HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Canada Summer Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iball4food

PostSubject: BC U17   Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 pm

baller2sk wrote:
coachinainteasy wrote:
Easy boys... easy! Let's look at this as a general decline in boys basketball over the last decade... Don't start blaming these kids or the coaches.
Oh my goodness we have the talent to compete for a gold medal but unfortunately the talent is now spread out over the entire province and Basketball BC is not the team of choice for top level talent.
I watched the Quebec game, no Corey Hauck??????????? I saw this young man at the North Pole Hoops camp, and he starred and was in the prospects game. His team went 4-1 with 5 players and one of the youngest guys was on his team, but he played great with Corey.
You wonder why kids don't play Basketball BC, the politics, the BS, the low level of coaches, WHY? You have the U15 team coached by a single A private Christian school coach, the U17 assistant is from a small town school. The good coaches stay away.
Until Basketball BC wakes up and ends the political games, we will always look bad at the nationals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

iball4food wrote:
baller2sk wrote:
coachinainteasy wrote:
Easy boys... easy! Let's look at this as a general decline in boys basketball over the last decade... Don't start blaming these kids or the coaches.
Oh my goodness we have the talent to compete for a gold medal but unfortunately the talent is now spread out over the entire province and Basketball BC is not the team of choice for top level talent.
I watched the Quebec game, no Corey Hauck??????????? I saw this young man at the North Pole Hoops camp, and he starred and was in the prospects game. His team went 4-1 with 5 players and one of the youngest guys was on his team, but he played great with Corey.
You wonder why kids don't play Basketball BC, the politics, the BS, the low level of coaches, WHY? You have the U15 team coached by a single A private Christian school coach, the U17 assistant is from a small town school. The good coaches stay away.
Until Basketball BC wakes up and ends the political games, we will always look bad at the nationals.  
Yeah its a mind boggler.... Its the same coach that decided 9 guys on last years 17u team were safe regardless of how well their tryout went. I noticed one thing about his coaching style he loves point guards who have no offence and the only skill is to pass the ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iball4food

PostSubject: I agree   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 pm

I spoke with a few parents of the u15 team, and some kids had no business on the team, it was all pre-picked, no matter what the tryouts brought. OH yeah, the few kids that did not have to try out but were on the team,great message sent! Basketball BC is a joke, will always be a joke, until new progressive leaders emerge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 am

iball4food I love the way you just throw out unsubstantiated rumours that have nothing to do with the facts. You throw out the word "politics" like it has some magic meaning yet you have no idea what it even means. If you are implying that there is some huge conspiracy to select only certain players then you are just flat out ignorant. I have been in the room on many occasions when it comes to selections and there are no agendas of any kind going on. The coaches honestly try to pick the best players possible - end of story. You can certainly argue about the merits of some players over others but I am so sick and tired of people who shout "politics" but provide no evidence whatsoever.
I guess since you saw one player at an NPH camp that makes you an expert? You also attack the coaches because they are from a small school or because they coach at the "A" level, what does that have to do with their coaching ability. I could list for you what some of these dedicated men have accomplished but it would be wasted on you. By the way baller2sk the coach last year had nothing to do with the 9 players chosen to the first team. That was the policy of BBC last year that 9 players would be selected immediately and the other would fight it out for the last three spots. Again I would recommend that you do a little research before throwing out inaccurate criticism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 am

The U17 boys played very good today and really outplayed Quebec for most of the game but again they had a tough time executing down the stretch. It was their best effort of the games thus far but they are still looking for their first win. Hopefully they will continue to play at that level in their remaining games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iball4food

PostSubject: Your opinion   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 am

I have seen firsthand for years how this works. I have coached in other provinces, and your old boys network here is so blatant. I have spent 35 years in this sport in three countries. You can go back to your old boys network and pick your buddies players, etc. Thank God my kids are all grown and I do not have to subject them to this. They played in another province and did well, the BEST players made it with the BEST coaches. I speak from seeing things in three countries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBN

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 am

ebe wrote:
The U17 boys played very good today and really outplayed Quebec for most of the game but again they had a tough time executing down the stretch. It was their best effort of the games thus far but they are still looking for their first win. Hopefully they will continue to play at that level in their remaining games.

