HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MagicMan



Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 am

After this weekend, we can rank the following;

1. WRCA - Currently on a 19-1 run and three major tournament wins Best team in the province right now with 2 recent wins over WG.
2. Walnut Grove - starting to play like the pre-season #1. Would be a great final WG vs WRCA
3. Yale - light schedule showed tonight, but don't count this team out
4 St. George's - if this team gets on a roll, can beat anyone
5. Kitsilano - starting to play better after a torrid 5 week start to the season
6. Tamanawis - young team with the best player in BC (S Bains)
7. Winston Churchill
8. Pitt Meadows
9. Oak Bay
10 W.J. Mouat


These are, at this point in time, the TOP 10 teams in B.C..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:14 am

MagicMan wrote:
After this weekend, we can rank the following;

1. WRCA - Currently on a 19-1 run and three major tournament wins Best team in the province right now with 2 recent wins over WG.
2. Walnut Grove - starting to play like the pre-season #1. Would be a great final WG vs WRCA
3. Yale - light schedule showed tonight, but don't count this team out
4 St. George's - if this team gets on a roll, can beat anyone
5. Kitsilano - starting to play better after a torrid 5 week start to the season
6. Tamanawis - young team with the best player in BC (S Bains)
7. Winston Churchill
8. Pitt Meadows
9. Oak Bay
10 W.J. Mouat


These are, at this point in time, the TOP 10 teams in B.C..

Great list, pretty much on point.
My Personal Top 10 for this week
1. Walnut Grove
2. Yale
3. St. Georges
4. WRCA
5. Kitsilano
6. Tamanawis
7. Churchill
8. Pitt
9. Oak Bay
10. Lord Tweedsmuir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013



Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 am

Great action at Yale tonight. Yale played hard but WG showed resiliency and poise when Yale shot the lights out in 1st quarter and fought their way back and took the lead in 2nd. It was tied up 41 at half when WG came out like a runaway train. Their dominance on the defensive glass and transitioned for easy scores. Before you knew it they outscored them something to effect of 38-11. Yale had no answer for their intense D. They were very tentative and their key players couldn't get anything going. They look beaten and demoralized by the end of the 3rd and the game was pretty much over although they did score some late 3s in 4th. Yale plays their starters all game where as Grove starters got into foul trouble and had to sit out long stretches and their bench was outstanding.

As far as WG starting to play like a number 1 - they've only lost 3 all year, one to Gleneagle in which they beat them by 40 in the rematch and 2 close losses to an excellent WRCA squad in tournament finals otherwise they've played a tough schedule and beat everyone handily.

#1 Rankings this week

1) WG
2) WRCA
3) Yale
4) St. George
5) Kits
6) Tamanawis
7) Pitt Meadows
Cool Oak Bay
9) Mouat
10) Churchill

Will be some more great match ups in Fraser Valley's including a possible 3rd WRCA vs Walnut Grove match-up with several of the best players in the Province.


Last edited by DickVitale2013 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mason2013



Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 am

.


Last edited by mason2013 on Tue May 07, 2013 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:44 am

mason2013 wrote:
Was at the final game at Pitt Meadows this evening. Injury to Pitt Meadows Jordan Rich may take them out of that top 10 spot. Once Jordan went out with injury Pitt Meadows wasn't much of a factor and it looked serious.

Too bad about Rich, hopefully it isn't too serious, Pitt has really been rolling as of late and without their big man their chances of getting out of the valley plummet dramatically.

mason2013 wrote:
On another note, can anyone tell me the name of Gleneagle's number 11 guard is? That kid had an unbelieveable game. Nice hustle, longer than he looks.

#11 on Gleneagle is Brenden Bailey formerly of Byrne Creek, he is a real good young PG in Gr.11, DRIVE player who's had some good summers on the US AAU circuit, has a nice game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mason2013



Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 am

Yes I agree he has a really nice game. Especially showed tonight. Didn't realize he was another Drive player. His defensive skills were equally matched to his offensive skills. Not to mention how well he sees the court. Could definately see the American game. Kudos to whoever has been coaching him, not really sure who to give that credit to but I enjoyed watching Gleneagle because of his play tonight.


Last edited by mason2013 on Tue May 07, 2013 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woodenpaidhisplayers2



Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 pm

mason2013 wrote:
Yes I agree he has a really nice game. Especially showed tonight. Didn't realize he was another Drive player. His defensive skills were equally matched to his offensive skills (didn't know Drive taught that) Not to mention how well he sees the court. Could definately see the American game. Kudos to whoever has been coaching him, not really sure who to give that credit to but I enjoyed watching Gleneagle because of his play tonight.


--When you don't credit the coach of the school team it looks as though you have an agenda. When you mention Drive multiple times and dont mention the volunteer work of coach Scott, you look like a fraud. Drive, BB BC, Athelite, 3D make money off kids. When a volunteer bust his hump to teach (not just coach) young men how to play the game on both sides of the ball YOU SHOULD RECOGNIZE. affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoons



Posts : 48
Join date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Is this thread for the top 10 teams in the province? Or the top 10 teams in AAA?
Please clarify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mason2013



Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Woodenpaidhisplayers2 wrote:
mason2013 wrote:
Yes I agree he has a really nice game. Especially showed tonight. Didn't realize he was another Drive player. His defensive skills were equally matched to his offensive skills (didn't know Drive taught that) Not to mention how well he sees the court. Could definately see the American game. Kudos to whoever has been coaching him, not really sure who to give that credit to but I enjoyed watching Gleneagle because of his play tonight.


