HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Any coaching changes?
Early - Predictions Hartland Boys and John Caldwell Girls ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside



Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:38 pm

John Caldwell girls vs ??? Petticodiac

Boys : Harvey vs Hartland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever



Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 pm

As far as A girls go, I think Caledonia has to be considered top 2, bringing back almost their entire squad minus maybe 2? Caldwell is definitely a favorite as well but because of Vanessa Dufresne's knee injury, I don't think they will be able to hang on to that top spot, I think they actually peaked 2 years ago, just my opinion.
DP would have been considered a top 3, but they lost 3 key players to LH and will do well to field a competitive team this year. Petty will be decent but is lacking an the inside presence they had last year. GM lost one starter and could be in the mix for sure. Harvey could have contended for the right to host the SW regional this year, but with Sara Schriver transferring to FHS, and the loss of Abby Donnelly and Morgan Holland, they go really small really fast.
Hartland is going to make some noise in the West his year, I actually think they will finish 2nd to JC in that Zone. I suppose Stanley will come out as the North representative at the end of the year, but after losing virtually their entire starting line, they will struggle to win a game come playoff time.
These are of course very early opinions with almost nothing to substantiate them other than what I have seen and heard over the past 6 months. Just for fun, I am going to do a top 8, just because I love the banter. The season can't get here soon enough!

A Girls
------
1. Caledonia
2. John Caldwell
3. Grand Manan
4. Peticodiac
5. Hartland
6. Harvey
7. Devon Park (if they have a team)
8. Stanley

A Boys
-------
1. Hartand (give them the banner now?)
2. Harvey (you know they are going to be in the mix)
3. Devon Park (when was the last time they weren't in the middle of it)
4.Grand Manan (starting line can compete with anybody, but after that.......)
5. Caledonia
6.McAdam
7/8.Stanley? Campo?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09



Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 pm

39forever wrote:
As far as A girls go, I think Caledonia has to be considered top 2, bringing back almost their entire squad minus maybe 2? Caldwell is definitely a favorite as well but because of Vanessa Dufresne's knee injury, I don't think they will be able to hang on to that top spot, I think they actually peaked 2 years ago, just my opinion.
 DP would have been considered a top 3, but they lost 3 key players to LH and will do well to field a competitive team this year. Petty will be decent but is lacking an the inside presence they had last year. GM lost one starter and could be in the mix for sure. Harvey could have contended for the right to host the SW regional this year, but with Sara Schriver transferring to FHS, and the loss of Abby Donnelly and Morgan Holland, they go really small really fast.
  Hartland is going to  make some noise in the West his year, I actually think they will finish 2nd to JC in that Zone. I suppose Stanley will come out as the North representative at the end of the year, but after losing virtually their entire starting line, they will struggle to win a game come playoff time.
 These are of course very early opinions with almost nothing to substantiate them other than what I have seen and heard over the past 6 months. Just for fun, I am going to do a top 8, just because I love the banter. The season can't get here soon enough!

A Girls
------
1. Caledonia
2. John Caldwell
3. Grand Manan
4. Peticodiac
5. Hartland
6. Harvey
7. Devon Park (if they have a team)
8. Stanley

A Boys
-------
1. Hartand (give them the banner now?)
2. Harvey (you know they are going to be in the mix)
3. Devon Park (when was the last time they weren't in the middle of it)
4.Grand Manan (starting line can compete with anybody, but after that.......)
5. Caledonia
6.McAdam
7/8.Stanley? Campo?

I heard that Campo may not have a Sr. boys team this season? I think Caledonia only had two Gr 12s on last years team and they were not game changing players, so I expect them to be higher for 5th where they were top 4 last year, unless there are transfers that I haven't heard about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside



Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Boys: Hartland and Harvey will be the games to watch. Lots of talent amoungst those two teams.
JC played most of the season last year without the Dufresne girl and were in high contention throughout the entire season and at all tournaments, that being said with their strong starters and deep bench everyone should be on alert.
Grand Manan girls will also be making some noise as well.
Looks like it could be a great season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut



