HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

calgary club fees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deathstar11

PostSubject: calgary club fees   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm

we are considering club basketball in Calgary.  Can anyone shed some light on fees associated with each club program? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: calgary club fees   Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Not sure about Calgary but just for information and comparison's sake the Jr. Horns in Lethbridge is $495.  This fee covers a uniform rental, a reversible practice jersey the players keep, tournament entry fees for 5 tournaments (approximately 15+ games), approximately 2 practices/week April-June with top quality coaches and administrative/insurance costs. Players do have to have their own transportation and accommodations for tournaments but its carpool and rooming together so its not a big deal.  I don't think any other club program in the province provides that kind of value with that competitive level. Both the U15A1 and U17A teams are considered by many as one of the best, if not the best, club teams in the province in their respective age groups. 

I've heard some clubs in Calgary have fees in the $2000-$4000 range but I don't know which clubs and what you get for your dollar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
commcoach

PostSubject: Re: calgary club fees   Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 am

That is pretty good value.

The Calgary Selects, at the U13 and under (in this year's case U14) level was $695. U15 and up (boys and girls) was $895.

That covers:
2 90-minute practices a week from late-March to July
1 league registration fee
5 tournaments
Selects clothing

Transportation and accommodations expenses are covered by the player, similar to what 12321 said.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the lower cost for the younger level means they only do 2 tournaments during the spring season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
withoutapause

PostSubject: Re: calgary club fees   Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:34 pm

commcoach wrote:
That is pretty good value.

The Calgary Selects, at the U13 and under (in this year's case U14) level was $695. U15 and up (boys and girls) was $895.

That covers:
2 90-minute practices a week from late-March to July
1 league registration fee
5 tournaments
Selects clothing

Transportation and accommodations expenses are covered by the player, similar to what 12321 said.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the lower cost for the younger level means they only do 2 tournaments during the spring season.

WOW, that's not to bad. I know my buddy has a child competing on Team AB U17 Boys and they had to pay like 2,300 which is crazy considering the fact that those kids are not improving their skills by participating. Who cares about going to Gonzaga or to Vegas IF your child isnt going to improve and take something away from the coaching. Hell, i can purchase a ticket for my kid to these places for far less to enjoy a vacation. I think we are missing what being involed with these programs are supposed to mean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: calgary club fees   Today at 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

calgary club fees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1