HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Ten Post Players in A this year.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBALL50

PostSubject: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Who do you guys think was the top ten post players in A this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:00 pm

hartlands bigs harveys bigs and the one young fella from mcadam those are the omes that really jump out to me. Oh and one from dp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 pm

After this could we do one for backup left handed combo guards on SW JV girls teams. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL50

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 pm

I might put in a young big from gm. He didn't do good when he played Harvey and Hartlands bigs. But he did alright when he played other bigs in A ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Project-Alice

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm

EASILY Orser. He does it all. Anyone know he had a triple double in the final game? WOW! and he is only in grade ten?? Force to be reckoned with for the next two years without a doubt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Order is a point guard in grade 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 am

CoachDJR wrote:
After this could we do one for backup left handed combo guards on SW JV girls teams. Thanks!
You would know....you started this year talking about Fundy junior girls....no,no..not senior girls....junior girls...I know it's frustrating for you...knowing 'A' will always be more popular....than 'AA' or 'AAA' or NBA.....but, you just have to accept it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
You would know....you started this year talking about Fundy junior girls....no,no..not senior girls....junior girls...I know it's frustrating for you...knowing 'A' will always be more popular....than 'AA' or 'AAA' or NBA.....but, you just have to accept it. Thanks.

Okay Breaker, give ten post players in A period. Can you name ten?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 am

[quote="GM Breaker '84-'88"]
CoachDJR wrote:
You would know....you started this year talking about Fundy junior girls....no,no..not senior girls....junior girls...I know it's frustrating for you...knowing 'A' will always be more popular....than 'AA' or 'AAA' or NBA.....but, you just have to accept it. Thanks.[/quote

Ahh Breaker always good to have your perspective brought. Let's deal with the font of misinformation here.

A - I don't recall ever talking about the FUndy Junior girls. Maybe I can't find a post specifically, it may be out there. I did ask questions about rumours early in the year that tangented off in a large discussion by numerous people including myself about JV sports. To be fair I've been ranting abuot the state of JV for a while now to anyone who'll listen.

B - "A" basketball, "AA" basketball, "AAA" basketball can be as popular as they like. I'm more concerned with basketball as a whole in this province and care enough about it to see want to see it improve. I appreciate our fan base of basketball in NB and while I don't always agree with their viewpoints they can like whatever they want. I don't begrudge someone caring about what they care about.

C - For me this is a state of basketball in NB issue not a classification issue. If someone had come on and asked for a top 10 list of power forwards in AAA boys I would havev responded similarly. If you want to talk about the best players in the province, or most next level ready player, or the best shooters lets have it. Taking a small pool of athletes and subdividing them for conversations to the extreme of by school size classification and on court position seems to miss the big picture in NB which isnt' a huge picture to start from.

D - Canada Basketball, BNB, and the majority of the top coaches in this province are trying to make universally skilled basketball players not position players. Even in the case of older players where someone is saying if you want to play at the next level you'll need to be an X with this skill set, its rarely the case here now that we can say X = Post. Maybe on the girls side we get kids with big enough bodies frames or work ethic to make it as a CIS post certainly not higher then that. On the guys side we've got Nissen but my guess is that with his skill set CIS schools will make him a stretch 4 or at least use him as a perimeter mismatch for other teams 5's. We don't have post players genetically in NB. What we have is kids with different body types or skill sets then the pool of kids around them that we as coaches put in the post for competitive reasons at whatever level we coach. Zach Foster from Hartland high is a great example. With his frame and skill set he can play the high or low post in A basketball and just about any other level of basketball in High School in this province and be effective inside. For him to maximize his potential (imo) he'll need to become a 4 or maybe even a big 3 in some situations beyond high school. I guess we would call him a post player, but if starts calling himself a post player he could be in trouble. 15-16 years olds should be basketball players not positions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm

"15-16 years olds should be basketball players not positions"

Completely agree coach DJR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 pm

breakercoach wrote:
"15-16 years olds should be basketball players not positions"

Completely agree coach DJR.

I agree with coach DJR as well. I recently saw a quote from Kevin Eastman (Celtics assistant coach) that went something like..."Basketball is becoming position-less". Let's teach kids all skills so they can play on the perimeter AND near the basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Post Players in A this year.   Today at 5:16 am

Back to top Go down

Top Ten Post Players in A this year.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1