HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Dick - you just don't read and/or listen very well.

NOBODY is villifying Jadon Cohee. Exceptional talent and great , great kid!!!

The issue - there are plenty of great talents playing, plenty of great stories. Jadon gets so much hype (I think from his club team) that it brings way too much attention. Other great players are playing under the radar.

Stop making this a bad thing Dick. It is about sharing the spotlight. Not Jadon's fault. But so many good players we all want to hear about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Magicman, not disagreeing with your point. Let's praise and highlight as many good players as possible. That's what the biggest HS sporting event is about, but what I'm saying is that many are taking stabs at this kid. Trying to knock him down. No one is saying not to speak of others, but it doesn't have to be done in the same breath as putting Cohee down. I've actually had may tell me how he's been unfairly criticized so it's not just my opinion. The same with Tyus. He got criticized a lot after his first game and is still receiving some. The kids a winner too along with Vartan, Sam and Peter. Here are two great articles on Tyus and Cohee from Northpolehoops that gives you more insight into them:

http://northpolehoops.com/2013/03/16/jadon-cohee-and-walnut-grove-back-on-the-hunt-for-gold/
http://northpolehoops.com/2013/03/16/years-in-the-making-tyus-allen-hits-game-winner-to-earn-wrca-bc-title-berth/

I'm looking forward to a great game like last year. Should be fun and in a packed house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbc245

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Corey Hauck today went 6-32 against yale while his big man, just 7-10! Why not feed him the ball! Corey also went 4-16 from the field against handsworth with 2 assists and 10 TURNOVERS while his big man once again had a great field goal percentage going 8-9. That is some riduculous point guard play...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopking1

PostSubject: Mouat   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:28 pm

You are right about the PG play and the big man getting 10 shots, but having seen Mouat a lot this year, the issue is COACHING!! This guy has no idea on how to coach a team with two bigs and their skills. They should be playing in the finals today if they were coached right. He seems to have a "system" and expects the players to adapt rather than adapt his system to fit what he has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbc245

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 pm

I agree about the coaching but how do you shoot 32 shots in 17 minutes? Esspecially when your missing 80 percent of your shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbc245

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:39 pm

The big white guy and Tristian should get the ball everytime
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopking1

PostSubject: I agree   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:41 pm

basketballbc245 wrote:
I agree about the coaching but how do you shoot 32 shots in 17 minutes? Esspecially when your missing 80 percent of your shots.

I agree, but the coach should be coaching him, pulling him or doing something. We have enough spectators. In the end, it is the coach's duty to run the team. I agree the two bigs need the ball everytime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallisGood1

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 pm

DickVitale2013 wrote:
Sim, I'm glad there is at least someone giving Cohee some credit. He did score field goals in 2nd have but more importantly took over the game when it mattered most. His stat line of 24 point, 8 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 steals and 12-16 from foul line speaks volumes. He was the POG hands down. The semis and finals for all you staticians are what counts in this tourney. Cohee outplayed Urquhart and anyone else on the floor last night, but it's not about him, its about team and they have a lot of fine players who have the ability to be the best on the court on any given night. When did it become so much about players? More importantly whose going to be the next AAA champion!!!!

Why don't we just sum it up and leave it alone that the kid is simply not that good. We'll disregard he's on a top team with other very good players, but still in the tourney's leaders group in scoring at 20 PPG and assists at 6 ppg and has averaged 7 boards/game. We'll ignore the fact that he's been instrumental in getting his team to the finals 2 years in a row and was the Fraser Valley MVP and has help put Walnut Grove on the map and most importantly credit to one of the top coaches George Bergen. Did you all expect him to put up Lebron Jame type stats this year? If he tried to make himself the focal point of the team they wouldn't be where they are and he's not a selfish player. He gets the top defensive player put on him every game. Guarantee every coach is in the locker room focusing their defensive strategies on him. Are you people real pupils of the game or just cynics/critics. I find it very interesting how everyone fell in love with this fearless 10 grader last year and now he is the most vilified player on this site, yet he's ONE win away from another potential championship. You all find some way to undermine this kid (sorry some of you) no matter how he performs including a brilliant game last night.

Personally may the best team tonight win, but I'm really pulling for WG and hoping that Cohee has an equally explosive game as last night and wins to stop the unfair criticism. I hope he doesn't follow Hooplife, but if he does "Jadon there's many of us that think you are tremendous player and more importantly a "winner". Good luck tonight and compete hard! And for the record I feel the same about Tyus. He's a tremendous player and reason why WRCA is in the finals but not the only reason as he plays on a great team with other great players. Cohee is averaging both more points and assists in the tourney than Tyus. That's where some of you need to more weight, the quality of their teams and there contributions and sometimes it's more than just STATISTICS!!!!

