HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Harbour Station winners?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Red Auerbach wrote:
According to the DP varsity tournament posts, it looks like Hartland gave up 81 points to KV's jv squad. I think its defensive abilities may be a tad overrated but they may be good enough to get the job done on Friday night. As they say, defense win championships.
absolutely I was there I saw it. I also saw them come from a twenty point deficit at half to beat a AAA team to win the championship. And the defence was rock solid for an A class school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Common Sense wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
ballnut wrote:
I have only seen 3 harvey games but from what I have seen if they have to rely on inside game against Hartland it will be a very long night for them. As a guy who loves defence I have not seen better than hartlands all year. Having said that I have seen no team shoot like Harvey. ps spelling does count some, your post is quite a mess and a little hard to figure out so take a breath and relax before you go on a rant and try to express yourself in a manner we can all understand. Very Happy

No offense but if you haven't seen better defense then Hartland's all year, you might want to come back in on Saturday to watch the AA - AAA finals too.

Naw I heard that there was going to be a bunch of inflated egos there watching and us poor rural non AAA schools may feel inferior to the bigs wheels.........ummmmm not!!!!!! Friday night is where it's at!!!!!

Oh and no offense meant Smile

Relax there beeball4life....There is no offence meant to Hartland, but I think what DJR was saying is that if Hartland is the best defensive team you have seen all year, you need to get out more...I mean seriously....have you seen the Carleton North scores vs Hartland and Harvey? They are both good teams, but they do not win with defence....at least not at the same level as some of these other teams. Oh, and stop feeling sorry for yourself....Nobody is aking you to feel inferior.....it is what it is....

Hartland will still win....and so will Carleton North....and so will KV....

Dang Common Sense, with those prediction , I hope your getting a pro line on those choices of winners I agree with the Hartland one, but that's all, My moneys with Freddy and the THUNDER.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 am

Hartland's Defense is no match or should even be mentioned the best in the province. maybe A? the two best defensive teams in AA will be facing eachother and also AAA. defense wins championships! as for AA my money will be with CNHS altho I will not be surprised if Woodstock sticks around or wins, Scott Jones is a great coach and will have those guys ready to fight and battle. AAA - i will take FHS over KV, however all the heat is on nissen to step up and show his CIS - D1 offers. if he plays bad or gets caught up on himself which he has in the past, FHS by 10+. Don't get me wrong Nissan is a great player i just find he gets caught up on himself and loses his head in games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 am

Who said anything about best in province. I said the best I have seen referring to A. Then I even said in A. Perhaps I need to use a suffix that's understood. Duh duh duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 am

"As a guy who loves defence I have not seen better than hartlands all year" Ballnut, I think this line is what caught our attention. Then you defended giving up 81 points to a JV team by bragging about beating SJHS. That's the first time anyone bragged about beating them all season. Bring the D friday night and all will be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

coachnb6 wrote:
Hartland's Defense is no match or should even be mentioned the best in the province. maybe A? the two best defensive teams in AA will be facing eachother and also AAA. defense wins championships! as for AA my money will be with CNHS altho I will not be surprised if Woodstock sticks around or wins, Scott Jones is a great coach and will have those guys ready to fight and battle. AAA - i will take FHS over KV, however all the heat is on nissen to step up and show his CIS - D1 offers. if he plays bad or gets caught up on himself which he has in the past, FHS by 10+. Don't get me wrong Nissan is a great player i just find he gets caught up on himself and loses his head in games.

Jones a great coach? Anyone see the AA final last year...Taylor outcoached Woodstock in every way....lets not get ahead of ourselves....there are a lot of great coaches left. The Carleton North coaches are no slouch as any of the coaches left...they will have that team prepared. I mean seriously, look at Vaughn from KV, Cotter, King, MacMullin, Brain.....there are a lot of credentials there. I have maintained from the beginning Carleton north is 15 points better and I am sticking to it. I do agree with Nissen. NCAA D1? Seriously? No offence, but most of those teams are on a different planet than CIS....Nissen is a great player for New Brunswick...that being said....If he steps up they win, if not, FHS takes it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am

I think Harv/Hart will be a good game. If I had to bet, I honestly don't know which way I would go. The size of the court favors Hartland but the experience is on Harvey's side. I honestly think the game will come down to who grits it out under the basket. Orser and Kitchen are most always going to get their respective 20-30pts but the 2 guys that are really going to matter are Foster/Sam....the 1 that steps up between these 2 may make the differance in a win/loss....just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 am

Common Sense wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:

Jones a great coach? Anyone see the AA final last year...Taylor outcoached Woodstock in every way....lets not get ahead of ourselves....there are a lot of great coaches left. The Carleton North coaches are no slouch as any of the coaches left...they will have that team prepared. I mean seriously, look at Vaughn from KV, Cotter, King, MacMullin, Brain.....there are a lot of credentials there. I have maintained from the beginning Carleton north is 15 points better and I am sticking to it. I do agree with Nissen. NCAA D1? Seriously? No offence, but most of those teams are on a different planet than CIS....Nissen is a great player for New Brunswick...that being said....If he steps up they win, if not, FHS takes it.

How many times has Jones been there in the last 10years? He is a great coach and get absolutely everything there is to get out of those kids!! CN should win by 10+ but I taking WHS by a pair.
BTW-all no disprespect...the other coaches you mentioned are top notch as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am

celtic wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:

How many times has Jones been there in the last 10years? He is a great coach and get absolutely everything there is to get out of those kids!! CN should win by 10+ but I taking WHS by a pair.

no disprespect about taylor but everyone had St.Stephen and Cn at harbour station. everyone counted out woodstock. Jones has many championships and with that experience makes him a respected coach. every game woodstock played this year they were in, no blow outs. CNHS with the additon of Gray as a Ast coach benefits them and it showed this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 pm

coachnb6 wrote:
celtic wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:

no disprespect about taylor but everyone had St.Stephen and Cn at harbour station. everyone counted out woodstock. Jones has many championships and with that experience makes him a respected coach. every game woodstock played this year they were in, no blow outs. CNHS with the additon of Gray as a Ast coach benefits them and it showed this season.

