HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2010/2011 Senior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hmm

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Lebron123 wrote:
AAA/AAAA
1.Hillcrest- Won Juniors Last year with this team - agree that they gud but I would not place them at no.1 spot
2.Sacred Heart - Runner-ups to Hillcrest's junior championship - agree that they will be in city finals as 3 starters (Vik, Brandon, Shawn) coming back next season and junior emazing 3pts scorers will be there
3.Sir Robert Borden - Only a couple of returning players from the OFSAA team - why than u place them in the 3 top places?
4.St. Patrick's - The same core of players from this successful season - No. Their top player Christian is not coming back. Without him they will be average. And everybody is talking that Daemar is coming back to Toronto.
5. St. Matthew's - Young team with mostly the same players - No. Without Gavin they will be less than average. Mat Price (most points in the city final) is not coming back neither.
6.St. Peter's - Great junior squad all moving up - agree, juniors managed to go to city final but r they will be so gud in senior devision
7.All Saints - A very athletic group - not at all, Their post and best player Eric is not coming back. One energetic point guard (Mike) and 2 overweight posts r not enough to be in 10 best teams
8.St. Joseph's - Decent - agree as they loosing ALL their dominant players
9.Earl of March - Great Height and good ballhandlers but no shooters - Wrong again, great height (Ryan 6.11) and 2 guards averaging double digits every game (Owen, Rob) - they should be rated higher than bottom of top 10 as their 4 starters r coming back
10.Bell - Decent - still they should be higher than All Saints

Last edited by hmm on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:32 pm

I have to agree that Hill will be that good cause they not only won 2 years ago, but their club guys are still playing club so they should continue to develop and be quite strong..

I do agree that SH will be a real force as well, especially with Keegan and Emmanuel coming up from junior to help them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:33 pm

hmm wrote:
Lebron123 wrote:
AAA/AAAA
1.Hillcrest- Won Juniors Last year with this team - agree that they gud but I would not place them at no.1 spot
2.Sacred Heart - Runner-ups to Hillcrest's junior championship - agree that they will be in city finals as 3 starters (Vik, Brandon, Shawn) coming back next season and junior emazing 3pts scorers will be there
3.Sir Robert Borden - Only a couple of returning players from the OFSAA team - why than u place them in the 3 top places?
4.St. Patrick's - The same core of players from this successful season - No. Their top player Christian is not coming back. Without him they will be average. And everybody is talking that Daemar is coming back to Toronto.
5. St. Matthew's - Young team with mostly the same players - No. Without Gavin they will be less than average. Mat Price (most points in the city final) is not coming back neither.
6.St. Peter's - Great junior squad all moving up - agree, juniors managed to go to city final but r they will be so gud in senior devision
7.All Saints - A very athletic group - not at all, Their post and best player Eric is not coming back. One energetic point guard (Mike) and 2 overweight posts r not enough to be in 10 best teams
8.St. Joseph's - Decent - agree as they loosing ALL their dominant players
9.Earl of March - Great Height and good ballhandlers but no shooters - Wrong again, great height (Ryan 6.11) and 2 guards averaging double digits every game (Owen, Rob) - they should be rated higher than bottom of top 10 as their 4 starters r coming back
10.Bell - Decent - still they should be higher than All Saints

Matt Price the leading scorer from st matts in the finals is coming back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbfan

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Lebron123 wrote:
AAA/AAAA
1.Hillcrest- Won Juniors Last year with this team
2.Sacred Heart - Runner-ups to Hillcrest's junior championship
3.Sir Robert Borden - Only a couple of returning players from the OFSAA team
4.St. Patrick's - The same core of players from this successful season
5. St. Matthew's - Young team with mostly the same players
6.St. Peter's - Great junior squad all moving up
7.All Saints - A very athletic group
8.St. Joseph's - Decent
9.Earl of March - Great Height and good ballhandlers but no shooters
10.Bell - Decent