I would suggest that this would have been a win if you were coaching! Really disppointing. Although this was probably Todds best coaching performance to date still fell short because of bad decisions down the stretch. I not going to go into details because kids are involved and that would not be fair to them, they really played hard and should be congratulated on thier performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:35 am

ebe wrote:
iball4food I love the way you just throw out unsubstantiated rumours that have nothing to do with the facts. You throw out the word "politics" like it has some magic meaning yet you have no idea what it even means. If you are implying that there is some huge conspiracy to select only certain players then you are just flat out ignorant. I have been in the room on many occasions when it comes to selections and there are no agendas of any kind going on. The coaches honestly try to pick the best players possible - end of story. You can certainly argue about the merits of some players over others but I am so sick and tired of people who shout "politics" but provide no evidence whatsoever.
I guess since you saw one player at an NPH camp that makes you an expert? You also attack the coaches because they are from a small school or because they coach at the "A" level, what does that have to do with their coaching ability. I could list for you what some of these dedicated men have accomplished but it would be wasted on you. By the way baller2sk the coach last year had nothing to do with the 9 players chosen to the first team. That was the policy of BBC last year that 9 players would be selected immediately and the other would fight it out for the last three spots. Again I would recommend that you do a little research before throwing out inaccurate criticism.
Ok so the coach didn't make the decision big deal it even makes it more ridiculous if it was a committee. I watched some of these so called top 9 dog it in practice, pull up lame with phantom injuries and I don't blame them no one holds them accountable. Ebe I respect you for back tracking on your prediction of a medal for this group but you undying support for BBC is tiresome. The elite players know BBC is a joke, and know the general public and fans know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iball4food

PostSubject: Right on!   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 am

baller2sk wrote:
ebe wrote:
Ok so the coach didn't make the decision big deal it even makes it more ridiculous if it was a committee. I watched some of these so called top 9 dog it in practice, pull up lame with phantom injuries and I don't blame them no one holds them accountable. Ebe I respect you for back tracking on your prediction of a medal for this group but you undying support for BBC is tiresome. The elite players know BBC is a joke, and know the general public and fans know.

Your post is right on ball4sk, the "inner circle" thinks that they do no wrong. If Basketball BC is so good, why are all the top players not playing for it? Why are we getting beat by small town teams in tournaments? I see the scores on the Basketball BC website and small Washington State teams beat the "best" BC has to offer. Maybe some good therapy and they will see the light. We will never change them, let them run to the cliff edge like the other lemmings! As Jim Rome says, "I'm out"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 am

iball4food wrote:
I have seen firsthand for years how this works. I have coached in other provinces, and your old boys network here is so blatant. I have spent 35 years in this sport in three countries. You can go back to your old boys network and pick your buddies players, etc. Thank God my kids are all grown and I do not have to subject them to this. They played in another province and did well, the BEST players made it with the BEST coaches. I speak from seeing things in three countries.

YOU ARE FLAT OUR WRONG!!!!!! Once again you are throwing our allegations with no proof or facts to back them up. I challenge you to try and show me one instance of this happening. Basketball BC has policies in place that absolutely prevent this and as I have stated I have attended hundreds of camps and have witnessed dozens of teams being picked and it simply doesn't happen. It is outrageous for you to continue to spread your lies. Obviously I have been doing this a long time and at 48 years of age I guess that makes me an "old boy" which is actually quite funny because I am not sure 'the old boys" would ever let me in their club? Just because you spout off on here under an anonymous name does not make it true as a matter of fact it will be hard for you to have any credibility with the inaccurate nature of your posts. You trash an organization that you know very little about and you trash coaches who you have absolutely no clue about. Here is just a few names of coaches who have coached for BBC the previous 15 years: Rich Chambers, Del Komarniski, Kevin Hanson, Barnaby Craddock, Scott Clark, Rich Goulet, Jeff Gourley, Mike Morgan, Mark Simpson, Nevin Gleddie, Steve Hanson, Randy Nohr, Casey Archibald, Scott Allen, and yes even Me. I could name many more but the point here is that BBC works very hard to attract great coaches from all walks of life, ages, and levels and I think you would be hard pressed to call this some kind of cheating "old boys club." Seriously you need to give your head a shake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iball4food