I think Carleton North blew them out once....Hey, I think it will be a good game, but I think Carleton North is the better team and will win going away....Dunlop has done a lot with nowhere near the talent that Woodstock had...now CN has the talent and it is their turn....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Common Sense wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
celtic wrote:
Common Sense wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:

I think Carleton North blew them out once....Hey, I think it will be a good game, but I think Carleton North is the better team and will win going away....Dunlop has done a lot with nowhere near the talent that Woodstock had...now CN has the talent and it is their turn....

Yah..with Burlock and Carr both on the bench
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:24 pm

benefits for Hartland and CNHS will be how the big guys play, Foster,hamilton play. as for cnhs mahdrid James and Thomas walsh i believe his name is will have to play big for them if they plan on winning. with only carr and lawrence for woodstock for bigs cnhs has a huge mismatch there. Ebbett and K.Gray will score there points. burlock will be the difference if woodstock wants to win. other side note is bench play in this game, cnhs has a huge advantage in this field all year, the floor being that much bigger players will get tired and subs will have to be made more. Woodstock has a limted supporting cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

coachnb6 wrote:
benefits for Hartland and CNHS will be how the big guys play, Foster,hamilton play. as for cnhs mahdrid James and Thomas walsh i believe his name is will have to play big for them if they plan on winning. with only carr and lawrence for woodstock for bigs cnhs has a huge mismatch there. Ebbett and K.Gray will score there points. burlock will be the difference if woodstock wants to win. other side note is bench play in this game, cnhs has a huge advantage in this field all year, the floor being that much bigger players will get tired and subs will have to be made more. Woodstock has a limted supporting cast.
Woodstock Bench is playing alot better now then they have in the past, and actually pretty sure last time I watched a game it was a team effort, not just 2 or 3 players, I think each team will come out and play hard to prove each and every poster wrong, that they do belong there this weekend, I am still sticking with THUNDER, I say the little guys will make the difference in this one, little equals speed...GO THUNDER GO ..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Common Sense wrote:

I'm trying to remember the last time CN won a banner in Sr Boys........nope, not old enough to remember that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 am

I would like to wish all Teams the Best of LUCK in their quest for the Provincial Banner this weekend...GOOD LUCK TO ALL, keep it on the floor......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am

Lace'em up and leave it all on the floor........GO LAKERS GO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Predictions:

'A' Girls - ok...hands up for people who predicted this final...that is what I thought. Caledonia by 7. What happened to the so called JC dynasty??

'A' Boys - I have a bad feeling about this game...most everyone is picking Hartland..that usually means the other team wins...'Hooligan High' by 5. I really hope I'm wrong...

Saturday...other than the 'AA' boys final...the rest should be a bore....

'AA' Girls - Is there a game that people care less about? Ya...neither do I...wake me when the 'AA' Boys game starts... Sleep

'AA' Boys - Teams you do not want to bet against once they reach this stage - GM, the Evil Empire and Woodstock...the Warri...err...Thunder by 4. If CN wins, that would be good too...

'AAA' - Girls & Boys - the 'Evil Empire' will win both games without much problem. No..KV is not going to win.........again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm

If hartland was to play there defence they win over harvey

Woodstock over cnhs cause they can pull out victories at thre right times

And fredericton over kvhs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Caledonia up 39-20 over dp at half......

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Predictions:

'A' Girls - ok...hands up for people who predicted this final...that is what I thought. Caledonia by 7. What happened to the so called JC dynasty??

'A' Boys - I have a bad feeling about this game...most everyone is picking Hartland..that usually means the other team wins...'Hooligan High' by 5. I really hope I'm wrong...

Saturday...other than the 'AA' boys final...the rest should be a bore....

'AA' Girls - Is there a game that people care less about? Ya...neither do I...wake me when the 'AA' Boys game starts... Sleep

'AA' Boys - Teams you do not want to bet against once they reach this stage - GM, the Evil Empire and Woodstock...the Warri...err...Thunder by 4. If CN wins, that would be good too...

'AAA' - Girls & Boys - the 'Evil Empire' will win both games without much problem. No..KV is not going to win.........again.

Can you explain to me what my son and his team has done to be called a hooligan in your eyes Doug? The 80's are over .....thank god......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Congrats to Hartland, they deserved the win tonight. Well played game by both teams, it was fun to watch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 am

ballnut wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
A Boys - Hartland in OT.
A girls - Caledonia by 15+.

AA girls - RHS by 10+
AA boys - WHS by a hoop.

AAA girls - FHS by 10
AAA boys - KVHS by 5.
This is the most accurate i see with the exception if the A game I will say huskies by a dozen. Oh and of course go Caledonia bring it home ladies
A dozen it was and way to go ladies you are champs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 am

Congrats Huskies ......well played game and you weathered the third period run....good game Lakers way to never quit......shout out to my son Ryan Corey great high school basketball career and to all the graduating players......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Project-Alice

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Can anyone direct me to where I may find stats on the three games that have happened so far?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Project-Alice wrote:
Can anyone direct me to where I may find stats on the three games that have happened so far?

Try this site

http://www.thefinal12.com/?page_id=27
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station winners?   Today at 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Harbour Station winners?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next