HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:56 pm

AAA Provincials
Tourney Ranking - Zone Placing - Team - (Last "Province" Ranking)
1. FV1 Walnut Grove (1)
2. LM1 Kitsilano (4)
3. FV2 White Rock Christian (3)
4. FV3 Yale (2)
5. VI1 Claremont (12)
6. FV4 Mouat (5)
7. OK1 South Kamloops (NR)
8. LM2 Burnaby South (15)
9. FV5 Sardis (21)
10. VI2 Belmont (NR)
11. HS1 Handsworth (19)
12. LM3 St Georges (Cool
13. LM4 Burnaby Mountain (10)
14. FV6 Enver Creek (13)
15. FV7 Terry Fox (17)
16. LM5 Sir Winston Churchill (7)
17. FV8 Pitt Meadows (20)
18. NC1 North Peace (NR)
19. KT1 Mount Baker (NR)
20. NW1 Caledonia (NR)

DAY 1 - Tuesday, March 12

#14 Enver Creek 100 #19 Mount Baker 47
POG: David Ahmad, Enver Creek - 20 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast, 4 stl
#15 Terry Fox 70 #18 North Peace 45
POG: Trevor Casey, Terry Fox - 14 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast, 2 blk
#16 Churchill 67 #17 Pitt Meadows 64 OT
POG: Mindy Minhas, Churchill - 13 pts, 16 reb, 5 ast, 9 stl
#20 Caledonia 59 #13 Burnaby Mtn 50
POG: Marcus Mackay, Caledonia - 30 pts, 9 reb, 3 stl

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallisGood1

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
DAY 1 - Tuesday, March 12

Enver Creek 100 Mount Baker 47
POG: David Ahmad, Enver Creek 20 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast, 4 stl
Terry Fox 70 North Peace 45
POG: Trevor Casey, Terry Fox 14 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast
Churchill 67 Pitt Meadows 64 OT
POG: Mindy Minhas, Churchill 13 pts, 16 reb, 5 ast, 9 stl
Caledonia 59 Burnaby Mtn 50
POG: Marcus Mckay, Caledonia 30 pts 8 reb

Some solid games and some blowouts on teusday at the events center.

Enver creek vs Mount Baker

Didnt see much of this game but no surprise as enver has been solid all year and had a pretty good showing at the valleys.

Terry Fox vs North Peace

In the first quarter it looked like NP could maybe make a game of it, but Fox forced turnover after turnover and starting pulling away after the first quarter.

Pitt Meadows vs Churchill

Game of the tournament already? an extremely exciting back and forth game with two teams who are better than there seedings duking it out on the first day. Churchill couldnt handle Rich(something along the lines of 32 pts and 10 rebs) inside but they were also killing Pitt on the offensive boards. A crazy halfcourt shot with seconds left by Pitt sent it to overtime. In OT both teams struggled to score and a missed three at the buzzer by Pitt gave Churchill a hard earned win. No loser after this one, both teams had great years and were in the top 10 much of the year. Unlucky in the draw for Pitt, Churchill and even Grove who has to play Churchill now.

Bby Mountain vs Caledonia

Another pretty good game, was really impressed with this Caledonia team. A real solid starting 5 with just five good athletes, led by Marcus Mackay and Ethan Mackie. Mackay was knocking down three after three and Mackie has a really nice handle and was getting to the hoop to score fairly regularly. Some solid D by Caledonia combined with a poor shooting night for Bby Mountain was the difference. Congrats to Caledonia on doing what others have struggled to do from there zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:17 am

3 big stories from today:

1.Churchill's win over Pitt in a game featuring the 16th and 17th best teams in the tourney.

2.Burnaby Mountain's loss should be a wake-up call for the Lower Mainland zone. It starts with not having the best teams in the Mainland tourney...and it's then followed up with a questionable seeding system at the Mainland tourney...which leads to today's result.

3.Caledonia's win is a huge cinderella story. It could be one of the greatest stories in tourney history if they could win tomorrow.

Last edited by Sim on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

DAY 2 - Wednesday, March 13

Consolation Games
#17 Pitt Meadows 67 vs #13 Burnaby Mtn 47
POG: Jordan Rich, Pitt - 29 pts, 15 reb, 5 blk, 2 ast
#18 North Peace 75 vs #19 Mount Baker 36
POG: Andrew Stewart, North Peace - 25 pts, 9 reb, 4 stl

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason24

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Sim wrote:
3 big stories from today:

1.Churchill's win over Pitt in a game featuring the 16th and 17th best teams in the tourney.

