HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scoutsfocus

PostSubject: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 pm

jacques lukusa one of the best point guards and top player in the 2016.He is nationally ranked the number 4 in the nation and the best point guards in his class. The question that most people has been asking over twitter and asking in person is whether that he is leaving to prep school this year or is he going back to immaculata for another ring. who knows i have been reading on the internet that blair academy and new hampton prep and also findlay prep all have been majorly interested in his what he does on the court. l had a chance to talk to mr lukusa after his crazy performance in the northpolehoops showcase after he took the mvp award i asked him what are your plans this summmer .he said" go to take care of summer school fist and then hopefully everything will follow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
getknownkidimbleeding

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Imma let you finish scoutsfocus.....but Chris Seto had one of the best high school seasons of all-time....of all-time.

Lol. But in all seriousness, you have to be either deaf or blind if you have not heard of Seto. The 6'2 forward should have been in the all-star game last year yet he decided to not to participate due to academic issues. As I have already discussed in previous posts, the man CAN BALL. Ball handling, rebounding, man-to man defense you name it, he will DELIVER. Seto's father was recently quoted as saying Lukusa is "overrated" and a "chucker". He also had a few words to Garneau's teachers, who had decided that Chris Seto was not going to be allowed to play in that all-star game..."Those teachers should have let Chrisss playyyy". When I tried to talk to some of the teachers they declined. Seto's father even went as far as saying that most of Ottawa's talent was very unfulfilling." I think Ottawa's talent is overrated sometimes, how many people from actually went to play basketball after school; That team at St.Pats has no one in the CIS, although I read on hooplife that one player, Jean had an offer from Syracuase...or at least attended a buy-in camp. Oh well I hope that people start to recognize my son. If you have any questions about him, please direct your questions to his agent Steve Austin, at 613-WWF-FEAR. His office is at 1000 Orneala Cryes Boulevard on the corner of Korianspie Avenue . Our obese-wheelchair bound doorman Mr.Fanco will gladly eat corndogs in your face instead of aiding you to the office. Sometimes do you wonder why Somalians smell bad? Or why they almost always in hordes? I forgot to mention that my son is also a great cake eater....so watch out Nessa Montana, we coming for you and that cake-eating title. Anyways, it was great speaking with all of you and also this guy needs to stop sucking so much Cizzock in his Mizzouth. Did you know that "Qu'est-qui cet enfant-la?" is basicially WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

SCOUTSFOCUS WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? I have alzeheimer so meet me in the crib its going down unless im wit my two step so i might lean wit it all the way turnt up with no hands in my two seater on the 285 because this is how we do it while tipsy. Hotdogs:cheers: 

afro affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scoutsfocus

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 am

Your beyond crazy no one even knows about the kid your talking about lukusa is the best pg in the 2016 class that's forsure his 4ranked in the country this kid lukusa just is on another level just being honest he might be the best pg to ever come out of Ottawa no doubt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:47 pm

About st pats that is so true no one on that team ended up playing in the CIS? What are they even doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inthehouse

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:12 pm

scoutsfocus wrote:
Your beyond crazy no one even knows about the kid your talking about lukusa is the best pg in the 2016 class that's forsure his 4ranked in the country this kid lukusa just is on another level just being honest he might be the best pg to ever come out of Ottawa no doubt
Once again Jacques is a very good player and I'm a fan. This is a big year for him as he has to prove it at both ends of the floor and be a leader on and off the floor! I think Cory Johnson and Yassin Joseph are also great guards. Jacques has more tools athletically and he makes a lot of tough things look very easy. No doubt he has the potential to be a special player in years to come but still has a long way to go and must mature as all players do?

To put him as the best PG ever is very premature, there have been a lot of great ones over the years. First, needs to dominate and prove he's the best player in the city. No disrespect but I've coached a couple of very good ones - I would still take Sean Stoqua (SH) and Wayne Alexander (Nepean 96-98) over him right now. Both were warriors, competed ALL the time, every game and led by example as well as pushed/made their teammates do the same. That's called leadership, that's the role of the PG - I'm sure other coaches could find other PG's they might take over Jacques? Hoping Jacques can elevate and be the "special" player/leader he can be.

Happy Thanksgiving week-end!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scoutsfocus

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Ok we'll said but l seen him now his matured way more then before his being vocal etc and l don't think
There's any question that he is the best player by far as all the coach been saying again clearly his going in the books as top pg to ever come from Ottawa and if you had to rank them PGs between Sean and Wayne and jacques what would I t be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inthehouse

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm

scoutsfocus wrote:
Ok we'll said but l seen him now his matured way more then before his being vocal etc and l don't think
There's any question that he is the best player by far as all the coach been saying again clearly his going in the books as top pg to ever come from  Ottawa and if you had to rank them PGs between Sean and Wayne and jacques what would I t be
I will say again very premature to say best PG EVER out of Ottawa HS - you're discounting a lot of very good one's before him and I just mentioned the two best that I've coached in Sean Stoqua (Acadia) and Wayne Alexander (Concordia). You obviously haven't seen many but I can think of some good ones over the years that I played against and coached against - missing some I'm sure, won't include me in this list but let's just say no one would scare me on this list...lol!:

Chris Jonsson (Bell early 80's-Niagara)
Brian Lee (SRB-St. FX)
Curtis Houlden (LBP-Algonquin)
Jafeth Maeruka (St. Pat's-Carleton)
Jon Bell (Woodroffe-St. FX)
Shawn Swords (Woodroffe-Laurentian)
Dionne Williams (St. Pat's-St. FX)

As for Jacques I'm a broken record, has the tools but he's not close to best ever, has a ways to go - let's wait and see how the year goes, he's only in grade 11 the above list were all grade 13s so older than Jacques. If any other coaches want to jump in this discussion feel free...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:47 pm

I would add:
Mike Kenny (SRB and captain of Carleton Ravens national champs)
Greg Carter (St. Pats CIS defensive player of the year with Lakehead)
Scott Ring (St. Matts and Bishops)
Njaguna Waiganjo (SRB OCAA player of the year with Algonquin)
Anthony Hinds (AY Jackson and Algonquin)

All of these guys are players who won multiple championships and continued success at the next level. This is not a slight on Jacques as he simply has not played enough to have the successes that these guys had. I will also suggest that talent only goes so far. These guys brought several qualities (including talent) to the table. Effort, leadership, defense, physicality, making teammates better, and on and on. All we know about Jacques right now is that he is talented. Can he do the other things to make himself great? Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scoutsfocus

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 am

Ok well said only time will tell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa   Today at 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down

jacques lukusa is turning up the streets of ottawa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1