Hi Dick,

I think you may be exaggerating slightly about the Cohee criticism. I think most of it is a product of the amount of hype and press that surrounded him after his extraordinary grade 10 year. No one here is going to deny that Cohee is an absolute special player and among the elite that BC has to offer. It's just that all the hype made the expectations way too high, and thus impossible for him or anyone to live up to. Criticism comes with being an elite athlete like Cohee and it is even more magnified when the spotlight is shining so brightly, like it has been with Cohee the last year. This is no fault of his own either, I'm sure if he had it his way he would be just another high school ball player.

I wish absolutely nothing but good fortune for Cohee and every other player who my be taking the next step to post secondary ball. I genuinely hope Jadon has a great game tonight and can lead his team to the victory to make up for the heart break of last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Well taken. I'm just an old timer who loves the game, but mostly the kids. It's like Bill Disbrow being visibly emotional after yesterday's Saints loss and feeling most about and for his players. I guess I'm just about the kids and don't enjoy when we get down on them too much. As an adult or pro athlete I believe you have developed coping mechanisms to deal with being in the spotlight or criticism, no one more then Luongo as an example, but I worry and don't feel that the kids who read hooplife can handle properly negative comments. It's very rare on the HS level for any negative media reports, but with Twitter, Facebook, blogs etc we can say what we feel. I just see it from another perspective with regards to Cohee, Allen et al. I think there has to be a balance. I was a university player and now personally how critical comments would make me feel. Any ways I move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:00 am

Congrats to a classy guy and great coach George Bergen and his Walnut Grove Gaitors on their Provincial Championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:57 am

DAY 5 - Saturday, March 16

Consolation Games
(17th/19th) #19 Mt. Baker 46 vs #20 Caledonia 75
POG: Marcus Mackay, Caledonia - 18 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast
(17th/19th) #11 Handsworth 98 vs #18 North Peace 79
POG: Luka Petkovic, Handsworth - 26 pts, 2 reb, 5 ast, 9 stl
(13th/15th) #16 Churchill 68 vs #17 Pitt Meadows 63
POG: Mindy Minhas, Churchill - 21 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 4 stl
(13th/15th) #10 Belmont 61 vs #13 Burnaby Mtn 58
POG: Owen Vaags, Belmont - 24 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast
(10th/12th) #5 Claremont 70 vs #15 Terry Fox 60
POG: Mason Loewen, Claremont - 9 pts, 8 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk
(9th/11th) #7 S. Kamloops 105 vs #8 Burnaby South 109
POG: Dejan Posavljak, Bby South - 30 pts, 12 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl
(6th/8th) #9 Sardis 57 vs #14 Enver Creek 72
POG: Gurkirat Kular, Enver Creek - 23 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl
(5th/7th) #4 Yale 71 vs #6 WJ Mouat 81
POG: Tristan Etienne, WJ Mouat - 17 pts, 18 reb, 3 ast
(3rd/4th) #2 Kitsilano 66 vs #12 St. Georges 85
POG: Deklun Chung, St. Georges - 29 pts, 6 reb, 3 ast

"Provincial Championship Game"
(1st/2nd) #1 Walnut Grove 59 vs #3 WRCA 53
POG: Jadon Cohee, Walnut Grove - 22 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast, 4 stl

FINAL STANDINGS
1. Walnut Grove - Provincial Champions
2. WRCA
3. St. Georges
4. Kitsilano
5. WJ Mouat
6. Enver Creek
7. Yale
8. Sardis
9. Bby South
10. Claremont
11. S. Kamloops
12. Terry fox
T13. Belmont, Churchill
T15. Burnaby Mtn, Pitt Meadows
T17. Handsworth, Caledonia
T19. Mt. Baker, North Peace

MVP
Jadon Cohee, Walnut Grove

1st Team All-Stars
Jadon Cohee, Walnut Grove
Tyus Allen, WRCA
Luka Zaharijevic, Kitsilano
Josh Mayorga, Walnut Grove
Drew Urquhart, St. Georges

2nd Team All-Stars
Vartan Tanielian, WRCA
Tristan Etienne, WJ Mouat
Gurkirat Kular, Enver Creek
Deklun Chung, St Georges
JJ Pankratz, Yale

3rd Team All-Stars
Elijah Hillis-Gold, S. Kamloops
Peter Spangehl, WRCA
Corey Hauck, WJ Mouat
Mindy Minhas, Churchill
Jauquin Bennett-Boire, Yale

Defensive Player of the Tournament
Deklun Chung, St. Georges

Most Inspirational Player
Mindy Minhas, Churchill

Most Inspirational Team
Churchill

Most Sportsmanlike Team
Enver Creek

School Spirit Award
Sardis

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 am

basketballfan1 wrote:
If WG wins, I think it should be Myorga as he is clearly the difference maker and the best player on the that team. Don't get me wrong, Cohee is a talented player but w/o Myorga they aren't in the finals. He plays with soo much poise, doing everything from defending the opposing teams best post player, leading the break, rebounding and he can put the ball in the hoop.