AA/A
1.Ashbury - One of the better squads in all of high school ball for Ottawa
2.Louis Riel - The successful juniors all move up to seniors
3.St. Paul - Pretty much the same core of players
4.Ridgemont - Great junior squad will be moving up
5.Immaculata - Height will certainly help
6.Notre Dame - Athletic
7.Lester B. Pearson - Lose most of their OFSAA team
8.Woodroffe - Decent
9. Deslaurier - Decent
10. Mother Teresa - Decent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbfan

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Just a couple questions. Seems this years junior results factor in more to some of you than this years senior results. Also, you say EOM has good ball handling and height but no shooting. Is Powers not one of the best shooters in the city?? Not saying they should be s fave for next year but give some respect. Hope his ankle is healed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 pm

I actually thought that Earl was going to do more damage than they did this year because I like the way their top five is built though they could definitley use another big man at the 4 spot. They also seemed to be putting things together a bit towards the end of the season with a couple of quality wins, but losing Powers for the playoffs ensured that they would be one and done. I would say that Earl should go into the season as a top ten team for sure perhaps even top five depending if all of their starters are back or not. Remember, their juniors had a good season too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Aceforever wrote:
#1 SRB
#2 SH
#3 Hill
#4 St Pat
#5 St Matt
#6 EOM
#7 LR
#8 All Saints
#9 St Pete
#10 Bell

How do you have SRB at the top? They lose their main guys in amir and Nikola. they don't have height to manage with hillcrest or sacred. if i recall Sacred did a number on them two years ago in the play offs. Hill should be first with sacred following then SRB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm

SRB is a regonize ball program they gone to more then half of the city finals in this decade they have great coaching and is consistent. Who cares about junior results high school is a time when teenagers muture and it's not like the NBA where people are already at that level. Kids get better over the summer. people in this forum always comment on who has who but really it dossent matter about talent it's About the team there's some teams who uses fundementals to win games and they beat talented teams. And most people say everyone graduated, and because most juniors don't get the centre of attention so they don't make a name in the city but then after playing in grade 11 they make a name for example St matts Case this year. Ussauly a team with a successful grade 11 year and teams that are a full grade 11 team will give more oppurtunity to win in grade 12. Hilcrest didn't even dominate in the leauge this year does this mean that there players aren't improving? I would say it's going to be SRB,Bell(5th year players) sacred heart st matts in the top 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am

Who is returning from bell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 am

NOS wrote:
Aceforever wrote:
#1 SRB
#2 SH
#3 Hill
#4 St Pat
#5 St Matt
#6 EOM
#7 LR
#8 All Saints
#9 St Pete
#10 Bell

How do you have SRB at the top? They lose their main guys in amir and Nikola. they don't have height to manage with hillcrest or sacred. if i recall Sacred did a number on them two years ago in the play offs. Hill should be first with sacred following then SRB.

In junior 2 seasons ago SRB lost to SH and Hill by alot and to St Matts by about 8 each time. They have since added Farhan (one of the best players on their team thjis past season) to team with Jamal in the back court and the juniors coming up have showed a ton of improvement.

I agree that Hill and SH will do very well along with St Matt, should be a 4 team race with EOM being very good and All surprising some teams. If St Pats can keep their young guns then they'll be in it as well.

I guess I look at the fact that SRB has won the city 4 of the last 6 years and has gone to OFSAA 5 of the last 6 and then add in a guy like Farhan and the potential return of Amin to the team to say that they should be the team to beat until proven otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm

so your basing it on the fact that if amin returns. i think either way Hillcrest is better with Issack, emad and wajdi plus the post they have and SRB lacks in post play. Sacred with Sean, Emmanuel, Keegan, and Vik, are also better IMO then SRB. I see SRB being good don't get me wrong, definitely a team to be reckoned with, but not better than hill or sacred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:45 pm

I think jamal is prolly gonna be the best player in the city next year if he's still at SRB, and if he has farhan and amin with him, SRB could beat hillcrest, cause phil is a pretty gud post for SRB, and also SH can beat anyone with threes, but I think vik is slight of frame, so he isn't gonna own the paint, and SH is losing their best post Rob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I don't disagree at all that SH and Hill will be very good, I simply feel that Farhan alone as an addition to SRB from their junior season 2 years ago is a major upgrade to the squad. If Amin return then watch out. Amin back to me means city title no doubt. 50/50 he returns is my guess in which case it'll be very tight across the board and the improvement with the players from 2 years ago to next season will be the deciding factor. Who is playing club? Who has quit? Which ones play together?