2.Burnaby Mountain's loss should be a wake-up call for the Lower Mainland zone. It starts with not having the best teams in the Mainland tourney...and it's then followed up with a questionable seeding system at the Mainland tourney...which leads to today's result.

3.Caledonia's win is a huge cinderella story. It could be one of the greatest stories in tourney history if they could win tomorrow.

From looking at your posts, you seem to hate Burnaby Mountain "They haven't beaten any ranked teams all year" "they dont have much talent" when they are ranked 10th in BC and when it comes to lord tweedsmuir which seems to be the team your brother plays PG for you hype like no tomorrow by saying "Paarus is playing like the best grade 12 in BC" and then you act like your not in any way affiliated with them.... and im not sure where all that talent at tweedsmuir went when they only beat the "average talent" at burnaby mountain by 5. Maybe you need to get better at judging talent like the grade 10s from tweedsmuir you say dont belong playing up are probably some of the top grade 10s in BC..... The Bias you show towards van college and tweedsmuir is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hard2thehole

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Sim wrote:

One team from the LM gets upset. Saints, South and Churchill all take care of business on their first days. Kits probably going to hold serve as well.

If VC is in Mountain's place, do they beat Caledonia? Maybe. Do they beat Yale today? No. I'd say the LM is doing pretty well so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallisGood1

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm

hard2thehole wrote:
Sim wrote:

One team from the LM gets upset. Saints, South and Churchill all take care of business on their first days. Kits probably going to hold serve as well.

If VC is in Mountain's place, do they beat Caledonia? Maybe. Do they beat Yale today? No. I'd say the LM is doing pretty well so far.

To be fair, this Caledonia team is much better than years past and even showed against Yale that they belong here. Is it possible that Bby Mountain wasn't one of the 5 best mainland teams? It is, but to say that the Mainland #5 losing to a solid team should be a "wake up call" is unreasonable and and overreaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 pm

DAY 2 - Wednesday, March 13

"Sweet 16"
#8 Bby South 73 #9 Sarids 69
POG: Gino Pagbilao, Bby South - 15 pts, 7 ast, 3 reb
#1 Walnut Grove 74 vs #16 Churchill 62
POG: Mindy Minhas, Churchill - 27 pts, 16 reb, 7 ast 2 stl
#4 Yale 93 vs #20 Caledonia 62
POG: Jauquin Bennett-Boire, Yale - 21 pts, 11 ast, 6 reb
#5 Claremont 80 vs #12 St. Georges 93
POG: Drew Urquhart, St. Georges - 26 pts, 21 reb, 2 stl, 2 blk
#7 South Kamloops 65 vs #10 Belmont 59
POG: Erik Spaven, Belmont - 32 pts, 10 reb
#2 Kitsilano 65 vs #15 Terry Fox 54
POG: Luka Zaharijevic, Kitsilano - 19 pts, 15 reb, 5 blk, 2 ast
#3 WRCA 69 vs #14 Enver Creek 66 OT
POG: Peter Spangehl, WRCA - 19 pts, 16 reb
#6 WJ Mouat 74 vs #11 Handsworth 65
POG: Tristan Etienne, WJ Mouat - 21 pts, 18 reb, 5 blk, 3 stl

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Some good games today, from watching the play one observation that I would offer is that South Kam and Belmont should have been play in games. Looks like the 2 seed Kits gets an easier road then #1. Other than that good games so far today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyLafleur

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 am

Wow, how was the WRCA-Enver game so close?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 am

[quote="Jason24]

From looking at your posts, you seem to hate Burnaby Mountain "They haven't beaten any ranked teams all year" "they dont have much talent" when they are ranked 10th in BC and when it comes to lord tweedsmuir which seems to be the team your brother plays PG for you hype like no tomorrow by saying "Paarus is playing like the best grade 12 in BC" and then you act like your not in any way affiliated with them.... and im not sure where all that talent at tweedsmuir went when they only beat the "average talent" at burnaby mountain by 5. Maybe you need to get better at judging talent like the grade 10s from tweedsmuir you say dont belong playing up are probably some of the top grade 10s in BC..... The Bias you show towards van college and tweedsmuir is unbelievable. [/quote]

I'm glad you set up a brand new account today just to voice your opinion Jason24. I don't have a problem with trolls, but I do take issue with guys who take words out of context. Your cooked-up comments can create a lot of harm, especially to guys like me...who are one of the few on this site who uses his real name.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate Burnaby Mountain. I question the Lower Mainland's process. BTW, I believe this is what I wrote about Burnaby Mountain:

"I like they're coach. He's really good on the sideline.