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:53 am

ebe wrote:
iball4food wrote:

YOU ARE FLAT OUR WRONG!!!!!! Once again you are throwing our allegations with no proof or facts to back them up. I challenge you to try and show me one instance of this happening. Basketball BC has policies in place that absolutely prevent this and as I have stated I have attended hundreds of camps and have witnessed dozens of teams being picked and it simply doesn't happen. It is outrageous for you to continue to spread your lies. Obviously I have been doing this a long time and at 48 years of age I guess that makes me an "old boy" which is actually quite funny because I am not sure 'the old boys" would ever let me in their club? Just because you spout off on here under an anonymous name does not make it true as a matter of fact it will be hard for you to have any credibility with the inaccurate nature of your posts. You trash an organization that you know very little about and you trash coaches who you have absolutely no clue about. Here is just a few names of coaches who have coached for BBC the previous 15 years: Rich Chambers, Del Komarniski, Kevin Hanson, Barnaby Craddock, Scott Clark, Rich Goulet, Jeff Gourley, Mike Morgan, Mark Simpson, Nevin Gleddie, Steve Hanson, Randy Nohr, Casey Archibald, Scott Allen, and yes even Me. I could name many more but the point here is that BBC works very hard to attract great coaches from all walks of life, ages, and levels and I think you would be hard pressed to call this some kind of cheating "old boys club." Seriously you need to give your head a shake.

Where are they now??? Not coaching at Basketball BC. We will never change your mind, so I am bowing out gracefully. As I said, I have coached and played in three countries, I have won seven championships as a player or a coach, I have been around, and I am much older than you! Just watch out when they ask you to drink the Kool-Aid in the Basketball BC glass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:02 am

baller2sk wrote:
[/quote]

You may not believe it baller2sk but there are many at BBC that might just question your perception that I have undying support for their program. Did you know that I got hired to do U17 in 2005 only to be fired a few weeks later, trust me I have issues with them just as others do. I absolutely care about the program and I believe they do a great job but are not perfect. BBC works hard to take feedback and look for changes. A concrete example is based on the negative feedback with picking the top 9 players early from last summer they changed the policy this summer - They do listen, they really do. Your assertion that the Elite players know that BBC is a joke is also not true. Clearly this year many of the top players chose to play for clubs but do you think that automatically means they think BBC is a joke. Jadon Cohee has attended CP and I am sure got great things out of it but he made a choice to go with DRIVE which is his choice and he has done very well. Good for him but it doesn't mean that he does not respect BBC. Also this season BBC was clearly missing many top players but up until this year this was absolutely not happening. If the trend continues than BBC will need to look at ways to improve as they always do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:08 am

iball4food wrote:
Where are they now??? Not coaching at Basketball BC.  We will never change your mind, so I am bowing out gracefully. As I said, I have coached and played in three countries, I have won seven championships as a player or a coach, I have been around, and I am much older than you! Just watch out when they ask you to drink the Kool-Aid in the Basketball BC glass!
Once again you don't know what you are talking about as over half of the coaches I listed are still involved. You still have offered nothing in the way of concrete facts or proof and I guess that is why you are going away. You show a lot of class by bringing up the Jonestown Massacre and drinking Kool-Aid, a lot of class my friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 am

ebe wrote:
baller2sk wrote:

