleton North....and so will KV....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

ummmm Common Sense my post was a lighthearted jab at CoachDJR for an earlier comment he had made using those exact words about Single A schools........and don't worry no one is feeling sorry for themslves plus for a nickname like common sense you seem to be lacking.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
ballnut wrote:

none taken. I was simply talking about those 2 teams because A is where my poor deprived child has to play.(joke) lf I had the luxury of 40 hours in a day I would see more. But now that the season is over for us we will be there on Saturday to see what real defence looks like. I am getting giddy just thinking about it. But I still think the best final will be in A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm

According to the DP varsity tournament posts, it looks like Hartland gave up 81 points to KV's jv squad. I think its defensive abilities may be a tad overrated but they may be good enough to get the job done on Friday night. As they say, defense win championships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Today at 1:01 am

Back to top Go down

Harbour Station winners?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next