As for talent, they're very average. I don't think they've beaten a ranked team all year. They did make the finals of the North Shore Invitational early on in the season and they did win the Burnaby/New West Zone championship. They should be ranked in the 13-16 range at the Provincials."

Thanks for paraphrasing my words into your own words. I can now see why how you would've thought I HATE Burnaby Mountain. I'll reiterate that they're an average team. I felt they should've been ranked 13-16(they were ranked 13th). In hindsight, they're probably the 18th best team in the tourney. Tweedsmuir beat Mountain without 2 of their starters. They started 2 grade 10's that game. The only reason the 10's played up this year was that there wasn't enough bodies to field a senior team. Their great kids but they would've been better served playing at the junior level.

I NEVER said that Paarus is the best grade 12 in BC. I said 'Paarus is playing like the top grade 12 point right now". My apologies if you feel 'that's hyping like no tomorrow'. Many high school coaches, college/CIS coaches and others in the local hoops community feel the same way I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:36 am

Observations from day 2....

#32 from Claremont can flat out play. lightning handle to go with some serious hops, loved his baseline dunk.

Some of the top seeds are yet to play to potential. Grove, Kits and White Rock all looked susceptible to certain things and all 3 will need to raise their game if they hope to raise the trophy on Saturday.

Let the players do the warm-up. I don't care how many guys you've got on the payroll, you don't need coaches/entourage out on the floor during the warm-up... it looks bush league imo.

Yale-Saints looks to be the marquee match-up for day 3. Both teams looked good on day 2 and both teams have the personnel to make a deep run... should be entertaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 am

GuyLafleur wrote:
Wow, how was the WRCA-Enver game so close?

I think it's familiarity. When you play a team 3 times in 2 months...anything can happen. Familiarity usually favours the lower seed. Top seed usually plays down to the level of competition. WRCA fell asleep once they got up by 20. Enver's Big 3 outplayed WRCA's Big 4 in the 2nd half. Tyus & Vartan disappeared. They won only because they dominated the offensive boards.

Other thoughts for today:
-Walnut, Kits & White Rock all had tougher games than most expected. Probably the best thing that could've happened to them. A good wake-up call for tomorrow's games...especially Walnut(vs.South) & WRCA(vs.Mouat)

-St.George's beats Claremont in what was probably viewed as the Main Event going into today. Sets them up for tomorrow's showdown vs. Yale.

-Tristan is playing like Bill Russell. WRCA should be worried.
-South beat Sardis. This was probably the closest pick'em game going into today. Walnut's gotta tough game tomorrow.

-S.Kam beat Belmont in 2 of the top 10 teams in the tourney. Still don't know how both of these teams didn't play yesterday. They'll have a tough time vs. Kits tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 am

I hope some CIS school is recruiting Mason Loewen. This kid has great skill and supreme athletic ability as seen by the 2 handed vertical dunk on St. Georges center. Haven't heard a lot from this kid, maybe because he's on the Island, but he and his Claremont team were a joy to watch. St. Georges had to much transition offense going on.

I look at it a little different from my fellow colleagues as at this time of the year a "win is a win". Teams aren't vying for stylish points. Tell me a coach who wouldn't take four 1 point wins if he could hoist that banner. The majority of the games today were close, but what stood out is that clearly the better teams from this season won. Some in dog-fights to the end and that's what good teams do! Secondly there is a clear advantage for good teams that play the day before. Having one game under their belts is an asset going into the 2nd game. I expect all the higher ranking teams to have much better performances tomorrow similar to how they played throughout the season. And Burnaby South game was a nailbiter against Sardis, so I wouldn't be jumping on their bandwagon against Grove. Grove beat a strong Churchill team by duble digits and crushed Sardis in their recent last meeting. South is in very tough against Grove. Kits appears to have the easiest of the quarter-final game, but they'll face a tough semi-final game and Yale vs St. Georges tomorrow is a very interesting game and coaching match-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-5

PostSubject: Yale too tough for Saints   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am

