HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BC Championship draws and results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Sim wrote:
maybe they gave S.Kamloops the 7 seed as payback for really screwing it up for #1 Kelowna in last year's draw.

Lol I was thinking the same thing, a make up call for the Olanagan since they got proverbially screwed in the draw last year.

Anyway it will play itself out, best team this time of year will win it, and Walnut Grove looks to be running on all cylinders , "eye of the tiger," the last minutes of last years final lingers, it was in there grasp and they couldn't hold on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outlawpete

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 am

Sportvictoria wrote:
coachb wrote:
Looking at the draw it looks like the organizers came up with a fair draw despite everyone bitching in advance.

Well not quite if you look at it closer.

Yo sportvictoria you keep on griping and whining about the draws like you are the big time expert, you talk about sh*t from years ago and how bias everyone is but you have a total island bias and you also hate the aaa tournament because they kicked you out right, can you hear me dude?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallisGood1

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:59 pm

CoachStone21 wrote:
tuesday games

Churchill vs Pitt 2:30pm
Bby Mtn vs Caledonia 4:15pm
Terry Fox vs North Peace 12:45pm
Enver Creek vs Mt. Baker 11:00am

Wednesday Games

Bby South vs Sardis 8:30am
Churchill/Pitt winner vs Walnut Grove 3:00pm
Claremont vs St Georges 1:15pm
Bby Mtn/Caledonia winner vs Yale 11:30am
South Kam vs Oak Bay or Belmont 8:15pm
Fox/North Peace winner vs Kits 4:45pm
Mouat vs Handsworth 10:00am
Enver/Mt Baker winner vs WRCA

Oak Bay is being Challenged by Belmont for the last berth on the island. This is the draw not my guess haha. I was watching the live show.

With the tournament closing in quickly, how about some predictions/discussion about who are the favourites, sleepers and some players we might see have a big showing in the tourney.

My predictions for the first couple days:

Pitt over Churchill
Burnaby Mountain over Caledonia
Fox over North Peace
Enver over Mount Baker

Sardis over Bby South
Grove over Pitt
Claremont over St. Georges(gotta have an upset pick!)
Yale over Bby Mountain
South Kam over Belmont
Kits over Fox
Mouat over Handsworth
Wrca over Enver

I think Cohee is going to confirm his position among the best to come out of BC in a while in the tourney and dominate the competition, I also like Pankratz and Boire to have a big tourney for Yale.

Also anyone have any info on Claremont? I was under the impression that this team had a lot of talent, but there wasn't much news on them during the season as they seemed to fly under the radar a little bit. They were one of the top junior teams last year if I'm not mistaken and also Mason Loewen is a fantastic player from what I have seen. Would love to know how there season went.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shot_caller

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 am

BallisGood1 wrote:
Also anyone have any info on Claremont? I was under the impression that this team had a lot of talent, but there wasn't much news on them during the season as they seemed to fly under the radar a little bit. They were one of the top junior teams last year if I'm not mistaken and also Mason Loewen is a fantastic player from what I have seen. Would love to know how there season went.

I believe Claremont was #2 at Junior provincials last year. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
I had the pleasure of watching all of Claremont's games at the Island championships, and I don't think picking them over St. Georges is that much of a stretch. They are quite a deep team, with no real stars, but 8 or 9 solid players with a lot of hustle. Most of their second line is pretty much interchangeable with their starters. Their depth is what led them to win against Oak Bay in the Island final. Loewen is a very smart player and very sound defensively. Definitely a fun team to watch. In league play this season, Claremont split two-game series with both Oak Bay and Belmont - their only losses in league play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 am

I was surprised to see Oak Bay not come out of the Island zone.
Were they facing injuries or sickness?
All season they seemed to be the island's best yet got clobbered in the play-in game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shot_caller

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 am

Pooch wrote:
I was surprised to see Oak Bay not come out of the Island zone.
Were they facing injuries or sickness?
All season they seemed to be the island's best yet got clobbered in the play-in game.

I didn't get to see the challenge game between Belmont and Oak Bay, but from what I was told, Belmont came with a lot more intensity and heart than Oak Bay, not to mention some great shooting. Both of Oak Bay's two best players did play in the game. All year, the top Island teams have been Oak Bay, Claremont, and Belmont. Belmont probably bringing up the rear, but a solid team that should represent the Island well at the LEC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm very surprised by Oak bay's falter near end of season. I had them pegged as a certainty coming out of the Island and and as a Top 10 team. Dedicated team and coach, skilled players, but don't know what happened. Kudos to Claremont and Belmont for peaking at the right time and displaying their ability and great team play. Goes to show that maybe on paper there appears to be sure winners, but really it comes down to whose better once the jump ball, which brings me to this point that there are several sleepers who can pull upsets in this tournament if the top teams aren't prepared and don't put in the effort. Someone is going to go down, whose it going to be is the question!

I agree with you on Cohee, never seen a player as young as him dominate the tourney as he did last year. He was one last second shot away from being the MVP as a grade 10. I've watched teams this year put their best defenders on him including by committee, but he still goes out and significantly impacts the game someway. I watch how the WG coaches are always on him, pushing him to get better in games. What I like about him is he can score in bunches, but there are times when he knows to just get his other strong teammates involved. There is a chemistry there. The bigger the game and pressure the more he seems to thrive. He still has one more year left, but if he leads Walnut to victory, you have to start putting him in the elite class of BC players. I've seen many a good player and heard several touted this year, but being good and a winner makes you great and that's where he's heading. I hope he gets hungrier this off-season and works on getting bigger, stronger and more explosive for the next level where he can be an impact player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC Championship draws and results   Today at 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down

BC Championship draws and results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2