If WR wins, I think Tanielian should win it as he is the one consistent player for his team. Allen like Cohee is talented, but is too up and down. Now that is his style but he almost cost them the game last night against Kits.

Either way it should be a great final.

After watching the final live, I must say I was wrong about who the MVP should have gone to if WG won the game. Jadon Cohee was the man tonight, especially in the 4th Quarter. Those spin moves to the hoop were unguardable and he made it look so easy. The game was a great end to the season and now we can look forward to the summer.

Will they or won't they play for BC at Nationals (U17) will be the topic of debate.

Urqhart
Cohee
Etienne
Minhas
Lejeune
Bennet-Boire (is he ready to play U17)
Hailey (same as Boire)

Please feel free to add names to the mix that you think would make team BC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baseline

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 pm

A great game last night. Congrats to Walnut Grove and to George Bergen. I really thought that WRCA was going to make another run and pull out another comeback when they tied it up at 53 but Cohee really showed why he is an elite player. I don't mind admitting I called it wrong especially when we get to watch a tourney such as this. Some outstanding grade 11 talent on display this week and that should make for an exciting 2014!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm

The atmosphere in LEC was electric! Basketball BC, LEC, tournament committee, media, teams and fans put on an event that is truly spectacular. I had emotions running through me with the unbelievable introduction on the big screen, the National Anthem and watching the throngs of WRCA and WG supporters. No where is this event equaled anywhere else in Canada. The game had so much drama and excitement, tension that could be cut with a knife. People said their hearts were in their throats and they were sweating. WG pulling a 9 point lead on a Cohee three and with 5 minutes left in the game looking as if they assumed command, but White Rock as they've done all season and tourney dug deep one more time and fought hard to tie the game on Vartan's short jumper. The game was up for grabs, who was going to execute, going to lay everything on the line to pull it out and it was Cohee's dramatic spin dribble for 2 that lit up the Center and the mostly WG supporters. They then clamped down on defence, caused turnover, rebounded and hit key foul shots. A poignant moment was watching Bergen with his hands in the air in celebration and the Gator Nation knocking over the barriers, rushing to embrace their schoolmates. After numerous years of coaching and getting the most out of his players and seeing his head bowed last year with the gut-wrenching loss it must be a moment he'll treasure forever and knows the journey was worth it.

Congratulations to the Gators, you deserved this championship. Your teamwork, determination and dedication to get back to the Finals was inspiring to us all. It's a year I'll remember for a long time. Congratulations to Jadon for showing that you are one helluva player, no one has more ice in their veins than you. You appear to thrive on pressure and games like these are all about handling pressure. Mayorga you are are one of te toughest and winners I've ever seen. You'll do anything it takes to win a game. Shin, Getz, Hoffman, Derton and Walde-Morian came to play last night. The bench were there supporting with enthusiasm. Your a team of very good players and I hope to see you continue on with your career.

I thought the keys to the game were when WG went to the 1-3-1 extended. It seemed to frustrate WRCA and get them out of sync and took their key players out of the game and Cohee's penetration. WRCA played aggressive man-to-man defence and Cohee's ability to consistently get to the rim created good Gator scoring opportunities. The inspirational play of Walde-marian was a joy to watch. That kid left his heart on the floor. His block on Tyus on the backboard sent the gym into a frenzy. I thought overall that the game was very poorly officiated and appeared to go against WG. There were many calls that they did not get, but yet they persevered and eventually pulled it out. I must say that WG's defence is not truly appreciated as they kept all top players pretty much in check all tourney and that's how you win championships.

