HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

James Woods, Class of 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: James Woods, Class of 2018   Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Just wanted to be the first that I know of on this board to give a little acknowledgement to a super talented 8th grader, James Woods from the Walnut Grove Gators.
As a high school freshman I predict very big things and a bright future ahead for this young man, a constant worker and highly skilled basketball player. He might be short in stature but his talent and motor soar high above many kids I've watched over the years.
Watch out as he will be lighting up the scoreboards this season for the Gators, and is another gem Coach Bergen can hopefully mold into another future BC High School MVP.

Keep your eye out, James Woods will be a big topic in the years to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: James Woods, Class of 2018   Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Is this the kid that played on the Drive Elite (not sure which age since I (potentially) saw him play for two teams)?

He has a skin tear on his upper lip?
Back to top Go down
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: James Woods, Class of 2018   Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:45 pm

The V. wrote:
Is this the kid that played on the Drive Elite (not sure which age since I (potentially) saw him play for two teams)?

He has a skin tear on his upper lip?
Yes he has been playing with Drive Elite.
I think for his age he is extremely skilled despite his small stature he is always fearless regardless of size or competition, not sure how is development will be through his high school years but it will sure be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: James Woods, Class of 2018   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
extremely skilled despite his small stature he is always fearless regardless of size or competition
Seconded. I saw the Elite team play one of the Seattle teams in the Drive tournament and was really impressed. Even if he doesn't hit 6'+ he looks like he'll figure it out.

Kid has tons of confidence (not cocky) in his skill.
Back to top Go down
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Another to watch from Class of 2018   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:32 am

AthElite player Miguel Tomley is another super talented Grade 8 player, who I believe is enrolled at Tamanawis. He played up 2 levels on the U15 Club team this summer.

A very talented guard, and is already about 6' tall. One to watch for as his ceiling is very high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Woods, Class of 2018   Today at 3:14 am

Back to top Go down

James Woods, Class of 2018
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1