HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final 8 any word?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nbball

PostSubject: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 pm

anyone hear anyhting on teh bid to host final 8?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Saint John was awarded the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:47 pm

i think that was a huge mistake, fredericton is way more centralized, now with it in saint john it will severly cut attendance, and making the teams from the south have a even larger home court advantage.
Also i speak for a lot of players when i say players dream of going to the sitken centre... not harbour station,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HS11-13

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

This is great news. I can't wait until next year now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:26 pm

jballer8 wrote:
i think that was a huge mistake, fredericton is way more centralized, now with it in saint john it will severly cut attendance, and making the teams from the south have a even larger home court advantage.
Also i speak for a lot of players when i say players dream of going to the sitken centre... not harbour station,

My guess is that next year they will dream of going to Harbour Station
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm definetly ready for a change, not so ready to go to St John since I live in Fredericton, however, next year will be a big year of change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Being in Saint John will not cut attendance....not having former A and AA schools in it will kill attendance. If schools like McAdam, Grand Manan, Campobello, Woodstock, Carelton North or Hartland don't get in, with the possible exception of Devon Park and a few others, it will crash and burn. If anyone saw the AAA girls final this year, they know what I am talking about. If it ever has to rely on the urban high schools i.e. real AAA schools, they will be soon have to pay somebody to take it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 am

i would almost lay money that at least one of the A schools will be at the big dance next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 am

Saint John will be a great venue. I have been attending for the past 24 years and I do belive it is time for a change. I was dissapointed in some of the problems (security) that happened at the AUC this year and hope that the SJ crowd will be mindful as it pertains to unacceptable behaviour near the floor. Look forward to attending next year.
Back to top Go down
Campo02

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am

I think this was the right decision. Now we can see what a new city can do to breath some life into the tournmament AND FHS will get a chance to use the same locker rooms as everyone else! Now all we need is a the Friday night 'A' championship games back to help Saint John make the tournament in Harbour Station a success.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lakersbball

PostSubject: Sad   Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:24 am

Moving ball further to the South ...The North can travel even further now...Sweet...Now Campbellton gets a 5 hour drive!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 am

Anyone read the article in the daily gleaner today? Phil Wright is one classy guy...even going as far as to acuse the nbiaa of taking bribes from the Saint John bid people!!! He said this years tournament was the best ever. I guess he couldn't hear all of his supporters from across the floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:01 am

The Bruins don't have to worry about the 5 hour drive next year, they won't be there. JMA will represent that area in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Winslow

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Dr. Phil, Nice comments in the Gleaner. It should never again be awarded to any committee that you are on. How can one person be so arrogant? I was neutral before, now I hope it never goes back to Fredericton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

geez scorkeep...throwing the gauntlet down early...heheheh....bulletin board material for the Northern teams for sure...gutsy move ;-)

As for the travel , I think teams ( and their loyal fans) will travel whereever they have to , to play for a provincial title.....the F'ton committe did a great job with the AC event but I am sure the SJ committee will do equally as well or better....and sometimes change is good..the event won't become stagnent...I'm sure Moncton will get in on next time around...maybe even Bathurst....

I'm wondering if those loyal FHS fans will pile into their cars and take their exhibition of rudeness , ignorance and arrogance on the road...I wonder if they will be talking and acting as tough when they can't run out in the parking lot and hide in Mommy's mini van...

We'll see !! But the way it is looking they may not have a team there to cheer for for a couple of years anyway...but hey...who knows??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riverman93

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 pm

scorekeep wrote:
The Bruins don't have to worry about the 5 hour drive next year, they won't be there. JMA will represent that area in 2011.

It wouldn't matter if is was a 8 hour drive, Travel for them is part of the routine. Its going to be a long weekend for teams that have to travel to the north to face DRHS & SSHS. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
new ball

PostSubject: wow.. i dont know how you can ever assume that.. the bruins graduate 3 players and have a very strong bunch of jv players coming up.. so if sshs plays AA next year i would put my money on them repeating.   Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 pm

scorekeep wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach82

PostSubject: Final 8   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Cmon there is nothing wrong with moving the venue the Final 4 is in a different place every year as is the Super Bowl.
Lets face it Fredericton boys or girls are almost always there this is why they try so hard to keep it in Freddy.

The fact is St John took the bid and they most likely will not have a team in there. I love it.

Take the last 2 years for example they hold a banquet for the players in the Sub ballroom with the music from the student bar bellowing through the walls, then on your way in and out for the banquet there is drunk university students everywheres. There must be another location. Next thing Dr Phil demands that Woodstocks mascot not be allowed on the floor?? This wish is granted of course since he is the head of the organizing group.

I am sorry to those in Freddy who have worked hard at running an honest event however there is too much home cooking going on at the top now.

Dr Phil will have to take the Gary Young trained Black Kats to Harbour Station next year. Take the time to organize fan buses or else you will have no fans there at all.

Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 pm

scorekeep wrote:

lol.....considering you have no idea who will even be on the team next year, that's a pretty impressive prediction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Webeballin

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't think the long drive from up north down to harbour station should really be an issue. It should be something to look forward to based on what happened this year, when fredericton fans pretty much thought they owned the place. Although I do agree with "looking forward to the AC, not Harbour Station." New is good, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final 8 any word?   Today at 5:13 am

Back to top Go down

Final 8 any word?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1