HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2013 BC Allstars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lukester0506

PostSubject: 2013 BC Allstars    Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 am

Just curious when this will be taking place and where it will be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
ebe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 am

The All-Star Game is Saturday April 21st at 4:00pm at the Langley Events Centre. Rosters below:
Coach Bergen ‘s Team
6 JJ Pankratz
3 Montell Lindgren
32 Josh Mayorga
21 Chase Ruttenberg
10 Deklan Chung
32 Jesse Mushiana
10 Elijah Hillis-Gold
16 Erik Spaven
10 Ryan Lintell
7 Drew Schultz
12 Alex Hart

Coach Allen’s Team
7 Gurkirat Kular
7 Liam Horne
6 Tyus Allen
9 Peter Spangehl
17 Vartan Tanielian
4 Luka Petkovic
9 Jamie Madewan
15 Luka Zaharijevic
12 Jordan Charles
32 Mason Loewen
13 Aaron Madaisky

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanciity

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

I may come off a bias seeing as how I'm a AA fan. And I completely understand constructing rosters like these are hard and are very subjective.

I don't see how Montell is on this list. I agree he is a great player but how he is on this list when there is no mention of Patrick Simon (ACRSS) or Mark Yorath (SMU). Patrick Simon was the leading scoring for the AA provincials (not to mention he only got honourable mention) and Mark played very well offensively and defensively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Let the critiquing begin. Tough to pick a provincial all star squad of 22 kids mixing A, AA and AAA and making sure all regions of the province are covered. I only followed AAA this year. A couple of players who would not be out of place at all playing in this game include Paul Getz (Walnut Gove), Sam Ykema (WRCA), Tylon Barker (St. George's) and Justin Sze (Kitsilano). All played key roles on the top 4 teams in the province and I would assume averaged at least 16-18 ppg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nuttinbutnet

PostSubject: High School all-star   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 pm

I do not agree with the politics of this game. Why does the whole province have to be represented? The best 22 kids are the best 22 kids, no matter if they play in Vancouver, Kamloops, etc, A, AA or AAA, the best is the best, this is just politics, it is not a true all-star game for the province, it is a make people feel good about the little guy is being recognized. Cut the politics, field the best 22 kids, or have regional all-star games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopfan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 pm

MagicMan wrote:
Let the critiquing begin. Tough to pick a provincial all star squad of 22 kids mixing A, AA and AAA and making sure all regions of the province are covered. I only followed AAA this year. A couple of players who would not be out of place at all playing in this game include Paul Getz (Walnut Gove), Sam Ykema (WRCA), Tylon Barker (St. George's) and Justin Sze (Kitsilano). All played key roles on the top 4 teams in the province and I would assume averaged at least 16-18 ppg.

I would probably agreed with you on Getz, Ykema and Barker but Sze, he did not had a good tournament; he only average 11 ppg, game high 18 and 7 assists for the entire tournament, compares to the point guards selected average 20+ per game and high 20s game high. You could only have so many pg in a team how would Sze fit in??? Having said, some players might have been invited but not able to attend on that day…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hard2thehole

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Coach Allens team is stacked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:11 am

I would have liked to have seen Getz included considering he played on the #1 Team and WRCA the runner-up have three invited to the game. Barker should be considered as well if some withdraw. Bergen's team is equally stacked and should make for a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:54 am

These are all terrific players but I am sorry, but I don't think Mushiana belongs in this game. He had a good season, but Getz, Barker had a better season than Jesse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-5

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am

I don't think these teams sacrifice talent to represent all areas of the province at all. The representatives from the smaller towns on the teams I'd say are completely deserving.

As far As Jesse goes,he's deserving too. The man owns the boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 BC Allstars    Today at 7:12 am

Back to top Go down

2013 BC Allstars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1