HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Most underestimated Senior team in BC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Coach CJ

PostSubject: Most underestimated Senior team in BC   Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:57 am

Kitsilano is a prime example of a top team next year that is not getting the credit it deserves in terms of rankings for the pre season. Kitsilano had a stellar team last year yet their season had high expectations which were not fully met and unfortunately they came up short in the provincials. I believe Kitsilano can have a more successful campaign next year with some noteworthy players being brought up. James Hynes and Jonathan Kongbo are two high potential players and already quite skilled players remaining on the team for the start of the next season as they going into grade 12. Cole Bayne is much improved player who started for the B team last year who will be playing for Kitsilanos senior team this year who is exceptionally well rounded. Many factors will make this Kitsilano team successful but I believe the addition of Petar Zaharijevic will be the icing on the cake for this flourishing Kitsilano squad. Petar is ideal for the sixth man role as he is a high volume shooter who can score in bunches. His outside game is tremendous and he is exceptional at creating for his own shot as well as being a spot up shooter from just about anywhere on the floor. Petar may lack the expected athleticism for a senior guard, but more than makes up for it with his fundamentally sound skills and natural basketball IQ. Petar may also be considered a tweener guard and slightly overweight but if he grows like his brother, former Kitsilano all-star Luka, his ceiling is sky's the limit. Overall Petar is a deadly outside shooter, with quite good handles and passing abilities, making him a perfect sixth man for the Kitsilano Demons.I advise you to watch this next years Kitsilano squad with intent, as them and their sixth man Petar Zaharijevic, look to make some noise in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Most underestimated Senior team in BC   Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:58 pm

I completely agree with you. Kitsilano is a strong program with a great tradition. I have seen the younger brother of the Zaharijevic play, he is exceptionally good. Ability to score at will and never hesitate to break down a defender and take him for a dance. I think Peter Zaharjievic could provide the scoring off the bench like Harden had for Oklahoma last season. But with Petar on the bench who would be the 5 players next year starting? Also who would be the top 10 next year in your book?
Back to top Go down
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Most underestimated Senior team in BC   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 pm

The way I looked at the ranking for Kits was that 90% of their current team is graduating and their Juniors finished 5th in the City whereas perhaps they should have been top 3 (SWC, KIL, KITS).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most underestimated Senior team in BC   Today at 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
Most underestimated Senior team in BC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1