I'd say Yale gets the best of St. George's tonight. They're guards particularly Bennet-Boire are quick and can put on good ball pressure and I don't think the Saints backcourt can handle it defensively or offensively. Saints is not a good perimeter defensive team and Yale gets a ton of offense from guards. Mason Lowen got to rim with ease yesterday almost untouched particularly in the first quarter and the help defense was late quite a bit. They'll have to step it up. ON the other hand, Saints size offensive rebounding could just keep them in it. Should be a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 pm

DAY 3 - Thursday, March 14

Consolation Games
#5 Claremont 49 vs #20 Caledonia 48
POG: Reegin Maki, Caledonia - 23 pts, 8 reb
#9 Sarids 77 vs #16 Churchill 74
POG: Hayden Lejeune, Sardis - 32 pts, 12 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 3 blk
#17 Pitt Meadows 75 vs #19 Mount Baker 19
POG: Graham Smith, Pitt - 13 pts, 11 reb, 2 ast, 3 stl, 1 blk
#13 Burnaby Mtn 83 vs #18 North Peace 31
POG: Atdhe Hajrizi, Bby Mtn - 30 pts, 10 reb, 3ast, 4 stl
#10 Belmont 50 vs #15 Terry Fox 87
POG: Trevor Casey, Terry Fox - 19 pts, 7 reb, 2 ast
#11 Handsworth 54 vs #14 Enver Creek 73
POG: Gurkirat Kular, Enver - 21 pts, 6 reb

DAY 3 - Thursday, March 14

"Elite 8"
#2 Kitsilano 76 vs #7 South Kamloops 62
POG: Jonathan Kongbo, Kitsilano - 10 pts, 13 reb
#3 WRCA 72 vs #6 WJ Mouat 69
POG: Tyus Allen, WRCA - 27 pts, 10 reb
#4 Yale 85 vs #12 St. Georges 96
POG: Drew Urquhart, St. Georges - 27 pts, 20 reb
#1 Walnut Grove 93 vs #8 Bby South 51
POG: Josh Mayorga, Walnut Grove - 23 pts, 15 reb

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Watched my first St George's game of the season yesterday. Do they only play 5 guys? Did the two grade 10's play more during the season? I know Ethan Scott can play, seems weird to move him and Safnuk up to only play a few minutes. But like I said I've only seen the one game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hard2thehole

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Fraser Valley teams not looking so infallible now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:34 am

JrCoachS wrote:
Watched my first St George's game of the season yesterday. Do they only play 5 guys? Did the two grade 10's play more during the season? I know Ethan Scott can play, seems weird to move him and Safnuk up to only play a few minutes. But like I said I've only seen the one game.

Ethan Scott had a great game vs. Yale, 19 pts. in 19 min. of play, highly effective and a difference maker in the game.

hard2thehole wrote:
Fraser Valley teams not looking so infallible now.

Yale seemed like an overrated team to begin with, St. Georges is now running on all cylinders at the right time of year, got the chance to see this game in person and i can honestly say Drew Urquhart might very well be the best player in BC, unbelievable talent, so fundamentally sound with his game with great foot work around the basket.
Game vs. Walnut Grove should be fun, we will see if this Vancouver Independent Cinderella story can continue, game will rest on Urquhart's shoulders, if they can continue to run the offense through him they have a good chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:42 am

DAY 4 - Friday, March 15

Consolation Games
#16 Churchill 74 vs #20 Caledonia 69
POG: Mindy Minhas, Churchill - 26 pts, 8 reb, 6 ast
#10 Belmont 65 vs #11 Handsworth 59
POG: Eric Spaven, Belmont - 22 pts, 12 reb, 2 ast, 4 stl
#4 Yale 89 vs #8 Bby South 76
POG: JJ Pankratz, Yale - 25 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl
#5 Claremont 63 vs #9 Sarids 69
POG: Hayden Lejeune, Sardis - 24 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast, 3 blk
#6 WJ Mouat 77 vs #7 South Kamloops 70
POG: Corey Huack, WJ Mouat - 25 pts, 7reb, 5 ast, 2 stl
#14 Enver Creek 65 vs #15 Terry Fox 59

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopking1

PostSubject: Mouat was robbed   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 am