You may not believe it baller2sk but there are many at BBC that might just question your perception that I have undying support for their program. Did you know that I got hired to do U17 in 2005 only to be fired a few weeks later, trust me I have issues with them just as others do. I absolutely care about the program and I believe they do a great job but are not perfect. BBC works hard to take feedback and look for changes. A concrete example is based on the negative feedback with picking the top 9 players early from last summer they changed the policy this summer - They do listen, they really do. Your assertion that the Elite players know that BBC is a joke is also not true. Clearly this year many of the top players chose to play for clubs but do you think that automatically means they think BBC is a joke. Jadon Cohee has attended CP and I am sure got great things out of it but he made a choice to go with DRIVE which is his choice and he has done very well. Good for him but it doesn't mean that he does not respect BBC. Also this season BBC was clearly missing many top players but up until this year this was absolutely not happening. If the trend continues than BBC will need to look at ways to improve as they always do.[/quote]

I have been very critical of some aspects of BBC, particularly its lack of support for and cooperation with clubs, but they play an important role in our basketball community as organizers of the sport's infrastructure. I am glad to hear there is some acknowledgement that the status quo is not working. I hope this translates in to action.

As for the drive-by posts by new member iball4food, I think he is way off base criticizing coaches and their integrity in this situation. No one is pleased with losing, but BBC hardly deserves a tirade of condemnation for anyone associated with the organization.

If you are going to attack adults you should at least have the courage to use your real name and there is never a good time to attack players or their efforts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:40 am

ebe wrote:
baller2sk wrote:

You may not believe it baller2sk but there are many at BBC that might just question your perception that I have undying support for their program. Did you know that I got hired to do U17 in 2005 only to be fired a few weeks later, trust me I have issues with them just as others do. I absolutely care about the program and I believe they do a great job but are not perfect. BBC works hard to take feedback and look for changes. A concrete example is based on the negative feedback with picking the top 9 players early from last summer they changed the policy this summer - They do listen, they really do. Your assertion that the Elite players know that BBC is a joke is also not true. Clearly this year many of the top players chose to play for clubs but do you think that automatically means they think BBC is a joke. Jadon Cohee has attended CP and I am sure got great things out of it but he made a choice to go with DRIVE which is his choice and he has done very well. Good for him but it doesn't mean that he does not respect BBC. Also this season BBC was clearly missing many top players but up until this year this was absolutely not happening. If the trend continues than BBC will need to look at ways to improve as they always do.[/quote] Ebe I wont get into quoting people or calling out names but im 100 percent sure the perception is real. Of all the years for the elite not to play and on the biggest stage at Canada Games comon Ebe even you can see the truth here. BBC may listen to reason but its the lack of knowledge as an organization that will be their downfall. Basketball is a game of trends and an ever changing landscape and if your behind in changing with the flow your doomed. BBC, Alberta, have decided to stand pat and that's why they cant and wont attract the top players anymore. The clubs in both provinces rule the roost and they have a lot of relationships to mend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mason2013

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 am

iball4food wrote:
baller2sk wrote:
coachinainteasy wrote:

You said you had no agenda with any one player... yet here you are mentioning one.  

Since you have so much to say can you explain why Hauck would have possibly left his club team to play BBC.... A club team he started on for many years.

Hmm.... again... might want to do your homework before speaking.

This is exactly the reason Ebe said back up what you say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:16 am

I think everyone is a little disturbed over the U17's performance at the CSG's and we are looking for immediate reasons why, passing judgement and pointing fingers.  There are are a combination of reasons, but I'm not sure this is the right time or venue to obtain the desired change.

We have kids right now representing our Province, playing their hearts with numerous family members and supporters in tow. These players should not be made to feel unworthy or unskilled.  They've proven their way onto the team and have as much passion as any other player. I'm sure they're more disappointed in the results then we are, but the critical comments will surely add to their anguish. Although they may not be the top tier players they are still some of the better players in the Province, but can't match up against some of the other Provinces.

