HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top class of 2015 players.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coach SJS

PostSubject: Top class of 2015 players.   Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 pm

In my opinion these are the top players from the class of 2015 in bc (No order)
Jauquin Bennet Boire
Ethan Scott
Jermaine Haley
Taylor Browne
Josh Charles
Jomari Reyes
Anthony Hokanson
Cordell Parker

Feel free to add any or critique my list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hard2thehole

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Graham Smith is better than Hokanson. Hokanson has a nice stroke but he has a lot of work to do to improve on the other side of the court.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach SJS

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 pm

I wouldn't exactly call graham a lock down defender either, both players play very different styles. Graham is more of a banger and Hokanson is more of a finesse player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 am

Haley is special. He's the best BC prospect I've seen since Olynyk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 pm

My Top 10 for the Class of 2015
1. Jermaine Haley, Burnaby South
2. Taylor Browne, Holy Cross
3. Ethan Scott, St. Georges
4. Cordell Parker, Gleneagle
5. Graham Smith, Pitt Meadows
6. Jomari Reyes, Terry Fox
7. Josh Charles, Cowichan
8. Anthony Hokanson, Kitsilano
9. Bryce Derton, Walnut Grove
10. Liam Hancock, Terry Fox

*Jauquin Bennett-Boire - Likely to head South for Prep. School next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-5

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 am

Derek Safnuk (St George's) has to be on that list. Played senior as a grade 10 for a provincial semi-finalist and got minutes off the bench.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach SJS

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Derek is certainly a good player but i don't see him taking anyones spot in the top 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigwestball

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:37 pm

My top 10
1. Jermaine Haley
2. Taylor Browne
3. Cordell Parker
4. Josh Charles
5. Bryce Derton
6. Jamari Reyes
7. Ethan Scott
8. Graham Smith
9. Liam Hancock
10. Anthony Hokanson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilJackson

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 pm

1. Josh Charles
2. Jermaine Haley
3. Grahem Smith
4. Ethan Scott
5. Taylor Browne
6. Cordell Parker
7. Anthony Hokanson
No others worth mentioning.

Jauquin Bennett Boire - Rumoured to be attending a school in the US. next fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaabbfan

PostSubject: 2015 Top Ten Players   Wed May 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Bryce Derton from WG is definately a top 10 pick. Saw him play last season for Goulet and BC Provincial team. Very impressive offense - good shooter. He will be valuable to Cohee this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilJackson

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Wed May 22, 2013 8:58 pm

aaabbfan wrote:
Bryce Derton from WG is definately a top 10 pick. Saw him play last season for Goulet and BC Provincial team. Very impressive offense - good shooter. He will be valuable to Cohee this season.

Watched Derton play a number of times. In my opinion, he is very over-rated. Very slow, decent shooter and a low quality motor. Cannot play at the defensive end.

Anyone know if he is playing with a club team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Wed May 22, 2013 10:13 pm

PhilJackson wrote:
aaabbfan wrote:

Watched Derton play a number of times. In my opinion, he is very over-rated. Very slow, decent shooter and a low quality motor. Cannot play at the defensive end.

Bryce Derton is playing for the Drive U16 Elite team.
Athletic wing who can score in in a variety of ways, good in traffic, deceptive speed, uses body well when slashing from the wing, good jump shooter, and effective rebounder who uses his length and great hops effectively. But should use athleticism and length better on the defensive end. Did not see p/t last season on deep Grove squad but will be a big contributor next season. Good prospect, hardly over-rated.
(Already chatter about him on Baylor University (Div.1) forums)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaabbfan

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 am

Derton has natural fluid ability. Underrated is more accurate. Uses his size well - aggressive rebounder and can bring the ball up well. Keep watch on him this season. Now being major player on WG squad will have opportunity to improve any weak traits he may have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hard2thehole

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Tue May 28, 2013 3:55 am

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
PhilJackson wrote:
aaabbfan wrote:

Quite the misleading statement there Jesus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Tue May 28, 2013 3:31 pm

hard2thehole wrote:
JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
PhilJackson wrote:
aaabbfan wrote:

Quite the misleading statement there Jesus.