I know SH has most of theirs playing together with guardsman
SRB has theirs at Phoenix I believe
Hill with who?
St Pat's with who?
St Matt's with Wolverines right?

I think players playing club ball together will factor in big time cause they'll have so many more touches together and learning systems together that it'll be huge.

anyone know any of this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 am

My understanding is that most of Deslauriers guys are back as well and they had a good run this season so maybe they will be in the mix as well? What about ofsaa gold medal winning Ashbury? Who do they have back? St. Joes too? There really are so many unknowns until next year when we get to see who comes back for a fifth year, if there are any transfers, or even if there are significant injuries from guys playing summer ball like what happened with Devon from Glebe this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:42 pm

coachc wrote:
My understanding is that most of Deslauriers guys are back as well and they had a good run this season so maybe they will be in the mix as well? What about ofsaa gold medal winning Ashbury? Who do they have back? St. Joes too? There really are so many unknowns until next year when we get to see who comes back for a fifth year, if there are any transfers, or even if there are significant injuries from guys playing summer ball like what happened with Devon from Glebe this year.

Ashbury will retain only 1 starter - post player - Jean. Other 4 starters and most of the team graduate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Aceforever wrote:
I don't disagree at all that SH and Hill will be very good, I simply feel that Farhan alone as an addition to SRB from their junior season 2 years ago is a major upgrade to the squad. If Amin return then watch out. Amin back to me means city title no doubt. 50/50 he returns is my guess in which case it'll be very tight across the board and the improvement with the players from 2 years ago to next season will be the deciding factor. Who is playing club? Who has quit? Which ones play together?

I know SH has most of theirs playing together with guardsman
SRB has theirs at Phoenix I believe
Hill with who?
St Pat's with who?
St Matt's with Wolverines right?

I think players playing club ball together will factor in big time cause they'll have so many more touches together and learning systems together that it'll be huge.

anyone know any of this?

SH: 3 guardsman (would be grade 12) + 2 next level (would be grade 11)
SRB: Jamal has played for next level than phenix, farhan ???
Hill, 2 or 3 phoenix players
St.Pat's: 2 players (would be grade 11) + Daemar (would be grade 12) if stays in Ottawa- guardsman
St.Matt's: nobody from returning players plays club. Cedric quit next level last season
EOM: 3 guardsman including 7' national team player
St.Joe's: all starters graduate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suss

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm

St.Pat's: 2 players (would be grade 11) + Daemar (would be grade 12) if stays in Ottawa- guardsman
St.Matt's: nobody from returning players plays club. Cedric quit next level last season

...Cedric did not quit Next Level, Ykealo plays Phénix, St Joe's has 2 maybe 3 starters returning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Suss wrote:

...Cedric did not quit Next Level, Ykealo plays Phénix, St Joe's has 2 maybe 3 starters returning.

Do u now who's returning for Sr.Joe's seniors. Four or five St.Joe's games I have seen last season, all starters were grade 12 players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suss

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:44 am

Emmett ( SG gr.11 ) is returning, so is Devin ( PF gr.11 ), not sure on others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hmm

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Suss wrote:
Emmett ( SG gr.11 ) is returning, so is Devin ( PF gr.11 ), not sure on others

All games I have seen, Emmet was not a starter. I believe same with Devin. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suss

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 pm

you're sure u watched st joe's 5 times? they both started all year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Suss wrote:

any news on the club scene? Phoenix is finishing up it's try-outs soon I believe, what about the other programs?

who is where now? what team has the most club players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010/2011 Senior rankings   Today at 5:12 am

Back to top Go down

2010/2011 Senior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2