HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GuyLafleur

PostSubject: Re: Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Would love to watch this Dr. Knox team play Churchill with all their 9's playing down. Would be an epic matchup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Re: Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:13 pm

It's a nice thought, however, not sure how Churchill even comes into the conversation.
Give the teams there credit. Churchill was not in the tourney. Appreciate their accomplishments last year, truth is, Knox deserves the credit this year. .,,,,
Lower mainland supporters always looking for ways to take credit away from deserving teams..,,,,,,,
Churchill has nothing to do with this year provincials. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 pm

I guess we will see how this Knox group does in senior. Winning grade 9 and winning senior is a whole new ball game. Are all the Knox players sticking together and going to Kelowna or Kelowna Christian ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyLafleur

PostSubject: Re: Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

sunnyok wrote:
It's a nice thought, however, not sure how Churchill even comes into the conversation.
Give the teams there credit. Churchill was not in the tourney. Appreciate their accomplishments last year, truth is, Knox deserves the credit this year. .,,,,
Lower mainland supporters always looking for ways to take credit away from deserving teams..,,,,,,,
Churchill has nothing to do with this year provincials. .

Churchill comes into the conversation because I said it'd be nice to see a matchup between Dr. Knox and Churchill, who are probably the 2 best teams in BC for their age. Dunno where you got the idea that I was taking something away from Dr. Knox. They dominated the competition this year and won the BCs, so congrats to them.

And frankly, I doubt "Lower Mainland supporters'' give a damn about where teams come from. They cheer for their respective team and then don't all band together and pray for a lower mainland team to win provincials. Some fans from the interior seem to have such an inferiority complex when it comes to LM teams. "why don't we get enough credit?!" "lower mainland fans don't want the Okanagan teams to win, boo hoo", etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?   Today at 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Who are the favourites for Grade 9 provincials?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2