LOL.. Good catch "hard2thehole", I was wondering if anyone would catch that last part, the statement itself could be construed as 'misleading' but NOT inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basedgod1984

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:01 am

Kids being slept on are: Armaan Khangura, some of the best poise and a good leader for his age. Saw him play all year and he could go for 10-10 or easily go off for 25-30pts. Needs to work his defense and strength and speed.
Sahil Dhami: Gets buckets. Any place inside the 2 pt line he's a threat. Consistently scored 20 pts. Needs to improve on the defensive side and compete level. Wasn't always 100% in.
Justin Mason: Hits 3's anywhere. Has a solid array rip and attack. His compete level is through the roof, played up a year and saw him score double digits against provincial teams consistently!
Ethan Scott- I was blown away. Spin moves in full transition and good at utilizing his body. Needs to get a step or two quicker but man this kid competes hard!
Haven't seen a lot of Vancouver ball to comment but this kids are being overlooked!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iball4food

PostSubject: Ethan Scoot   Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:51 am

Impressed at his skills, but this kid is a poor sport and has an attitude the size of Vancouver. I went to the North Pole Hoops camp on the Saturday, his team lost badly to a weaker team that just outplayed them, they had Hauck and another small guard that killed them. I saw him give a few cheap shots out when they could not win anymore, showed VERY poor sportsmanship on the court. this happened all day. Loads of talent, but he needs to get mentally tough to go anywhere. They were a lot better players there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mason2013

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:48 am

iball4food....I have been reading your posts this evening regarding the Canada Games U17 team and your claims to have played and coached in three different countries .... my question is if you were so well respected please please tell me why you would make a comment without knowing this young man???  Your opinion comes from watching what?  one event?

To educate you:

Those of us that have had the pleasure to know Ethan and his family, know his desire to win every time he steps on the court and well as his work ethic and also know that he is perhaps the youngest player in his grad class.... AND  he is an incredible teammate.  I appreciate the fact that you spoke of his talent so I didn't have to remind you he also saw court time on the senior St. George's team at this years provincials.
Can you please cut him a little slack and maybe just maybe understand that this 15 year old has been competing with 17 and 18 year olds???  Not exactly an easy thing to keep your emotions under control at all times when you are competitive and as passionate about the game as Ethan is.  To add, I wasn't there but I would find it a stretch for Ethan to give "cheap shots"....his father and more often than not his grandfather attend almost every event Ethan participates in  and simply put that is not something they would tolerate.

Perhaps in future posts you could exercise a little class in the words you use.  Positive feedback is encouraged otherwise please keep your negativity to yourself. Remember... these young kids do read this..... you are a father would you appreciate someone who didn't know your child writing something of the same nature.... I doubt it.

Ethan...keep working hard young man, your talent is undeniable and those of us that have watched your grow from that little 7 year old, know eexactly how hard and how many years and countless hours you have worked to get to the level you are at.  Please pay the above comment of ONE no mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iball4food

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 am

You are right , I do not know him, I am objective when I just report what I saw. I did not know when he was seven, I never him before that day. What I saw was a kid with mounds of talent, that throw two cheap shots when his team was losing. If you would read his North Pole Hoops review, it states that he is a great cheerleader on the sidelines, but not a leader on the court. I saw him throw a shoulder on a screen on a smaller player who had burned him three times on lay-ups, and he pulled a dirty move. he has talent. I just say what I se, I have no vested interest in any player, unlike the bias on this forum.
I hope that he works hard, loses the negative edge and becomes as gracious in losing as in winning. He has the skill, now he needs the mental toughness.
Unlike most of you, I just say what I see, I have no kids that play here, I just enjoy this forum and seeing the myopia of some of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mason2013

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:10 am

again, everyone has an opinion. However, you saw him ONCE, as someone that has been part of coaching for 35 years I would think you either could have done a little more research before posting such a comment. Last time I checked you were not a recruiter.... Ethan is a young man 15 years of age, is he perfect no...

But since you have so much to say, maybe give Coach K a call too...Ethan has attended his training camps, don't think it was his opinion....

Really you just need to do as you said you would and just go away with "what you see...." or maybe I should say "what you want to see"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top class of 2015 players.   Today at 1:05 am

Back to top Go down

Top class of 2015 players.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1