Let's support them the remainder of the Games then I'm certain there will be plenty of time to reflect and provide well founded ideas and solutions surrounding what has gone wrong and where we need to go. I'll agree times are changing and BBC needs to adapt and be progressive. The number one priority is how to attract the best players for the U15 and U17 years, which will have to involve serious dialogue with the Club teams. There can not be ultimatums, but full cooperation. With the results at this years Nationals combined with several AAU players committing to Division 1 and CIS schools it will be an even more daunting tasks in years to come to attract the top players if there isn't serious dialogue now.  There are great minds around but personal agendas must be set aside for what's best for the game and for the kids in BC

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:33 am

DickVitale2013 wrote:
I think everyone is a little disturbed over the U17's performance at the CSG's and we are looking for immediate reasons why, passing judgement and pointing fingers.  There are are a combination of reasons, but I'm not sure this is the right time or venue to obtain the desired change.

We have kids right now representing our Province, playing their hearts with numerous family members and supporters in tow. These players should not be made to feel unworthy or unskilled.  They've proven their way onto the team and have as much passion as any other player. I'm sure they're more disappointed in the results then we are, but the critical comments will surely add to their anguish. Although they may not be the top tier players they are still some of the better players in the Province, but can't match up against some of the other Provinces.

Let's support them the remainder of the Games then I'm certain there will be plenty of time to reflect and provide well founded ideas and solutions surrounding what has gone wrong and where we need to go. I'll agree times are changing and BBC needs to adapt and be progressive. The number one priority is how to attract the best players for the U15 and U17 years, which will have to involve serious dialogue with the Club teams. There can not be ultimatums, but full cooperation. With the results at this years Nationals combined with several AAU players committing to Division 1 and CIS schools it will be an even more daunting tasks in years to come to attract the top players if there isn't serious dialogue now.  There are great minds around but personal agendas must be set aside for what's best for the game and for the kids in BC

Cheers

We can always count on DickVitale to give us the voice of reason. Truly. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 pm

BC 90 NWT 18

Corey Hauck had 17 pts and 12 reb with Grant Gailbraith adding 16 pts and 13 reb to lead BC to the win over the clearly over matched NWT squad.

Not sure if injuries had any affect on his PT but Corey Hauck seemed to be vastly under used avg. 4 min. the first 2 games and got a DNP vs Que., a good shooter, with speed and a great motor, who despite his size uses his strength to get to the lanes and rebound effectively, questionable choice by the coaching staff to play him so few minutes, as he is arguably the most talented guard on the team.  

BC will play AB in its last game of the games, winner will place 9th, loser will place 10th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NBN

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:27 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
BC 90 NWT 18

Corey Hauck had 17 pts and 12 reb with Grant Gailbraith adding 16 pts and 13 reb to lead BC to the win over the clearly over matched NWT squad.

Not sure if injuries had any affect on his PT but Corey Hauck seemed to be vastly under used avg. 4 min. the first 2 games and got a DNP vs Que., a good shooter, with speed and a great motor, who despite his size uses his strength to get to the lanes and rebound effectively, questionable choice by the coaching staff to play him so few minutes, as he is arguably the most talented guard on the team.  

BC will play AB in its last game of the games, winner will place 9th, loser will place 10th.
Basketball BC has Martin Bogajev and Adam Karmali, both are long time Basketball BC players. Corey Hauck is in his first year. Both Martin and Adam are very good players, and deserve to play considering they have supported Basketball BC for years where Hauck has played drive. I will have to admit that his limited time is rather confusing and they certainly could have used him more in the Saskatchewan game or the NL given how others played poorly. DNP in Quebec must be an injury related decision. I thought Elijah Campbell would also be used differently; he is just playing so conservative, where he should be looking to score more. They have also missed Hayden Lejeune floor presents (probably their best big man), must also be injured?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 pm

NBN wrote:
Basketball BC has Martin Bogajev and Adam Karmali, both are long time Basketball BC players. Corey Hauck is in his first year.  Both Martin and Adam are very good players, and deserve to play considering they have supported Basketball BC for years where Hauck has played drive.  I will have to admit that his limited time is rather confusing and they certainly could have used him more in the Saskatchewan game or the NL given how others played poorly.  DNP in Quebec must be an injury related decision. I thought Elijah Campbell would also be used differently; he is just playing so conservative, where he should be looking to score more. They have also missed Hayden Lejeune floor presents (probably their best big man), must also be injured?
Interesting observation, but I believe players should get PT based on production, when the end goal is to win not just compete a coach should put the best players on the floor regardless of any past affiliations, just because a player has played for BBC in the past should never be in the mind of a coach trying to win a game, all these players were chosen to represent our Province and past allegiances shouldn’t be taken into account.

Glossing over the game stats, it’s a little disconcerting to see that the player with the most FG attempts over the course of the games is Karmali, nothing against him but he is generally considered a distributing guard not a scoring guard, if the coaching staff has game planned for their guards to shoot more, Bogajev and Hauck (who both have a per 48 min avg. of over 36 ppg, almost 20 ppg more than any other guard on the roster) would clearly better suited to additional minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Lejeune got a concussion just prior to the games and has not been medically cleared to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:40 pm

From only watching the game against Quebec and a few of the local tournaments, the game plan from the get go seemed to be to get the ball inside. Unfortunately they couldn't convert on that game plan (throughout the summer). Corey definately would've have helped on the offensive side but you still need to get the ball up the court. Having Corey and Adam on the floor at the same time would've been nice to see similar to when Maritn and Adam were on the court. Having said that, with their limited size you couldn't do that for too long without being at a disadvantage.

Can you post a link to the game stats for the Summer Games?

I would like to see the ratio of turnovers per 48 min (shouldn't we base it on 40 min) for the guards on the team. Mainly, Adam, Martin Elijah and Corey.

Also, to play the stats game and include the last game against NWT is a little skewed. I'm only guessing here but Corey probably played the most minutes of any guards in that game.

A better stat would be too see how these players performed throughout the summer as opposed to a three game tourney. Again this is my perspective, handling pressure was an issue for this team all summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DickVitale2013

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:55 pm

There main issues have been their inability to stop the other team on the defensive end by allowing too much penetration, and untimely turnovers. It takes more than a specific player, but a team to play sound defense and handle pressure. Offensively, they have good shooters, but haven't been able to create anything off the dribble to get open looks or dumps off down below. In my opinion Karmali has been solid, their most consistent player and probably leading scorer. He has great fundamentals and has the ability to score, but is to unselfish as he is a pass first point guard, but he has demonstrated in this tournament that he is willing and can make the open jumper. He has been very reliable with the ball. So the coaching staff has been giving him the nucleus of the playing time at PG which is where Hauck plays.  It always comes down in a coach's eyes whose the #1 and #2 guy. I did think though that Hauck would get more minutes.

In highschool ball or almost any competitive team the most important and critical position is the PG spot. A great big is not much without a very good PG.  The PG's the motor/engine that runs the team. It's about vision, controlling tempo, high assist/turnover ratio, creating scoring opportunities and finding open teammates, penetration, being a scoring threat, handling pressure, getting your team into offensive sets, finding mismatches, the "hot" guy, quarterbacking your team and knowing what they are trying to do to you and figuring out what you have to do. Not just whether a player can shoot the long ball.  I'm not saying BC's PGs aren't like that but the above factors are all the things that the coaches must look at in making a determination whose getting minutes. And for the record I do not for one support the opinion that you have advantage because you've been on the team longer. All coaches unless in grassroots play to win!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:21 pm

BC 76 AB 51 (9th/10th)

Matt Neufeld led the way with 15 pts and 9 reb with Denver Sparks-Guest adding 15 pts 4 reb 4 stl and 2 ast

BC Boys finish off the Canada Games on a strong note, beating Alberta convincingly to finish in 9th Place, and going 2-3 overall in the games.
Good win for the boys, glad they came out with two victories after there previous defeats.
Overall disappointing finish for both westcoast provinces with BC in 9th and AB in 10th out of 11 teams, hopefully the boys soaked in the experience and use it as a learning tool for high school season on the hotizon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canada Summer Games   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down

Canada Summer Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next