Posts : 158
Join date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm

C-N '06-'09 wrote:
39forever wrote:
As far as A girls go, I think Caledonia has to be considered top 2, bringing back almost their entire squad minus maybe 2? Caldwell is definitely a favorite as well but because of Vanessa Dufresne's knee injury, I don't think they will be able to hang on to that top spot, I think they actually peaked 2 years ago, just my opinion.
 DP would have been considered a top 3, but they lost 3 key players to LH and will do well to field a competitive team this year. Petty will be decent but is lacking an the inside presence they had last year. GM lost one starter and could be in the mix for sure. Harvey could have contended for the right to host the SW regional this year, but with Sara Schriver transferring to FHS, and the loss of Abby Donnelly and Morgan Holland, they go really small really fast.
  Hartland is going to  make some noise in the West his year, I actually think they will finish 2nd to JC in that Zone. I suppose Stanley will come out as the North representative at the end of the year, but after losing virtually their entire starting line, they will struggle to win a game come playoff time.
 These are of course very early opinions with almost nothing to substantiate them other than what I have seen and heard over the past 6 months. Just for fun, I am going to do a top 8, just because I love the banter. The season can't get here soon enough!

A Girls
------
1. Caledonia
2. John Caldwell
3. Grand Manan
4. Peticodiac
5. Hartland
6. Harvey
7. Devon Park (if they have a team)
8. Stanley

A Boys
-------
1. Hartand (give them the banner now?)
2. Harvey (you know they are going to be in the mix)
3. Devon Park (when was the last time they weren't in the middle of it)
4.Grand Manan (starting line can compete with anybody, but after that.......)
5. Caledonia
6.McAdam
7/8.Stanley? Campo?

I heard that Campo may not have a Sr. boys team this season? I think Caledonia only had two Gr 12s on last years team and they were not game changing players, so I expect them to be higher for 5th where they were top 4 last year, unless there are transfers that I haven't heard about.
   The boys actually had no grade twelves last year. The only player not coming back is a grade 10 I believe and really how much damage can that cause. They will steamroll through there division and then they are done I would put them below Mcadam no one should touch hartland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa



Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: A Boys   Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on single A boys?
The only team that is really returning a solid roster would be Hartland imo.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Suppose their will be rumours of players coming and going or coaching changes that could impact things. Haven't heard anything to date that would not have Hartland, Harvey, Caledonia, Devon Park being the favourites?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23



Posts : 16
Join date : 2012-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Devon Parks top scorer from there boys team last year is at Leo Hayes so i dont think they are going to be strong. Look for John caldwell and Canterbury to be in play for the 2-4 positions in the west.



Metta Peace wrote:
Suppose their will be rumours of players coming and going or coaching changes that could impact things.  Haven't heard anything to date that would not have Hartland, Harvey, Caledonia, Devon Park being the favourites?  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:10 am

Would have thought Devon's top scorer graduated, they did have a lefty that scored well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23



Posts : 16
Join date : 2012-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Metta Peace wrote:
Would have thought Devon's top scorer graduated,  they did have a lefty that scored well?
Maybe. A former player at devon Park told me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter



Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Who is the best PG in class A????? Hartland's - Caleb Orser or Harvey's - Noah Gillespie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 pm

neither
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller14



Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Orser definitely has the edge over anybody in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm

why
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 am

What is your insight on the best PG hawkfan? I am thinking there are maybe a few other names that should be thrown into the hat for consideration but I am thinking Orser , Gillespie and Pothier are in the top five for sure......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 pm

In A I would say pothier when healthy is the best. Orser is good but takes to many needless chances with fancy crap but he has an excellent team to bail him out. Harveys young guy is very fast and talented as well. Caledonia had a young one that was good but he is now playing at McNaughton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

How about Branscombe from Petit...heard he was a handful?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Absolutely the kid is a blast to watch, but not really a point guard out of necessity for petti to have some kind of scoring up front , but I have seen him go off for 50 and he never leaves the floor. On a stronger team I am sure he could dominate at the position
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.   Today at 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Class "A" Basketball Thoughts.
» Top 10 players in the class of 2015?
» James Woods, Class of 2018
» Top players in the class of 2017?
» Class of 2021, 2020, and 2019 rankings

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: