HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

SWC vs Grandin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NPH12321

PostSubject: SWC vs Grandin   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Possible rematch in Finals of Grandin tournament this weekend It will be interesting to see a how Amrit would matchup against Hartley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 pm

No disrespect, but unless Amrit Gill has completely innovated his game.... I don't see how one can even make such a comment. Palomino is arguably the best point guard in the province and he apparently had difficulties against Hartley. But we will see...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPH12321

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Likewise no disrespect towards Palomina - he is one of the best. And agree Amrit being grade 10 on senior team is playing with reservation and not the way he can play. Interesting to see how SWC does against Grandin having lost Emmett to an injury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Yes, I agree that Gill is talented without a doubt but I still do not believe that he could have his way with a defender like Hartley. However, as you said, being a grade 10 on an incredibly talented team can be difficult. It will definitely be a fun game to watch however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPH12321

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Missed the game last night. Does anyone know the score?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:36 pm

It was close till the second quarter then SWC blew it open. (20-30 point win) Palomino absolutely dominated with Hartley, Daniels and Jackson out of the lineup. Valdez and Guinto also caught fire which pretty much sealed the deal. Gill must have had a bad night as he didn't have much of an impact on the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handles

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 pm

With the Big 3 out for Grandin then no surprise that SWC won. That is 3 of Grandins top players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 pm

The report I got from people who attended is that both sides were missing key players. I think the challenge this late in the season is who can stay healty going into playoffs. I also heard Jasper Place from Edmonton looked average. Is the Edmonton public league weak this year? Unusual....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWC vs Grandin   Today at 4:38 am

Back to top Go down

SWC vs Grandin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1