--When you don't credit the coach of the school team it looks as though you have an agenda. When you mention Drive multiple times and dont mention the volunteer work of coach Scott, you look like a fraud. Drive, BB BC, Athelite, 3D make money off kids. When a volunteer bust his hump to teach (not just coach) young men how to play the game on both sides of the ball YOU SHOULD RECOGNIZE.


Wast trying to discredit the volunteer work of coach Scott at all....If he is the coach that worked on this young man's defensive skills, then yes Kudos to him. However it was also mentioned that he came from Byrne Creek and perhaps the credit is also due to their volunteer coaches. There was no agenda... I wrote, not sure who has coached him and who to give the credit to, but rather credit to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:02 pm

zoons wrote:
Is this thread for the top 10 teams in the province? Or the top 10 teams in AAA?
Please clarify.

I would assume the original poster was meaning the top ten teams in AAA, but in the province the only non AAA team that would be included would be AA-#1 Holy Cross.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2



Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
zoons wrote:
Is this thread for the top 10 teams in the province? Or the top 10 teams in AAA?
Please clarify.

I would assume the original poster was meaning the top ten teams in AAA, but in the province the only non AAA team that would be included would be AA-#1 Holy Cross.

SMUS is another non-AAA team that could make a strong argument for B.C. Top 10 inclusion as well, with wins this season over St. George's, Mouat, Byrne Creek, Vancouver College and Edmonton Harry Ainlay and two close tournament-finals losses to Oak Bay. SMUS played Holy Cross very closely at the Brentwood tournament earlier this month, leading in the 4th Q and losing by 6 pts despite missing their 6-8 post Mack Catto due to injury. Catto was back this past weekend as SMUS swept to the South Island title beating both Brentwood and Lambrick Park. SMUS figures to move to B.C. AA No. 2 this week behind only Holy Cross.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Islandview2 wrote:
JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
zoons wrote:
Is this thread for the top 10 teams in the province? Or the top 10 teams in AAA?
Please clarify.

I would assume the original poster was meaning the top ten teams in AAA, but in the province the only non AAA team that would be included would be AA-#1 Holy Cross.

SMUS is another non-AAA team that could make a strong argument for B.C. Top 10 inclusion as well, with wins this season over St. George's, Mouat, Byrne Creek, Vancouver College and Edmonton Harry Ainlay and two close tournament-finals losses to Oak Bay. SMUS played Holy Cross very closely at the Brentwood tournament earlier this month, leading in the 4th Q and losing by 6 pts despite missing their 6-8 post Mack Catto due to injury. Catto was back this past weekend as SMUS swept to the South Island title beating both Brentwood and Lambrick Park. SMUS figures to move to B.C. AA No. 2 this week behind only Holy Cross.

Very true, SMU is another strong non-AAA squad, they can be competitive with any AAA team, a well coached and good shooting team. But more recently, the last 3 or so weeks to be specific, SMU has lost 5 games to my knowledge, albeit a few to top teams (Walnut Grove, Pitt Meadows, Holy Cross) but have also lost to teams not considered top level Province-wide (Lambrick Park, Belmont). But they too should be atleast considered a top 10 team if not honorable mention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2



Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Islandview2 wrote:
JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
zoons wrote:
Is this thread for the top 10 teams in the province? Or the top 10 teams in AAA?
Please clarify.

I would assume the original poster was meaning the top ten teams in AAA, but in the province the only non AAA team that would be included would be AA-#1 Holy Cross.

SMUS is another non-AAA team that could make a strong argument for B.C. Top 10 inclusion as well, with wins this season over St. George's, Mouat, Byrne Creek, Vancouver College and Edmonton Harry Ainlay and two close tournament-finals losses to Oak Bay. SMUS played Holy Cross very closely at the Brentwood tournament earlier this month, leading in the 4th Q and losing by 6 pts despite missing their 6-8 post Mack Catto due to injury. Catto was back this past weekend as SMUS swept to the South Island title beating both Brentwood and Lambrick Park. SMUS figures to move to B.C. AA No. 2 this week behind only Holy Cross.

Very true, SMU is another strong non-AAA squad, they can be competitive with any AAA team, a well coached and good shooting team. But more recently, the last 3 or so weeks to be specific, SMU has lost 5 games to my knowledge, albeit a few to top teams (Walnut Grove, Pitt Meadows, Holy Cross) but have also lost to teams not considered top level Province-wide (Lambrick Park, Belmont). But they too should be atleast considered a top 10 team if not honorable mention.

Good point. SMUS is 23-7 on the season and 5 of their losses came in a span of about 3 weeks as a tough schedule, combined with injuries and player absences, took their toll. The Island AA scene is very competitive with SMUS, Brentwood, Lambrick Park, Wellington, Isfeld and others all capable of beating each other. Whatever teams emerge from this week's Islands should be battle-tested and ready to make some noise at provincials in Kamloops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013   Today at 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
 
The "REAL" Top 10 for those in the loop as of Feb 16, 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» someone is building a rhino.....for real!
» On cars, tracks and real life...
» Your most EPIC moment in VCMP+In Real Life
» Is this real life? Or is this just fantasy? [DO NOT POST IN]
» Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich: Dramatic Semifinal Sends Germans Home for Final

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Seniors-
Jump to: