HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Chronic Knee Pain / Soreness ... do compression knee sleeves work ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
euroSTEP

PostSubject: Chronic Knee Pain / Soreness ... do compression knee sleeves work ?   Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Hey, long time lurker but I finally had a question for you guys.

I've been playing basketball for years now and until a couple months ago, I would experience soreness and slight pain in my knees/calves after playing basketball for an extended period of time. The pain itself is not very intense but the soreness is quite noticeable as it's occurs quite often.

I have tried wear knee braces/pads but I found them uncomfortable and bulky, not to mention they stop blood circulation if you wear them too tightly. I've been looking for alternatives and noticed a lot of athletes wear compression knee sleeves to prevent similar symptoms. I've read online that long distance runners wear compression pads because it helps them keep their muscles tight resulting in better results and less pain. I checked on craigslist and there's an ad for McDavid knee sleeves and it looks like the same compression sleeves worn by several NCAA/NBA players. Has anyone tried those sleeves out ? Do they actually work ? If someone could give me an idea that would be great before I spend $60 on the item!

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chronic Knee Pain / Soreness ... do compression knee sleeves work ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1