HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

OFSAA Preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
baller29

PostSubject: OFSAA Preview   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 am

Can anyone on hooplife with a intensive knowledge of ontario high school basketball to give a preview of the upcoming OFSAA Championship. What is the Update on Henry Carr's Tanveer Bhullar? Why is it that for all OFSAA Classifications there are only 1 TDCA team and there is no TDSSAA teams like eastern commerce and Oakwood? Iam not too clear the difference between TDCA and TDSAAA what are the difference between these two associations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: OFSAA Preview   Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 am

To answer the question about the difference between the two associations, the tdcaa and the tdsaa is that the first is catholic thus running teams this year and the other is public in Toronto and my understanding is that the entire board was shut down during the labour issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IrishCK

PostSubject: Webcasting   Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 am

For those asking about webcasting in the AAA and AAAA OFSAA here is the response received from the OFSAA committee:

We will be webcasting the games at Catholic Central on Monday and at St. Clair College on Tuesday and Wednesday. So please tell your students that your games can be watched if you make it to the medal round. The link is not up yet, we are waiting on the link to be activated by sportscanada.tv.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IrishCK

PostSubject: Ottawa Team Rankings   Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 am

AAAA - Glebe #11
AAA - St. Patrick #3
AA - Immaculata #8
A - Ashbury #4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: OFSAA Preview   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 am

You forgot West Carleton at #16 in triple A ofsaa.

I think that the St. Pats and Ashbury seeds are fair, but I thought Immaculata would be a litter better (5 or 6?). Unless I am missing something, they have only lost to two teams all season (Jean Mance from MTL and Ottawa's St. Pats) and one of the teams is ranked third at AAA. The only reason I can think of for this is that I don't think that they played anyone from southern Ontario.

West Carleton has to be one of the better 16 seeds at an ofsaa tournament. They have a nice matchup against the 6th seed (St. Theresa) in the first round and if they can win it, they will take the 6th seeds path. It won't be an easy game, but I think it is one that they will compete in. This could mean a quarter final show down with St. Pats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: OFSAA Preview   Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 am

best of luck to all ofsaa bound teams representing the NCSSAA this week! Do your schools and city proud!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: OFSAA Preview   Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 pm

St. Pats is off to the gold medal game after winning a thriller in the semis by coming from behind in the fourth quarter to win by one! Good luck to the Irish in the championship game tomorrow! It will be available to watch on webcast. Check the ofsaa website out for the link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: OFSAA Preview   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 am

Congratulations to St. Pats (silver medal) and Ashbury (antique bronze -4th place)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFSAA Preview   Today at 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down

OFSAA Preview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1