HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Teams at OFSAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tritacke

PostSubject: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 pm

This thread is to talk about who do you think will have the best chances at OFSAA comming up in a little more than a week and the results when OFSAA starts. In my opinion, Ashbury and SRB have legitamite chances of medalling at OFSAA but will have to play hard. Lester B Pearson and St. Matts will have their work cut out for them and I can't really see them contending for a medal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 pm

agree 100%. Ashbury have to get a top 5 seed if not top 3, same goes for SRB while the other 2 can't break the top 10. That doesn't mean they can't pull something off but I would certainly agree that Ash and SRB have the best shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I think LBP has a better chance than they are getting credit for. I see them being in the top 8 seeds and would not surprise me if they get to the medal rounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burbury

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 pm

SRB has alot of returning players bringing experience on their team from last years OFSAA
with new skill like Jamal and Farhan they are a dangerous team
if SRB plays up to their potential Ottawa can be looking at a third consecutive AAA OFSAA win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldtymeballer

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Sorry burbury but that's just wishful thinking. Borden is a good team but they are not among the elite of Ontario like St. Matthew and St. Pat's the past two seasons. This year, the top AAA contenders will be Loyola from Oakville, Martingrove from Toronto, and Orchard Park from Hamilton. Borden will make the quarter-finals but anything after that will be a bonus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Borden almost and could have beat parkside, who r the favorites at AA, they r on the same level. There isn't as big of a difference between AA, AAA, and AAAA teams this year as martingrove, loyola, and parkside hav beaten some gud teams, and Borden has shown they can compete with them. Loyola is still the favorite though as they are ranked 4th in Ontario, if they dont run into SRb early, then SRB could compete for a medal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldtymeballer

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Actually, Orchard Park blew out Parkside by 27 in the Hamilton Public final and OP will be no higher than the number 3 in AAA seed so I would say that your evidence isn't very convincing.

Borden is a good team but to put their chances this year on par with St. Matthew, who was far and away the best AAA team in Ontario last year, or St. Pat', who was one of 6 teams considered a serious medal threat in Brantford two years ago, is simply a bit of pro-Ottawa boosting. I'm afraid that Ottawa isn't nearly as competitive with the power regions as it has been the two previous seasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 am

How have teams from NCSSAA done against teams from NOSSAA or NEOAA this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 am

The Orchard Park drubbing of Parkside was without several Parkside starters. My understanding is that when the two met and they had their full squads available, Parkside beat them. The beauty of this season is that there are several teams with a chance at medals, but it will be who is playing their best at the right time and a few breaks would not hurt either.

I don't think that it is boosting to put Borden in the same sentence as Loyola in terms of chances, though I will admit, Loyola is probably going to be the pretournament favourites. Also, Martingrove, Orchard Park, Dr. Dennison, Anderson, Frontenac, Oakridge, Jarvis, and likely a few others all have realistic ambitions of doing well at this tournament. That is 9 teams right there so one of them will not even make the quarter finals.

Last year St. Matts was the clear favourite but the year before, I don't think St. Pats was even the favourite to get out of Ottawa (Colonel By was) and they even lost their first game at ofsaa that year. Yet they got rolling and played great basketball and came away with the gold. I believe this season is more like that year than it is like last as there really is no clear favourite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:08 am

You can follow how each of the Ottawa teams are doing at ofsaa by looking at the websites below. I believe that all of the ofsaa competitions except single A are using live streaming to show their games over the web. Simply go to the website for the tournament that you are following and click the live streaming options and follow instructions from there.

The web addresses for each of the ofsaas are as follows:

Single A - http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysabasketball/
Double AA - http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysabassketball/
Tiple AAA - http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysaaabasketball/
Quad AAAA - http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysaaaabasketball/

Good luck to all of the Ottawa teams participating in their respective ofsaa competitions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm

the streaming is working for the AAA but man is it ever bad commentating and the feed isn't great. Of course for those of us not able to make it to the games, it's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 pm

SRB is doing pretty good at ofsaa right now they will face loyala in semis #1 ranked team in the tournement. Will the finals be broadcasted on rogers? because on the tv listing it says that there is high school basketball on wensday at around 8pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:18 pm

this is actually the quarter finals for SRB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tidus41

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

SRB lost to Loyola in the quarters 70-42. I definitely don't think SRB played as well as they could have, or maybe Loyola really stepped it up, because Loyola was forced into overtime by #11 Oakridge, and they beat SRB by more points than they beat the #16 seed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Is Ashbury playing in the gold medal game? what happend to ACMT why arent they at ofsaa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:37 pm

ACMT lost to St. Thomas Aquinas in their ofsaa qualifier for AA ofsaa. They chose to play up in AA this year as they likely would have steam rolled through single A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm

why is there like 10 teams at AAAA OFSAA From toronto? iam guessing theres issent much Qaud A schools outside of toronto. is ottawa the only city that sends there runner ups to qaud a ofsaa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:54 pm

OFSAA AT kINGSton is so bad i saw the webcast and there were no spectators for the games, AAAA at the otherhand is alot better the logistics and how the games were organize was alot better advertising and stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Congratulations to the Ashbury Colts for winning gold at single A ofsaa. For three years in a row, the NCSSAA has won a boys basketball gold medal at ofsaa!! Great work Ashbury well done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Martingroove just won tripple a ofsaa defeated the #1 seed loyola, if srb had a better seed they would of made finals. Martingroove got elimnated by st matts in semis last year. The came back with the same starting lineup with 5 victory lappers and they got it done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 pm

They are a good team. I remember them against SRB last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 am

I don't understand how some schools can do that high school is ment to be 4 years. And if people keep doing this everyone will stay for 5 years I dont understand how some schools let students do this if its becominga trend pricniple at the school should do somthing about it. At school academic is #1 u don't go to school for basketball u go to school to learn basketball is extra. I think people that do victory laps take it to serious and how does playing a extra year payoff. I'd ur there for educational purpose then it's ok but why is there this trend of victory lappers now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 pm

I agree. Some schools won't allow it, but obviously, some still do. Most schools in Toronto don't allow it. I don't get the point of staying just to play basketball. If it's for the grades, then don't fall into the same habits that effected your schooling in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 am

Most of the top programs in Toronto do allow for it, it is just that many of the fifth year players this year went to the states instead. But in years past, the top teams at ofsaa had several fifth year kids. It really is up to the school. I believe that in Ottawa St. Pats has a rule that fifth year kids are not allowed to play sports but some schools take the side that if a person is a student at a school then they should have the same rights as all of the other students in the school. There likely is no right answer to the debate but it should be left up to each school to decide how they want to handle it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 pm

But is the reason why st pats issent allow because there like a regconize Ball Program. But other schools dont have this rule for no 5th year because there not a regonize ball program. Why do people make ofsaa a dream like who actully cares, its HS its just for participation. If u love the game it dossent matter if u won a HS championship. Like is winning a HS championship really Important? Does winning a HS championship make u more likley to play college?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teams at OFSAA   Today at 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Teams at OFSAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next