I saw the games today, and I am not a Mouat fan, but man were they robbed. Allen pushes a guy out of bounds with both hands in front of the ref and NO FOUL. I guess daddy carries weight here also. The foul count was in favor of WRCA. Granted, if the Mouat coach knew how to coach, EG use his big men, it would not have been a game. Yale looked horrible, when your point guard jacks up 40 shots and hits 10 of them, 1 for 12 from 3 point range and 9 for 28 from 2 point range and your other players take 11 or 12, you deserve to lose. Walnut Grove should win it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 am

hoopking1 wrote:
I saw the games today, and I am not a Mouat fan, but man were they robbed. Allen pushes a guy out of bounds with both hands in front of the ref and NO FOUL. I guess daddy carries weight here also. The foul count was in favor of WRCA. Granted, if the Mouat coach knew how to coach, EG use his big men, it would not have been a game. Yale looked horrible, when your point guard jacks up 40 shots and hits 10 of them, 1 for 12 from 3 point range and 9 for 28 from 2 point range and your other players take 11 or 12, you deserve to lose. Walnut Grove should win it all.

I saw the shoving by wrca pointguard and many such pushing went uncalled. The wrca team has been known to be in foul trouble always in the 4th qtr with exception of Sam and they were called always right in the past. It is all just an angle where you get noticed by refs.

Yale made the weekly ranking based on purely weekly win or loss albeit weak schedule. Had they played tough schedule, they would have found a way to win yesterday. Lack of big game experience was the primary reason although they are loaded with talent. 3 years ago, when they dueld out whiterock in a low scoring final, it was their experience helped them to hoist the banner which this year they badly missed. Btw, that was the last game in agrodome.

Last edited by JLivingston on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:36 pm

A couple of observations;

- read the comments in the Abby newspaper by coach of Yale (Friessen). You know, some things are just better kept unsaid and within the constraints of the team. He criticizes his team for lack of emotion / communication. Yet, after watching this team and Coach Friessen's tirades and freaking out on his boys, I would be willing to bet they played in fear of one of his tirades. I thought his comments showed a lack of respect to his team and he should have done better

- who does not love Howard T's passion for high school B-ball. An asset to the game in B.C.. BUT, if I have to read or listen to him talk about the how amazing the boys from Drive are. Apparently, Walnut Grove has already won the tournament. No write-up on accomplished teams like Yale, St.George's. Quotes , "The indomitable Jadon Cohee, the prodigious Mindy Minhas, the unbelievable dual of Corey and Tristan" ..............are there any Grade 12's playing in Provinicals who did not play at Drive in the summers in this tournament? Feel bad for the Provincial team boys and boys who play in other clubs outside of DRIVE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:23 pm

MagicMan wrote:

- who does not love Howard T's passion for high school B-ball. An asset to the game in B.C.. BUT, if I have to read or listen to him talk about the how amazing the boys from Drive are. Apparently, Walnut Grove has already won the tournament. No write-up on accomplished teams like Yale, St.George's. Quotes , "The indomitable Jadon Cohee, the prodigious Mindy Minhas, the unbelievable dual of Corey and Tristan" ..............are there any Grade 12's playing in Provinicals who did not play at Drive in the summers in this tournament? Feel bad for the Provincial team boys and boys who play in other clubs outside of DRIVE.

Howard is always on point and never seems to me to be bias whatsoever, just a passionate fan of high school sports and their high level athlete no matter what affiliation. You are incorrect in that Howard has had two Full Page write ups on St George's leading upto the Provincials, and who can blame any basketball fan gushing about great talents like Cohee and Minhas, arguably the two top offensive talents in the tournament. And Grove is the heavy favorite to win it, by mostly all local basketball pundit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I agree with you on Howard, he is awesome. But I disagree with you about his biasedness though, it looks to me as his source for information must come from Drive (one of many clubs in BC). There are a lot of basketball people throughout BC and who don't live in Vancouver.

I think there are LOTS of good players playing in Provinicals. The quality of the game improves every year. Lots of good stories that would be great to hear. Mason Lowen was the best player I have seen so far in the tournament (if your name is not Drew Urquahart) Never heard of him until watching him play against St. George's. Special player.

Drew and Hayden (Sardis) will be the best Grade 12 players in the province next year and will receive the most notice from the next level of coaching. Both with so much more potential.

Jadon has potential to be an accomplished CIS player (he takes a lot of really bad shots , i.e. long 3's 2 seconds into the shot clock), and Mindy probably shoots around 60% of his teams shots. That strategy did not help his team. Mindy will need to work on his quickness as he won't be a 2 at CIS and will he be big enough to be a 3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Today at 10:57 pm

Back to top Go down

BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next