A great season of HS basketball and we'll be doing it soon once again. Your right the big topic of conversation will be the U17 Provincial team and will these 2014 studs participate or not. Sukjot Bains and Denver Spark are others in the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyLafleur

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Hats off to Walnut Grove, well-deserved after last year's loss

Just a few notes from the game:

1. Tyus Allen has so much heart
2. Jadon Cohee has a lethal spin move, but he seems to love using it when he goes to his right hand. When he goes left, he goes all the way to the hoop, when he goes right, he loves that ultra-fast spin move back to his left hand. Used that very move to hit the game winner.
3. Wolde-Marian(sp?) had a monster game. Kid's got a great motor and was giving it everything he had yesterday.
4. Why was Scott Allen the coach standing up during the game? Shouldn't Shury have been the one standing? Was Allen doing this all tournament? Was Allen helping out with coaching WRCA all year or did he just help out at provincials? Legitimately curious. If he was only helping during provincials, seems kind of insulting for Shury to be quietly sitting on the bench as an assistance coach when he was the main one guiding and coaching this team all year.

Also, for the U17 BC team, Antonio Jhuty and Gurjit Pooni from Palmer both may have a shot at making it as the 8-12 players. Pooni played on the U16 BC team last year and Jhuty played club team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geddy

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

DickVitale2013 wrote:
The atmosphere in LEC was electric! Basketball BC, LEC, tournament committee, media, teams and fans put on an event that is truly spectacular. I had emotions running through me with the unbelievable introduction on the big screen, the National Anthem and watching the throngs of WRCA and WG supporters. No where is this event equaled anywhere else in Canada. The game had so much drama and excitement, tension that could be cut with a knife. People said their hearts were in their throats and they were sweating. WG pulling a 9 point lead on a Cohee three and with 5 minutes left in the game looking as if they assumed command, but White Rock as they've done all season and tourney dug deep one more time and fought hard to tie the game on Vartan's short jumper. The game was up for grabs, who was going to execute, going to lay everything on the line to pull it out and it was Cohee's dramatic spin dribble for 2 that lit up the Center and the mostly WG supporters. They then clamped down on defence, caused turnover, rebounded and hit key foul shots. A poignant moment was watching Bergen with his hands in the air in celebration and the Gator Nation knocking over the barriers, rushing to embrace their schoolmates. After numerous years of coaching and getting the most out of his players and seeing his head bowed last year with the gut-wrenching loss it must be a moment he'll treasure forever and knows the journey was worth it.

Congratulations to the Gators, you deserved this championship. Your teamwork, determination and dedication to get back to the Finals was inspiring to us all. It's a year I'll remember for a long time. Congratulations to Jadon for showing that you are one helluva player, no one has more ice in their veins than you. You appear to thrive on pressure and games like these are all about handling pressure. Mayorga you are are one of te toughest and winners I've ever seen. You'll do anything it takes to win a game. Shin, Getz, Hoffman, Derton and Walde-Morian came to play last night. The bench were there supporting with enthusiasm. Your a team of very good players and I hope to see you continue on with your career.

I thought the keys to the game were when WG went to the 1-3-1 extended. It seemed to frustrate WRCA and get them out of sync and took their key players out of the game and Cohee's penetration. WRCA played aggressive man-to-man defence and Cohee's ability to consistently get to the rim created good Gator scoring opportunities. The inspirational play of Walde-marian was a joy to watch. That kid left his heart on the floor. His block on Tyus on the backboard sent the gym into a frenzy. I thought overall that the game was very poorly officiated and appeared to go against WG. There were many calls that they did not get, but yet they persevered and eventually pulled it out. I must say that WG's defence is not truly appreciated as they kept all top players pretty much in check all tourney and that's how you win championships.

A great season of HS basketball and we'll be doing it soon once again. Your right the big topic of conversation will be the U17 Provincial team and will these 2014 studs participate or not. Sukjot Bains and Denver Spark are others in the mix.

Strategy was to make jadon go right on his drives. He is not as good when he goes right as opposed to left. We will take our chances with off balanced, in the air shots off of the right. It worked for us most of the season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Just ask Fox about that with 22 seconds left on the clock .He went right very well .Thank you very much ...I would like to comment more on there 1 - 3 - 1 which wasn't very good .Tje big guy in the middle played it very passively unfortunately WRCA had an off night shooting the ball from outside which made it look better than it was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 am

I don't know if Scott Allen coached during practices and he was at few games with TWU schedule. He paced the sideline for 3 of the game I saw, appeared to be the main person in control. They hurt WRCA in the Valley's with the 1-3-1 and WRCA seemed better prepared to handle it at Provincials. When they extended in the 4th WR seemed out of sorts especially the last few minutes. They did shoot poorly, but the 1-3-1 was active and shots were being contested. They seemed hesitant at times on their outside shooting. Of the 4 games I saw of WR vs Grove Cohee had 20 or more points in 3 of them including Frasers. All players have their tendencies like Tyus likes going left a lot and shooting with the left hand, but as we saw he broke down Kits on the winning basket going right. Good pentrators have various attack and counter-attack moves. On those spin dribbles he drove right help side came totally over and he countered with spin move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:04 pm

DickVitale2013 wrote:
I thought overall that the game was very poorly officiated and appeared to go against WG. There were many calls that they did not get, but yet they persevered and eventually pulled it out. I must say that WG's defence is not truly appreciated as they kept all top players pretty much in check all tourney and that's how you win championships.

I agree with your assessment that officiating is not at its best but I can not say it is prevalent during the entire game but only first 2 quarters. Obviosuly lot of calls went in favor of whiterock. Some are so blantant even for layman. But it is settled down after half time. Overall fantastic game and both the teams are wiiners at the end. Most of the fouls were untentional except the last foul on getz by Tyus who pushed him to baseline on breakaway lay up. That is only black mark. I saw lot of people who came to game with no affliation to either team just to enjoy the local boys battling out instead of UFC or canucks etc. This is what the HS basketball needed and need to promote in future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Interesting point! Was this a bigger crowd than last year and had George St. Piere not been fighting and the Canucks playing do you think LEC would have been sold out? The folk from Ontario based Northpolehoops went on and on about the event and atmosphere surrounding the Provincials. Not equaled in Quebec norOntario. I give it a 10+. Have to give o much thanks to LEC for that production. It has to be inspiring to the next generation of players. Parking is an issue though, but then again the PNE grounds were a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:10 am

DickVitale2013 wrote:
Interesting point! Was this a bigger crowd than last year and had George St. Piere not been fighting and the Canucks playing do you think LEC would have been sold out? The folk from Ontario based Northpolehoops went on and on about the event and atmosphere surrounding the Provincials. Not equaled in Quebec norOntario. I give it a 10+. Have to give o much thanks to LEC for that production. It has to be inspiring to the next generation of players. Parking is an issue though, but then again the PNE grounds were a nightmare.

Yes, it is interesting. The row below me, a young father with 3 kids ages ranging between 10 to 6 initiated the talk asking about games, programs of various schools etc. He said he has been bringing his kids from quarter finals upto final game to create awarnes and trigger the interest of basketball to his kids. He has been applauding all great moves, hustle of both teams and his kids were jumping up and down for everything. Awesome sight indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 pm

DickVitale2013 wrote:

The 2013 BC AAA Boys Championship game had the highest attendance ever for the final in the LEC with 4,443 fans in attendance this year, last years Walnut Grove/Terry Fox final had 4,061 in attendance, and the year before with the RC Palmer/Vancouver College final had 4,014 in attendance.
http://www.langleytimes.com/sports/198992621.html

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm

That number is not even in the ballpark for biggest crowd to ever see a final.
Yes, it was the biggest ever at the LEC, but when Richmond and Steveston played at the Agrodome, the organizers admitted off the record that the number was almost 7,000. Way over capacity, but they just let everyone in. There were no aisles, standing room everywhere.
There was a high of somewhere near 11,000 when the final was held at Roger's Arena.
This year's final crowd was excellent and the atmosphere was great but in terms of numbers in attendance, nowhere near the record.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Jordan Rich   Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:52 am

Jordan Rich of Pitt Meadows averaged 39 pts /40 minute game (best in tournament - next closest was about 31 pts) and 17.78 rebounds (3rd) on the same basis. He shot 64.8% from the field (8th) and had 1.09 pts /shot (9th). He dominated the tournament statistically, yet I don't see him on any of the three all-star teams. I have never seen him play, so maybe I am missing something, but it seems he deserves credit for a fantastic tournament. Anyone have any insight here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallisGood1

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Mark Scott wrote:

Jordan Rich of Pitt Meadows averaged 39 pts /40 minute game (best in tournament - next closest was about 31 pts) and 17.78 rebounds (3rd) on the same basis. He shot 64.8% from the field (8th) and had 1.09 pts /shot (9th). He dominated the tournament statistically, yet I don't see him on any of the three all-star teams. I have never seen him play, so maybe I am missing something, but it seems he deserves credit for a fantastic tournament. Anyone have any insight here?

Jordan flew under the radar this year, i believe he was one of if not the best grade 12 player in BC this year. He's a 6'8 center with a big wingspan and really nice touch around the basket. Pitt, who usually does run their offense through there big, did the same with jordan this year. As you said, he dominated the tournament, however Pitt's low finish probably is the reason he was not ano all star. I would of slotted him as a third teamer though. Next year graham smith will take the reigns as the Pitt big man, joining a pretty elite group. With Rich, Severinski, Lewandowski, Pelton, Kool, Christensan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013   Today at 5:13 am

Back to top Go down

BC "AAA" Championship - Langley Events Centre - March 12-16, 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next