HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A BOYS PROVINCIALS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
New_Guy22

PostSubject: 4A BOYS PROVINCIALS   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Well here are the results:

Sweet 16:

LCI 104 Westwood 41
Oleary 91 Notre Dame 65

St. Mary's 97 Harry Ainlay 79
Bishop Grandin 77 Foothills 65

St. Francis Xavier 73 Winston Churchill 47
Bishop O'Byrne 83 Hunting Hills 80

Sir Winston Churchill 76 Jasper Place 65
Cardston 102 Grand Prairie 53

Quarter Finals:

LCI 82 Oleary 64
Bishop Grandin 69 St. Mary's 65

St. Francis Xavier 71 Bishop O'Byrne 56
Cardston 87 Sir Winston Churchill 74

Semifinals

Bishop Grandin 78 LCI 71
Cardston 77 St. Francis Xavier 76 (Overtime)

Gold Medal:
Cardston 71 Bishop Grandin 66

3rd Place:
LCI 81 St. Francis Xavier 72

Now that it is over what are everybody's thoughts? Surprises? Best players in the tournaments? Best games in the tournament?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: 4A BOYS PROVINCIALS   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 am

I don't know about you guys but after watching Cardston play this weekend, I have no doubts that they were the best team within the province. I love how they always pushed the break regardless of what occurs within the game and the team-oriented style of basketball that they employ. I also believe that Justin Folsom is the best point guard in Alberta this year as one could clearly see how important he is to his team. In the St. FX and Cardston game, one can immediately see the difference between the team with and without Folsom as he fouled out). I was a Grandin believer from day one but when I saw Cardston play against Churchill (and from what I saw, Churchill even had a nice 3 point shooting game), I had to admit that they were the team to beat and rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
northhooplife

PostSubject: Re: 4A BOYS PROVINCIALS   Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 am

No one. Cardston did have a solid team this year, possibly better than last years team. however, you must not have seen them play much this year if you think Justin Folsom is even a top player in the province. you said he is the best PG in AB this year but he didnt even get a second team all star for the south zone??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No one

PostSubject: Re: 4A BOYS PROVINCIALS   Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:33 pm

It is true that I have only seen Justin Folsom play in this Provincial tournament and the finals of last year. However he has impressed me greatly within those 4 games. Therefore, I might be wrong in saying that Folsom is a top player within Alberta and a top guard in Alberta. However, the Justin Folsom I witnessed is still, in my honest opinion, a top player in Alberta and top 2 point guard. Maybe he doesn't do that on a consistent basis, I'll never know. Maybe Folsom is actually some terrible player who just had a lucky tournament. From what I saw, he dominated Grandin while Brandon Karl (Whom I assume was one of the best guards in South) struggled greatly against them. But again, I've only seen LCI play once so it might have been a bad game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball123

PostSubject: Re: 4A BOYS PROVINCIALS   Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Ok northhooplife, I'll agree with you on one thing and that is Justin Folsom didn't have the greatest year. But i disagree with you on everything else. Justin Folsom along with a few other great seniors led the Cardston cougars to a 36 and 2 record. That's pretty amazing. Watching the cougars play justin folsom had his up and downs but he is the point guard of that team and he always had control of the floor. All you must of noticed is that he didnt score his 20 points a game. a true point guard is a floor general and is willing to take away some of his shots to get others shots. and for not getting an allstar selection was a joke. i have talked to many people and they agree he should have gota first team allstar. He got screwed, and if you arent still convinced that hes one of the best point guards, just remeber he has been the leading scorer and passer for the cardston cougars in the last 2 provincial tournaments. he has 2 rings what can you say.He plays amazing in games that really matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A BOYS PROVINCIALS   Today at 1:04 am

Back to top Go down

4A BOYS PROVINCIALS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1