HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 BNB Provincials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rudas



Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: BNB Provincials   Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:21 pm

I see the divisions have been posted for the BNB midget and juvenile age classes. Does anyone know who the RM Eagles are in juvenile boys section 2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballwatcher



Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-11-24

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:01 pm

I think they are a team from Grand bay/Westside
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I checked with BNB on a few of the juvenile "named" teams and I was informed of the following.

"Sweat Academy" is a team from the Moncton/Riverview area.
"RM Eagles" are also a Riverview/Moncton team
"Bordertown Boyz" are from St. Stephen.

It may be a good idea for BNB to list these teams by their minor basketball association, club, school or community as teams that compete in BNB Provincial Championship Tournaments must represent one of these 4 . It becomes very confusing for teams to prepare for who they are playing if they are not properly identified.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB



Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 pm

So question, when playing BNB provincials can you play for whom ever or are their rules in place so teams don't take the best of each town or city, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Looks like there have been a few changes to the juvenile division.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
retro baller



Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 pm

The division 2 is looking fairly competitive from what I've seen. St Stephen will be strong (Bordertown Boys), Stars will be strong but I'm not quite sure what to expect from the 'RM Eagles'. I imagine they'll be strong seeing as how they're out of riverview/moncton i think. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? IT's being hosted in Hartland (The Hoyas), how do you think those boys will make out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09



Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:26 am

I'm not sure how Hartland can compete with St Stephen or Northern Carleton unless they've picked players up from Woodstock(???). I am also not sure why Hartland would be in a different division than Harvey/McAdam considering Harvey without McAdam was even with them all season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dewey_NB



Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm

C-N '06-'09 wrote:
I'm not sure how Hartland can compete with St Stephen or Northern Carleton unless they've picked players up from Woodstock(???). I am also not sure why Hartland would be in a different division than Harvey/McAdam considering Harvey without McAdam was even with them all season.
What actually puzzles me is if these teams coming out of moncton or any other AAA city which are all AAA schools, have put teams together, why wouldn't they be in Division 1, and for Hartland yes they did pick up a few from Woodstock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls



Posts : 139
Join date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Dewey_NB wrote:
What actually puzzles me is if these teams coming out of moncton or any other AAA city which are all AAA schools, have put teams together, why wouldn't they be in Division 1, and for Hartland yes they did pick up a few from Woodstock
I can't speak for the Moncton teams but the Blue Storm teams (KVHS & Rothesay kids) are basically split across grade levels. The grade 11 kids are in the D2 tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
retro baller



Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:49 pm

C-N '06-'09 wrote:
I'm not sure how Hartland can compete with St Stephen or Northern Carleton unless they've picked players up from Woodstock(???). I am also not sure why Hartland would be in a different division than Harvey/McAdam considering Harvey without McAdam was even with them all season.

I think BNB bumped them up due to winning the midget provincials last year to see if they could compete at the D2 level
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Harvey boys had a pretty good weekend , claimed the banners for D3 Juvenile (split squad with McAdam) , Midget and Bantam and Mini's finished second in D5.

Bringing home 3 banners is a great way to finish off the basketball season , congrats to all the boys!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa



Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Harvey boys had a pretty good weekend , claimed the banners for D3 Juvenile (split squad with McAdam) , Midget and Bantam and Mini's finished second in D5.

Bringing home 3 banners is a great way to finish off the basketball season , congrats to all the boys!!

I agree that Harvey had a good weekend, but did anyone notice that Campobello only lost by 2? Where did this come from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88



Posts : 259
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Real provincial banners are given out in February....not in March or April.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm

swballa wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Harvey boys had a pretty good weekend , claimed the banners for D3 Juvenile (split squad with McAdam) , Midget and Bantam and Mini's finished second in D5.

Bringing home 3 banners is a great way to finish off the basketball season , congrats to all the boys!!

I agree that Harvey had a good weekend, but did anyone notice that Campobello only lost by 2? Where did this come from?


All I can say is that it was just one of those games I guess , Harvey & McAdam were struggling to get a flow going for sure , as they easily beat Sackville ( Tantramar) by 33 , Hillsborough (Caledonia) but 17 and Salisbury (JMA Armstrong) by 43 in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Real provincial banners are given out in February....not in March or April.

Did you choose to leave the great little island and the maritimes or were you forced to leave for being such a jerk! .......and just in case you didn't know that was a rhetorical question not requiring an answer......and I know you won't be able to resist.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88



Posts : 259
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 am

LOL....is that anyway to talk to your old, partial, university roomie? I'm just telling the truth...as usual.

#1 There is no regular season.
#2 Most teams have 'ringers' or mixed teams (i.e. McArvey)
#3 You win 2 or 3 games...and you are provincial champs?
#4 Your school team didn't win, but a team from your 'area' won?

It's good for players who want to extend the season, play some competition, and team up with friends etc....but, provincial champs? You possibly can't compare that with a 'real' banner. Get real. Just my opinion....and GM has a slew of those things...

I'll say...you are much more talented with a paint brush, than you were with a basketball.....can't wait to see the kitchen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas



Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:44 pm

McArvey...I like it. Thanks Doug!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
LOL....is that anyway to talk to your old, partial, university roomie? I'm just telling the truth...as usual.

#1 There is no regular season.
#2 Most teams have 'ringers' or mixed teams (i.e. McArvey)
#3 You win 2 or 3 games...and you are provincial champs?
#4 Your school team didn't win, but a team from your 'area' won?

It's good for players who want to extend the season, play some competition, and team up with friends etc....but, provincial champs? You possibly can't compare that with a 'real' banner. Get real. Just my opinion....and GM has a slew of those things...

I'll say...you are much more talented with a paint brush, than you were with a basketball.....can't wait to see the kitchen!

LOL I call them as I see them sometimes Smile
#1 - so the winner of the NCAA March Madness is not the national champion just because they didn't play a regular season against all teams in the tournament?
#2 as you said teams are allowed to mix teams via following BNB guidlines which everyone can do
#3 Most actually had to win 4 games but yeah it says provincial champions on the banner Razz
#4 with the exception of the Harvey / McAdam split Juvi team it was our SCHOOL teams who won the Bantam and Midget banners.

We can argue about this all we want but the bottom line is the banners are not just handed out and you do have to play well to win them.....and to win 3 in a weekend isn't all that shabby "real" or not!!!!

considering I was terrible at basketball I am not sure I will take that last comment as a compliment lol

Till next season Douglas!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas



Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm

BTW Doug any chance I can pick up one of those McArvey things at McDonalds the next time I'm in? From watching the Harvey middle school boys play in the tier I league against the big Fredericton middle schools this year and then seeing what they have for midget age players I believe you will be seeing a few of those so called "real banners" in their gym the next few years. I wonder what you will complain about them then? I guess you always have Dave to fall back on when you run out of things to bitch about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: BNB Provincials   Today at 1:51 am

Back to top Go down
 
BNB Provincials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: